Are you searching for a better alternative to Clearscope? We have prepared a handpicked list of the best Clearscope alternatives.
Let’s cut to the chase; Surfer SEO is the best Clearscope alternative because it offers features similar to Clearscope and focuses more on SEO aspects to help you achieve the desired rankings.
Note: If you don’t know everything about Clearscope, we suggest you look at our in-depth Clearscope review here.
Content Optimization is becoming a need in this digital era. It’s not about who creates the most content but about who creates high-quality content that solves the user’s search intent. Those days are gone when we used to stuff keywords in the posts and pray that they ranked on Google. It used to work back then, but it does not anymore.
That’s why we use tools like Clearscope. But not everyone will like Clearscope; that’s why we have brought you some of the best replacements for Clearscope in this Clearscope alternatives post. We have compared these tools based on their ease of use, features, pros & cons, and pricing.
Stick to the end to find out which tool is the best alternative to Clearscope. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into the list right away.
Top 10 Alternatives to Clearscope in 2024:
|$89 per month
|$44.99 per month
|Semrush Writing Assistant
|$119.95 per month
|$7200 per year
|$39 per month
|$99 per month
|Page Optimizer Pro
|$22 per month
|$39 per month
|$99 per month
|$48 per month
Here is our list of the ten best Clearscope alternatives that you can try.
1. Surfer SEO
Curious to know more about Surfer SEO? if so, then check our in-depth Surfer SEO review here.
Surfer SEO is the perfect alternative to Clearscope because most of the features of Surfer SEO are similar to Clearscope. Surfer SEO focuses more on on-page SEO aspects. You can add relevant internal links and keywords to your content using Surfer SEO. It creates complete guidelines based on your main keyword and suggests changes so that your post can rank higher on search engines.
With the content editor of Surfer SEO, you can create high-quality content without any hassle. Once you audit your existing post on the SERP Analyzer of Surfer SEO, it shows you all the relevant suggestions that you can implement in your post. You can also select the competitors manually and compare them with your post. You can also use this tool to conduct keyword research and find better keyword opportunities.
- Suggests how many times you need to include the main keyword in your content
- Powerful content audit feature
- The content editor integrates with Jasper AI to provide unique content
- Create a content strategy in a few minutes with the content planner
- Optimize your old content with the audit feature
- No content inventory feature
- Content outline generation is not good as Clearscope
- Provides limited data of competitors
Pricing: Surfer SEO offers three pricing options. The essential plan has monthly pricing of $89/mo and a $69/mo yearly pricing. The advanced plan has monthly pricing of $179/mo and a $149/mo yearly pricing. The max plan has monthly pricing of $299/mo and $249/mo yearly. They also offer a 7-day money-back guarantee, and you can get it extended up to 30 days.
Note: If you wanna get detailed insights into Frase, we suggest you check our detailed Frase Review here.
Frase is the rising star of the content optimization industry. They also offer SEO solutions that will still work even in 2030, and that is a bold statement. They offer unique tools such as content creation, content optimization, topic research, and content brief to back this statement. In the content optimization tool, you need to enter your content, and it will compare your content with the top 20 search results based on the keyword you selected.
It will give you a content score that you can quickly improve by implementing the suggestions you will get on content optimization. With its topic research tool, you can easily research a topic. It will show you how many headings, word count, questions, etc., you need to add in your content for the topic you’re researching for. The content brief can help you create a content outline for a keyword within a few seconds.
- Offers 7-day free trial access
- A lot cheaper than Clearscope
- Create content briefs for any keyword
- Get question suggestions to include in your content
- Optimize your heading tags
- The navigation of the tool is not good
- There is no writing assistant available
- Limited help & support from the support team
Pricing: Frase offers three pricing options. To get access to the basic plan, you have to pay $44.99/mo or $39.99/mo yearly. To get access to the team plan, you have to pay $114.99/mo or $99.99/mo yearly. For the enterprise plan, you need to contact their sales team. They also offer an SEO add-on for $35/mo.
3. Semrush Writing Assistant
Note: If you want more insights into Semrush, then check our detailed Semrush Review here.
Semrush is one of the best SEO tools available in the market, and they have created a writing assistant to help content creators and SEO editors alike. This tool is mainly known for its keyword analysis and in-depth keyword research. With this writing assistant, you can get instant suggestions to optimize your content in a better way. They analyze top-ranking competitors on Google, and based on that; they provide the best suggestions.
The Semrush Writing Assistant is a beneficial tool, but it doesn’t come cheap. To get your hands on this tool, you need to buy the complete package of Semrush. You can quickly check your content from the dashboard; all you need to do is copy-paste your content in the box. It can also instantly check the plagiarism, readability, and tone of voice of your content.
- Offers browser plugin so that you can use it directly on Google Docs
- Analyzes the content in real-time
- Get suggestions as you are writing the content
- Track which keywords you need to include in your content
- The UI looks a bit old.
- Content suggestions are basic in comparison to Clearscope
- It takes a lot of time to generate reports
Pricing: Semrush offers three pricing options. To get access to the pro plan, you have to pay $129.95/mo or $108.33/mo annually. To get access to the Guru plan, you have to pay $249.95/mo or $208.33/mo annually. To get access to the business plan, you have to pay $499.95/mo or $416.66/mo annually.
MarketMuse is also an excellent alternative to Clearscope, and this platform is best for large enterprises. The best part about this platform is that it can automate your content strategy with its AI’s help. You can create your content strategy from scratch using MarketMuse tools. All the features of this tool are similar to Clearscope’s. But its AI gives better results in a short time. The AI-generated content briefs are one of the best features of MarketMuse.
It analyzes top competitors and creates a content brief in a few minutes, which is a lot better than some of the tools mentioned in the list. With its detailed outline, you know precisely which headings, keywords, and summaries you need to cover in your content. It can also predict the success of your content. It gives you the relevant topic suggestions that you should be covering to get better rankings.
- Unique content briefs
- Reporting tools are a lot better than Clearscope
- Find out relevant internal linking opportunities
- Content Inventory
- Suggest better ways to rank your content
- It does not show the keyword volume in the keyword research feature
- Suggests irrelevant keywords sometimes
- Complicated workflows & expensive pricing
Pricing: There is a free plan available that can help you understand the capability of MarketMuse. Apart from that, MarketMuse offers two pricing options. To get access to the standard plan, you have to pay $7200/year. To get access to the premium plan, you have to pay $12,000/year.d
Dashword is another tool that offers similar features as Clearscope. Some of the best features of Dashword are content discovery, optimization features, and SERP reports. In the content editor of this tool, you can see all the relevant keyword suggestions on the left side, content grade on the top, and word count next to the content grade. You can create unique content that can easily rank on search engines using the editor.
You can do keyword research on this tool, but it does not show you the keyword volume and keyword difficulty, which is a kind of a bummer. But it is much easier to use than Clearscope. On this tool, you will get all the information you need for your content in one place, unlike Clearscope. You can also create content briefs with this tool, but it won’t be AI-generated.
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Get access to unlimited reports
- Affordable in comparison to Clearscope
- Sign up for free
- Content monitoring feature
- No separate keyword research tool
- No AI-generated content briefs
- Poor term quality
Pricing: Dashword offers three pricing options. To get access to the hobby plan, you have to pay $39/mo. To get access to the startup plan, you have to pay $99/mo. To get access to the business plan, you have to pay $249/mo.
Topic is one of the best alternatives to Clearscope because it can save you a lot of time that you usually spend on manual research. It provides you with NLP (Natural Language Processing) terms that you can include in your content. It speeds up the research process and helps you create unique content in less time. Research is one of the essential aspects you need to consider when creating a new piece of content.
You need to understand the search intent, analyze the top competitors, and cover the common questions people have been asking about the topic you’re about to write on. It can also create content briefs with the help of AI in a few minutes. With its content grader tool, you can determine which keyword opportunities you’re missing in your content. You can create outlines for your topics, cutting out the middle man.
- Create high-quality content
- Focuses more on solving the search intent
- Creates content briefs in minutes
- Optimize your content with the content grader tool
- Access to keyword research tool
- AI-generated headings can be irrelevant sometimes
- No content audit feature
- No technical SEO toolset
Pricing: Topic offers three pricing options. To get access to the starter plan, you have to pay $99/mo or $80/mo annually. To get access to the plus plan, you have to pay $199/mo or $160/mo annually. To get access to the premium plan, you have to pay $299/mo or $240/mo annually.
7. Page Optimizer Pro
If you want to get a competitive advantage over your competitors, then Page Optimizer Pro (POP) is the best option for you. This tool offers some fantastic features that can help bloggers and business owners alike. The content briefs feature of POP works similar to Clearscope. It sometimes provides a lot of data and pages to create content briefs which can be overwhelming for some people.
Based on its suggestions, you can make the necessary changes to your content in the content editor. POP is trusted by many famous brands such as Hubspot, SurveyMonkey, Springer, and Salesforce. You can optimize the on-page elements of your content using over 350+ methods which work really well with Google’s algorithm.
- Option to select specific competitors to run SERP audits
- The pricing works on a pay-as-you-go structure
- Target specific geographic locations
- You can design the ideal page structure for your posts
- Access to robust competitor analysis
- It does not show any internal and backlink opportunities
- The keyword research tool is limited
- Sometimes keyword suggestions can be irrelevant
Pricing: Page Optimizer Pro (POP) offers three single-user plans. To get access to the basic plan, you have to pay $22/mo. To get access to the premium plan, you have to pay $33/mo. To get access to the unlimited plan, you have to pay $44/mo or $429/year. They also offer agency plans for multiple-user access.
WriterZen is another good alternative to Clearscope. It is an AI content creation tool that can also be used to optimize the SEO of the existing content of your website. It can manage the complete content workflow for your website, from planning to optimizing the content. Just like Frase, WriterZen comes with an outline creation tool that can help you create outlines on topics within a few seconds.
It also comes with an AI writing tool that can help you create content within a few minutes; however, it’s not as good as Jasper AI. It also offers fewer word credits than Jasper AI for almost the same price. The content optimization feature of WriterZen is similar to Surfer SEO and Clearscope. It also offers a 7-day free trial to all its new users, and for the free trial, you don’t even have to give your credit card info.
- Topic discovery tool can help you find relevant topics for a keyword.
- The keyword explorer can help you save hours of manual keyword research.
- In the keyword insights, you can find all keyword clusters related to a keyword.
- The content creator tool works on AI GPT-3 algorithm.
- The plagiarism checker tool can check the plagiarism of any content.
- The results of the plagiarism checker tool are not as good as tools like Copyscape.
- The word credits are lower than any other AI writing software.
- Data provided by Clearscope is much more accurate than WriterZen.
Pricing: WriterZen offers 3 pricing plans. The pricing of the basic plan starts at $39/mo or $27/mo annually. The pricing of the standard plan starts at $59/mo or $41/mo annually. The pricing of the advanced plan starts at $99/mo or $69/mo annually.
9. Content Harmony
Content Harmony is another great alternative to Clearscope because it can help automate your content marketing workflow. To create a content brief, they analyze the content structure of competitors, and the search intent of the topic, find relevant links you should add to your content, and people also ask questions. After analyzing everything, they just compile all the data to create the content brief quickly.
Both Clearscope and Content Harmony help content writers to write better content. Clearscope only grades your content and gives you suggestions to improve the grade, whereas Content Harmony helps you throughout the complete content creation process. It not only grades the content but also creates content briefs and gives suggestions on how to optimize your content properly to get better results.
- Get detailed insights into the search intent of any topic.
- AI-driven topic modeling gives you keyword suggestions that you need to include in your content.
- Check the outlines of your competitors in a single dashboard.
- Understand the keyword difficulty with metrics like Link Difficulty, Content Difficulty, and Domain Difficulty.
- Get common questions suggestions that you need to cover in your content.
- The pricing for creating content briefs is expensive compared to other tools on this list.
- Not many tools are available for content optimization.
- There is no content auditing feature available to optimize existing content.
Pricing: There are two pricing options available on Content Harmony. The standard plan costs $99/mo or $1069/year and allows you to create 12 briefs/month. The pro plan costs $299/mo or $3229.20/year and allows you to create 50 briefs/month.
GrowthBar and Clearscope both provide solutions for digital marketing agencies, but their focuses differ. GrowthBar is an AI-powered SEO content creation and optimization platform. It aims to assist with automating and optimizing on-page content production through features like its AI blog writer, meta description generator, and on-page auditor.
In contrast, Clearscope is a more general agency client services automation platform. While it has some SEO functionality, Clearscope is broader content optimization software for tasks like creating content reports, content inventory pages, team collaboration, and more.
A key difference is that GrowthBar is purpose-built for SEO teams with tools tailored to content and on-page optimization. Clearscope covers the wider range of needs of digital agencies, including account management, project workflows, resource allocation, and team collaboration across varied services. GrowthBar integrates with SEO tools, while Clearscope brings projects, teams, and clients together in one workspace.
- Automates content production for SEO with AI writing and optimization tools
- Provides in-depth on-page SEO audits and optimization recommendations
- Integrates with other SEO tools like Semrush, Ahrefs, etc.
- Generates high-quality blog topics and outlines from seed keywords
- Helps manage and track SEO performance of clients/projects
- As an AI system, some content may lack naturalness and human touch
- Requires large keyword and content databases to produce comprehensive outputs
- Audit tool limited to technical on-page factors lacks qualitative content analysis
Pricing: GrowthBar offers three pricing options. The standard plan costs $48/month or $29/month, paid annually. The pro plan costs $99/month or $79/month, paid annually. The agency plan costs $199/month or $129/month, paid annually.
- Best Surfer SEO Alternatives
- Best Frase Alternatives
- Surfer SEO vs Page Optimizer Pro
- Best Plagiarism Checker
Conclusion: Best Clearscope Alternatives (2024)
So this is our list of the best Clearscope alternatives. Now the only question remains: Which one is right for you?
In our recommendation, Surfer SEO is the best alternative to Clearscope. Because it has affordable pricing, and you can see results quickly with this tool. Another good alternative is Frase. It can help you find the FAQs opportunities to cover in your content, so your content can get featured in the “People Also Ask For” section on Google.
We hope you can decide which tool is best for you with our list. Let us know your thoughts on these tools in the comment section below.