It’s been 6 years since Fortnite’s launch, and the game still holds a significant amount of userbase.
The creators have successfully retained a whooping 230 million monthly active players as of 2023, with over 500 million registered players to date.
It is predicted that the game has made over $26 billion in revenue in the span of 5 years (2017-2022).
With the stable number of MAUs, the future looks stable for the game, too. We have uncovered all the aspects of Fortnite in this post. Right from its user’s habits to the company’s financials. Let’s get into them shall we?
Fortnite Statistics 2023 (Top Picks)
- Fortnite has 500 million registered users, out of which 231 million are its monthly active users as of 2023.
- Fortnite has generated a revenue of over $26 billion to date. Out of this, over $6 billion in revenue came in 2022 alone.
- Fortnite has 55.7k concurrent viewers and 6.1k concurrent streams on Twitch as of September 2023.
- The United States has the most number of Fortnite players, accounting for 21.64% of the total player count.
- Fortnite players spend around 6 to 10 hours weekly on the platform on average.
- 62.7% of the Fortnite players are from the age group of 18 to 24.
- Around 90% of Fortnite players are male.
- 78% of Fortnite Players prefer to play the game on a console.
- Fortnite remains one of the top 10 games on Twitch in terms of viewership rates as of September 2023.
- Fortnite has one of the biggest servers on Discord in the gaming community, with over 958K members.
Fortnite In A Nutshell
|Launch Date||September 26th, 2017|
|Founder||Tim Sweeney (CEO and founder), Donald Mustard (CCO)|
|Parent company||Epic Games|
|HeadQuarter||Cary, North Carolina|
|Number of players||500 million|
|Number of Monthly Active Players||70 million|
Fortnite Statistics (In-Depth)
We will discuss the important Fortnite facts and figures in a detailed manner below:
How Many People Play Fortnite?
As per third-party sources, Fortnite has an average of 231 million monthly active players as of 2023.
The number of Fortnite peaked in August 2020 when the game had around 292 million monthly active players.
This mainly has to do with the covid-19 pandemic. Most of the world was under lockdown, and people were spending time online more than ever. Gaming was one of the ways to recreate sitting at home.
Let us take a look at Fortnite’s active player count over the years in this table:
|Time||Fortnite Monthly Active Players|
|August 30, 2023||237,524,910|
|July 30, 2023||239,199,305|
|June 30, 2023||242,989,948|
|May 30, 2023||234,546,282|
|April 30, 2023||233,068,627|
|March 30, 2023||237,360,837|
|February 28, 2023||235,865,450|
|January 30, 2023||252,600,145|
- Fortnite gets around 15 million daily active users.
Fortnite All-Time Player Count
Fortnite has 500 million
On Wednesday, March 22, Epic Games held a live stream introducing Unreal Editor. During this live stream, the game’s developers also revealed much interesting information on Fortnite’s user base, including the all-time player count.
The following table displays the registered users of Fortnite over the past years.
|Year||Fortnite All Time Registered Players|
Countries With Most Fortnite Players
- The United States has the highest player count in the Fortnite game. 21.64% of the Fortnite players are from the United States. Besides, Russia has the second-highest number of users of the Fortnite Platform.
The following table displays the Fortnite players in different countries of the world.
|Country||Percentage Of Players|
Source: Active Player
Fortnite Player Average Play Time
- Fortnite users spend a median time of 6 to 10 hours every week on the platform.
Source: Business of Apps.
- 70% of the Fortnite players in the United States play Fortnite for less than 10 hours a week. Besides, only 5% of the players said that they played more than 21 hours a week.
The following table displays the average number of hours spent by Fortnite players in a week on the platform.
|The Number Of Hours Per Week.||Percentage Of Fortnite Players|
|Less than 5 hours||36%|
|6 to 10 Hours||34%|
|11 to 15 Hours||17%|
|16 to 20 Hours||8%|
|21 Hours or More||5%|
Fortnite E-sports Stats
- In 2022, Fortnite had around $16.2 million in the cumulative tournament prize pool. While in 2020, it had more than $8.3 million in the prize pool.
The following table displays the Annual cumulative tournament prize pool worldwide over the past years.
|Year||Annual Cumulative Tournament Prize Pool|
Fortnite Revenue Statistics
Fortnite has generated a revenue of over $26 billion to date. The largest portion of this revenue (over $6 billion) is predicted to have come in 2022.
- Fortnite generated a revenue of $5.8 billion in 2021.
The following table displays the revenue generated by Fortnite over the past years.
|2022||Over $6 billion|
- Fortnite generated $1.1 billion in mobile revenue in the year 2020 before being removed from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
The following table displays the mobile revenue generated by Fortnite over the past years.
Source: business of apps.
Fortnite Players Demographics
- More than 60% of Fortnite players are aged between 18 to 24 years. Although many younger users lie about their age to get access to Fortnite, the percentage is calculated according to the DOB entered while registering as a user.
The following table displays the percentage of Fortnite users in different age groups.
|Age||Percentage Of Fortnite Users|
|18 to 24 years||62.7 %|
|25 to 34 years||22.5%|
|35 to 44 years||12.7%|
|45 to 54 years||2%|
|More than 55 years||0.1%|
- Almost 90% of Fortnite players are male. This large difference occurred since mobile games were banned.
The following table displays the percentage of Fortnite users according to their gender.
|Gender||Percentage Of Users|
Source: business of apps.
- Fortnite is the second most popular video game among Pre-teens. 26% of the preteens under the age of 13 play the game.
- 53% of Fortnite gamers are in the age group of 10 to 25 years.
Fortnite Usage By Device
- 78% of Fortnite players prefer to play the game on a console.
- Fortnite is available across various devices except for iOS. You can play Fortnite on Xbox, Play Station, Mac OS, and other PC devices.
- Moreover, Fortnite can run on four PlayStation units which include 4, 4 Pro, 4 Slim, 5, and on later versions as well.
Besides, it can run on four versions of the Xbox as well. They include one, One S, S all-digital edition and One Series X|S. Also, Fortnite is available on two Nintendo Switch models, that are Switch and Switch Lite. On the other hand, Fortnite is available on more than 30 android devices.
- PC and Mac are able to support all four Fortnite game modes.
- 46.8% of Fortnite’s overall revenue was generated from PlayStation 4 from March 2018 to July 2020. At the same time, Xbox One contributed towards the generation of 27.5% of the game’s revenue. Besides, the remaining 18.7% of revenue share was generated by Nintendo Switch, Android, and PC.
Source: Finance online.
The following table displays the availability of Fortnite on different platforms.
Source: active player.io.
- 46% of teenagers in the United States play Fortnite on smartphones, while 69% of teens play it on a console.
The following table displays the percentage of teen players that prefer different devices to play Fortnite.
|Device||Percentage Of Fortnite Players|
Fortnite Streaming Stats
- Fortnite users watched live streams for more than 320 million hours in 2023 so far.
The following table displays the hours of live streaming watched by Fortnite users over the past years.
|2023 (till September)||Over 320 million|
- Fortnite audience streamed 389 million hours in quarter 1 of the year 2021 across Twitch, YouTube Live gaming, Facebook gaming, etc.
- Four major live events took place on Fortnite.
More than 5 million concurrent viewers were recorded on the Fortnite Doomsday event across Twitch and YouTube in June 2020. Besides, the in-game event accumulated more than 11.8 million hours of viewership.
During Travis Scotts Fortnite music performance, more than 8.09 million cumulative hours were spent on live streaming by Fortnite users.
Furthermore, during Steve Aoki’s performance, people spent 7.7 million hours live streaming.
On the other hand, DJ Diplo drew the attention of live viewers for 6.01 million hours.
The following table displays the Fortnite events streaming hours in the year 2020.
|Event||Date||Total Hours Streamed|
|Doomsay 2020||June 5, 2020.||11.8 million|
|Travis Scott and Fortnite Present: Astronomical||May 9, 2020.||8.09 million|
|Fortnite Party Royale Steve Aoki||May 2, 2020.||7.7 million|
|Diplo Presents Higher Ground||Apr 23, 2020.||6.01 million|
Fortnite Global Player Spending Stats
- The Fortnite platform has a great place for microtransactions. 77% of the players reported that they have invested in at least one in-game purchase.
On the contrary, 21% of the players did not make any purchases on Fortnite and were successful in resisting the temptation.
The following table displays the Fortnite players that spent on in-game purchases.
|Money Spent On Fortnite||Percentage Of Fortnite Players.|
|players that spent money on Fortnite||77%|
|Players that did not spend money on Fortnite||21%|
|Did not prefer to say.||2%|
- In the year 2018, players spent an average of $84.67 on in-game purchases. Comparatively, in the year 2020, an average of $102.42 was spent by Fortnite players.
- Fortnite gamers in the United States reported that they had spent an average of $102. 42 in the year 2020. While the average spending of Fortnite players in the year 2018 was $84.67.
|Year||Average In-Game Spending By Fortnite Players.|
- 58.9% of the players spend 58.9% on outfits and characters. In contrast, 18.06% of players spend on Gliders.
The following table displays the categories on which Fortnite players spend the most.
|Category||Percentage Of Fortnite Players|
|Outfit and character||58.9%|
Fortnite Security Statistics
- One cyber security organization rated Fortnite 703/950 in terms of security.
Additionally, another company reported that they were able to detect 53,000 sams on Fortnite. Of those, 86% of the scams were generated from social media platforms, and 11% were from web domains. At the same time, 2% of them were from YouTube.
- Moreover, once Epic games launch a metaverse for Fortnite, more users will be exposed to more security issues.
Fortnite Battle Royale
68% of gamers worldwide play Battle Royale around the world. 89.8% of the players in China play Battle Royale.
The following table displays the percentage of Fortnite players from different countries that play Battle Royale.
|Country.||Percentage Of Battle Royale Players.|
Source: Exploding Topics.
- 35% of the battle royal gamers reported that they exclusively play Fortnite. Besides the other, 40% reported that they play both Fortnite and PUBG.
- Battle royal gamers who choose both titles are reported to be esports fans who usually watch plenty of live streams of the games.
The following table displays the percentage of Battle Royale gamers on different platforms.
|Platform||Percentage Of Players|
|Both Fortnite and PUBG.||40%|
Fortnite On Twitch
- Fortnite ranks 10th on Twitch in terms of most-watched games as of 2023.
- Fortnite has 55.7k concurrent viewers and 6.1k concurrent streams on Twitch as of September 2023.
The following table displays the average number of concurrent Fortnite viewers on Twitch over the past few months.
|Month||Average Concurrent Fortnite Viewers On Twitch.|
Who Are The Top Players Of Fortnite As Of 2023?
- Thomas Høxbro Davidsen is the top player of Fortnite as of 2023.
|Rank||Player ID||Player Name|
|1||Th0masHD||Thomas Høxbro Davidsen|
|8||rezon ay||Lennard Sill|
Source: esports earning
Epic Games Statistics
Epic Games own Fortnite. Here are some interesting stat associated with them:
- The Epic Game store has more than 180 million users from around the globe.
- 31.3 million users daily access the Epic games store.
- The number of games available on the Epic Game store is approximately 917.
- The Epic Games Store has around 471 titles.
- $6.27 billion is the estimated revenue generated by Epic Games.
- Annual spending on the players on Epic Games store from PC is reported to be $840 million.
Fortnite Trends 2023
Let us take a look at some of the trends that we may see in the year 2023 on Fortnite.
Launch of Creative 2.0
The metaverse is expected to arrive in Fortnite through Creative 2.0. It will integrate many exciting tools and a game creation module within Fortnite. This mode will reportedly be out in March 2023.
Nothing and the Lat reality on the island.
Seeing the plot twists in Season 4 of Fortnite, it is expected that the Nothing and the last reality may finally arrive on the island. This means loopers will need to battle them again.
Return of the Seven
Seven went missing in chapter 3 of season 4. However, recently Oathbound Quests hinted that they are in the other reality and in great danger. Hence, Amie went to rescue them by transferring her consciousness into a robotic body. So there’s a great chance that seven might return in 2023.
Family Guy collaborates with Fortnite.
The most speculated and awaited collaboration will soon arrive in Fortnite. Peter griffin and his family from the animated series family guy will enter Fortnite. Most fans are excited about this collab and have started to ponder the concepts.
After a long wait, Fortnite fans will finally get a tournament close to the infamous 2019 World Cup. In this tournament, all the players will have a fair chance to compete in it.
First-Person mode in Battle Royale.
The official mode enabling the first-person mode as the default view will launch soon, in the year 2023. The Fans have loved this mode; hence, Fortnite has worked to convert the glitch into the official mode.
New Weapons/ items
New weapons and items that will help make the gameplay more intense will soon arrive in 2023. These items will make the game more interesting and attract more players.
More live concerts and events
In the year 2023, Fortnite users will witness more live concerts and events. Players can male their concerts and live events in the creative mode this year.
Seeing more artists performing in the virtual Fortnite concerts would be interesting.
More movement mechanics will be added in Fortnite.
Players can expect new ways to move around Fortnite Island in the upcoming season. Moves like underwater diving mechanics, etc., can be seen.
Players may get a new map or an island this year. Additionally, several hints were spotted in the Kid Laroi live event, which indicates a launch of a new landing area for the players.
Conclusion: Fortnite Statistics (2023)
Fortnite is still relevant and interesting in 2023. Its popularity is partly due to its unique gameplay and regular evolution, with new content and features.
Looking to the future, it’s clear that Fortnite is here to stay. The game is constantly evolving and innovating, and it shows no signs of slowing down. With its large and passionate player base, Fortnite is sure to remain one of the most popular video games in the world for years to come.
If you have enjoyed reading the above article, you can check out our website for more updated articles and the latest facts and figures from the gaming scene.
It’s been six years since Fortnite was launched. The game came out on 26th September 2017.
Fortnite has registered a revenue of over $26 billion to date.
Fortnite has around 3 million players live at any given time.