Still figuring out which one to go with — Beaver Builder vs Elementor? Don’t worry, we are here to help you choose the most reliable and flexible page builder.
Needless to say, Elementor and Beaver Builder are the two most reliable WordPress page builders available. These two come with a lot of similarities and common features; however, there are a few differences as well.
To compare these page builders, Beaver Builder and Elementor, we took various parameters. These parameters are — interface, ease of use, design options, responsiveness, theme builder, templates, pricing, and so on.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Beaver Builder vs Elementor: Quick Comparison
Here is a quick comparison between Beaver Builder and Elementor:
|Ease of Use||Very easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface with intuitive controls. Great for beginners.||Fairly easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface. It may have a steeper learning curve for complete beginners.|
|Speed||Very fast load times and editing. Uses lightweight code.||It can slow down sites with lots of heavy modules. But optimizations have improved speed.|
|Design Options||Good selection of modular templates and layouts.||Massive library of templates, widgets, and design options. Very flexible.|
|Customization||Lots of customization options for advanced users.||Nearly endless customization with code editing and CSS.|
|Support||Good documentation and support forums.||Great documentation and active user community forums.|
|Price||The premium version ($99/year) unlocks more features.||Free version with premium upgrades ($59/year).|
|Summary||An excellent lightweight page builder for beginners focused on speed.||Extremely flexible builder packed with design options, better for advanced users.|
Beaver Builder vs Elementor: Overview
Just to give a quick overview, let us tell you about Elementor and Beaver Builder. Both Beaver Builder and Elementor are so-called “WordPress page builders.”
In simple words, these are WordPress plugins that allow you to design WordPress websites in an easy way. Beaver Builder and Elementor make the WordPress interface easy to create and design stunning websites. Both plugins come with a drag-and-drop interface and a visual interface.
Some of the common features that Elementor and Beaver Builder come with:
- Elementor and Beaver Builder work like a charm with all WordPress websites and themes out there.
- They both have their unique design interface, which is kind of similar. Also, they have their differences compared to the basic interface of WordPress customizer.
- Both the plugins — Elementor and Beaver Builder, come with ready-to-use templates to help you kickstart. However, both allow you to design websites from scratch.
- Both the page builder plugins come with robust content blocks that you can add to your pages. These blocks come for different features such as — countdown timers, testimonials, galleries, and so on.
- Elementor and Beaver Builder enable you to create websites without writing a single line of code.
In this detailed comparison, we’re going to compare Elementor and Beaver Builder.
Note: Wanna get detailed insights into Elementor Pro? I have already done a detailed Elementor Pro Review here.
Beaver Builder vs Elementor: Interface
Beaver Builder and Elementor come with an intuitive drag-and-drop page-building interface. The thing is, the interface of Beaver Builder and Elementor looks different. We’re going to compare the interface of these page builder plugins.
Beaver Builder Interface
Beaver Builder comes with an intuitive interface, and it has two standalone points listed below.
First of all, the interface is fast, and it’s glitch-free, which means you can seamlessly design WordPress websites. Secondly, the interface is customizable, where you get to choose from multiple layouts and interfaces. You can customize the interface as per your workflow.
Once you launch the interface of Beaver Builder, you are going to see a full preview of all your designs in the toolbar. If you want to add a new template or module, you need to just click on the plus icon to easily expand the list of modules. After that, you can just easily drag them into your page.
Similarly, to edit a row or column, you need to click on it, and it will open a popup. Also, the popup is fully resizable, and you can move it to any position as per your needs. What’s more, the pop is fully resizable, and you can also put it in any position.
There is the default popup window, if you don’t like the popup window, you can just make use of the interface to the left or right side of the screen in order to use the toolbar of the Beaver Builder.
Elementor has a clean interface that has a drag-and-drop functionality to design WordPress websites. It enables you to see a live preview of your design on the right side of the screen, and it has a widgets section on the left side of the screen.
The fixed side of Elementor has all the widgets elements such as headings, images, text editors, video, button, etc. What’s more, in the left sidebar you will also get the option to edit your widgets, columns, and sections.
To start designing a page with Elementor you need to start dragging the elements of the widget from the sidebar. If you want to edit a section or widget, you need to just click on it, the settings will popup in a sidebar.
The best part, Elementor also offers a few other unique interfaces. Such as when you right-click on the widgets or the sections, you will access useful options.
What’s more, Elementor also provides a navigator feature that helps you get an aerial view of your pages’ layout. Even it gives the option to label the sections.
Also, Elementor provides a finder module that allows you to easily jump to other designs to Elementor settings. Overall, the interface of Elementor is pretty easy for beginners out there.
Beaver Builder vs Elementor: Design Options
The thing is, Elementor Pro offers various design options which enable you to design stunning WordPress websites. When we compared the design options to Beaver Builder and other page builders to Elementor, we found that — Elementor offers more customization options.
Let’s explore the design options of Beaver Builder and Elementor.
Beaver Builder Design Options
Beaver Builder provides all the core design options that are limited as per our experience. The thing is, the design options of Beaver Builder don’t match the level of Elementors’ design option.
Anyways, you can still make use of Beaver Builder design options to craft stunning websites. You can use the Beaver Builder design options to individual rows, columns along modules. All these options are mainly divided into three important tabs.
One thing, Beaver Builder doesn’t allow you to add custom CSS to enhance your page design. On the other hand, Elementor Pro allows you to add custom CSS to your page.
Elementor Design Options
As explained earlier, Elementor comes with flexible design options. You can access Elementors’ design options from the settings sections. The Elementor design options are divided into three tabs, the first two tabs — Content, Design. The first two provide basic settings such as the content, typography. However, the third tab which is Advanced Tab comes with advanced settings options.
When compared to the design options of Beaver Builder, Elementor provides many robust options. Such as, in the advanced tab of Elementor you will get access to different customization options. Some of them are — Motion effects, custom positioning, margin, padding, element level CSS, and so on.
What’s more, Elementor pro gives you a sitewide design system that allows you to add global fonts and colors. Yes, you can easily configure global design options with Elementor. This feature comes in handy when you’re designing a custom website using Elementor Pro theme builder.
Beaver Builder vs Elementor: Responsive Design
When it comes to design, responsive design plays an important role. In today’s world, mobile devices are booming so you need to make sure your website design is responsive on all devices.
Let’s what Beaver Builder and Elementor have got to offer when it comes to responsive design.
Beaver Builder Responsive Design
Beaver Builder helps you design pages that are responsive on all devices by default. Well if you check the preview of your websites’ design on different devices, you can use the preview module.
What’s more, if you wanna make changes to the design for a specific device, Beaver Builder allows you to do that. For that, you have two options available that are listed below.
- You have the option to customize the design and style of any particular design such as font size, text etc.
- Secondly, Beaver Builder allows you to hide certain design elements on different devices.
What’s more, Beaver Builder also allows you to customize the dimensions of the breakpoints.
Elementor Pro Responsive Design
Needless to say, all the designs of Elementor Pro are responsive on all devices by default. Just to give you flexible control, Elementor comes with responsive design options.
While designing pages, Elementor Pro provides you access to previews. Using the preview option you will be able to check the preview of designs on different devices.
What’s more, Elementor provides you access to:
- Customize all the design settings, on the basis of different devices and screen sizes. Such as different design options Mobile, Desktop and Tablets.
- Enables you to hide certain design elements on specific devices such as mobile, desktop and tablets.
With the rollout of the Elementor 3.4 version, you can also customize all the responsive breakpoints.
Beaver Builder vs Elementor: Templates & Blocks
The perks of using WordPress page builders, they provide ready-to-use templates and blocks. That means you don’t have to create a design from scratch. You can just use the templates and get your design ready in minutes. Let’s check the templates and blocks of Beaver Builder and Elementor.
Beaver Builder Templates & Blocks
Beaver Builder provides a library of templates, however, it’s limited when compared to Elementor Pro. To be honest, templates are not the strong suite of Beaver Builder, although they have some templates available.
They provide two kinds of ready to use templates:
- Pages: These are complete page designs.
- Rows: These are only templates for specific sections of a page such as — contact form, about us, testimonial etc.
What’s more, you also need to save your own designs to the Beaver Builder library. And guess what, you can use them anywhere you want.
Elementor Pro Templates & Blocks
Elementor Pro excels when it comes to templates and blocks libraries. Elementor Pro provides around 300+ templates and blocks which are well designed and responsive on all devices.
Elementor Pro offers mainly three types of templates:
- Pages: These are complete designs of pages.
- Blocks: These are the design for specific parts of a page such as — testimonial, contact us, about us, etc.
- Website Kits: The website kits are complete website templates which consist of templates for several different pages for a website. Such as homepage, contact, blog, etc.
What’s more, Elementor provides hundreds of well-designed templates, pages, and blocks. Even if you get around 80+ complete website kits — add new kits every month.
All in all, Elementor Pro has the biggest library of ready-to-use templates and blocks compared to all WordPress page builders.
Beaver Builder vs Elementor: Theme Builder
Theme Builder is the new feature that these page builders started offering. Beaver Builder and Elementor Pro come with the functionality to design a complete theme using the Theme Builder module. Let’s compare the builder module of Beaver Builder and Elementor Pro.
Beaver Builder Theme Builder
Beaver Builder comes with the functionality of theme builder. However, the core plugin of Beaver Builder doesn’t have this feature. To use the theme builder, you need to buy a separate extension of Beaver Builder, which is called — Beaver Theme.
Now with the Beaver Themer, you can easily use the Beaver Builder interface to use the theme builder. With the Beaver Theme, you can create:
- Single Post Design
What’s more, Beaver Themer also supports dynamic content. That means you have the option to include content from the custom field. Once you’re ready to publish a theme section, you can also make use of the different trigger rules. Such as where and where not to display these pages.
Elementor Pro Theme Builder
As per our encounter with Elementor Pro, we found that Elementor Pro has the best-in-class theme builder. The best part, the theme builder of Elementor Pro allows you to make use of Elementors’ interface to design your theme. Even you can customize a few aspects of it, such as:
- Single Post/Page design
- Popup Builder
- 404 Error Page
What’s more, if you’re building an online store, you have the option to customize the single product templates.
The Theme Builder of Elementor comes with the same interface as the page builder. Let’s say, you’re building a header or footer for your website, you have the option to choose from different available templates.
What’s more, you have the option to design the header, footer, and other theme elements from scratch. When it comes to displaying these theme elements, Elementor provides robust display options. You can also use the conditional rules to control where you wanna showcase it.
The best part, Elementor Theme Builder works like a charm with other WordPress themes. Now you can tweak the specific part of your theme and design a stunning WordPress website.
Beaver Builder vs Elementor: Pros & Cons
Here are the pros & cons of using Beaver Builder and Elementor.
- Elementor offers a lot of features, such as universal design features and a popup builder.
- Elementor offers a huge template library that also includes website kits.
- It is the most affordable option if you just want to create one website.
- You get access to the theme builder in the WordPress plugin, whereas you need to purchase an add-on for the theme builder on Beaver Builder.
- Elementor offers a lot of third-party add-ons that you can use to add additional elements to your website.
- If you are planning to use the Elementor Pro plugin for more than one website, then it will be expensive for you.
- There is no renewal discount on Elementor when you renew your plan.
Beaver Builder Pros
- Beaver Builder’s interface is smooth, glitch-free, and fast.
- It gives you the option to customize Beaver Builder’s interface layout so you can work according to your comfort.
- The developers of Beaver Builder push updates very frequently.
- It comes with an unlimited websites plan which is great if you’re planning to create multiple websites.
- When you renew your plan on Beaver Builder, you get a whopping 40% discount.
Beaver Builder Cons
- It does not offer a lot of features like Elementor.
- The Beaver Builder’s template library does not have as many options as Elementor’s.
Beaver Builder vs Elementor: Pricing Battle
Now let’s take a look at the pricing module of Beaver Builder and Elementor.
Beaver Builder Pricing Plans
Beaver Builder has a flexible pricing structure, and it offers only yearly plans. They basically offer three plans which are listed below:
- Standard: The Standard plan of Beaver Builder costs $99 yearly for unlimited sites. This plan comes with these features — unlimited sites, a page builder plugin, premium modules & templates.
- Pro: The Pro plan costs $199/yearly for unlimited sites. The Pro plan comes with all the features included in the Standard plans. Also, it comes with two add-ons — Beaver Builder theme and Multi-site Capable.
- Agency: The Agency plan costs $399 for unlimited sites. This plan comes with all the features in the Standard and Pro plan. Additionally, it also comes with a white labeling feature.
- Ultimate: The Ultimate plan costs $599 for unlimited sites. This plan comes with all the features of the Agence plan, and additionally, it gives you access to the Beaver Builder add-on and six months of free access to Assistant Pro.
These are the plans for Beaver Builder; if you renew the plan next year, you will get around a 40% discount on Beaver Builder plans.
Elementor Pro Plugin Pricing
Let’s explore the pricing plans of Elementor. Elementor has a free version that has some limited features. However, the paid plans of Elementor come with all essential and advanced features. So let’s check the pricing plans of Elementor Pro.
- Essential— The essential plan of Elementor costs $59 yearly for a single website license.
- Advanced— The advanced plan of Elementor costs $99 yearly for 3 website licenses.
- Expert— The expert plan of Elementor costs $199 yearly for 25 website licenses.
- Agency— The agency plan of Elementor costs $399 yearly for 1000 pro website licenses.
Check out Elementor Pro at a budget-friendly price with our Elementor Pro Expert.
Did you know? You can get a discount up to across Elementor plans during Black Friday
Elementor Hosting Plans
Elementor also offers WordPress hosting plans that come with managed WordPress hosting, Elementor Pro Builder, premium support, and theme. Here is a brief overview of all the plans:
- Basic — The basic plan costs $9.99/month or $119.88 for the first year, and after that, the pricing will be $14.99 /month or $180/year.
- Business — The business plan costs $19.99/month or $239.88 for the first year, and after that, the pricing will be $24.99/month or $300/year.
- Grow — The grow plan costs $22.99/month or $275.88 for the first year, and after that, the pricing will be $32.99/month or $396/year.
- Scale — The scale plan costs $59.99/month or $599.88 for the first year, and after that, the pricing will be $59.99/month or $720/year.
Which one is affordable and value for money?
After reviewing the pricing plans of Beaver Builder and Elementor, it’s evident- Elementor is the clear winner. No doubt, Elementor Pro comes with more robust design features compared to Beaver Builder. What’s more, the Elementor editing interface is easy and straightforward, which makes it super easy to create stunning websites on the go.
The Final Verdict: Which One to Choose In 2023?
Elementor and Beaver Builder are the two reliable WordPress page builders available out there. Now the question comes down to this — which one to choose?
The straightforward answer to this is — Elementor Pro is the best choice to curate stunning designs with WordPress. Some of the standalone features come with Elementor Pro only.
- Elementor Pro comes with a robust popup builder.
- Elementor Pro has a massive library of ready templates and blocks.
- The support and community of Elementor is much better compared to Beaver Builder.
- The base plan of Elementor Pro starts at $59 yearly, which is quite affordable.
So these are the few standalone points why you should get started with Elementor Pro instead of Beaver Builder.
Now over to you — which one are you gonna choose? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.