Despite Kajabi being an all-in-one platform, there are various reasons why you might be searching for Kajabi alternatives.
Many users have complained about Kajabi being too expensive, whereas some complained about its limited customization abilities. No matter your reason for looking for an alternative to Kajabi, we have you covered!
Over the past few years, we have tried and tested various competitors to Kajabi and narrowed our list to the top nine alternatives to Kajabi.
In this article, we will walk you through various options to explore that provide similar or even better features than Kajabi. We have reviewed each platform based on various parameters, so you will be able to pick the right alternative by the end.
With that, let’s dive into the details!
Kajabi Alternatives: In A Nutshell
In a hurry to find the best Kajabi alternative? We have got you covered!
Read our quick table with a summary of our entire article to help you pick the right alternative below.
|Sr. No.||Kajabi Alternative||Pricing||The Bottom Line|
|1.||Teachable||$39/month||Overall best Kajabi alternative.|
|2.||Thinkific||$36/month||Excellent choice for professionals at a lower price.|
|3.||Podia||$33/month||All-in-one Kajabi alternative.|
|4.||FreshLearn||$29/month||Cheaper Kajabi alternative with exceptional features.|
|5.||Mighty Networks||$33/month||Best for communities.|
|6.||LearnDash||$199/year||Best LMS plugin for WordPress sites.|
|7.||Udemy||Free||Best online course marketplace for creating courses in any niche.|
|8.||SkillShare||Free||Great online course marketplace for launching creative courses.|
|9.||Ruzuku||$99/month||One of the easiest online course builders with restricted marketing features.|
There are plenty of Kajabi alternatives in the market, but our top nine picks come from our experience and days of research about each platform. Now that you have a quick summary let’s understand each platform in detail and determine which is the right pick according to your needs!
|Pros||Offers free online course hosting. |
Has a built-in payment gateway.
Comes with a free plan to get started.
Lets you create your own affiliate program.
Cheaper than Kajabi.
|Cons||The app is available only for iOS. |
Live chat is available only on the higher plans.
Keeps money for 45 days.
|Our Verdict||Best for creating online courses with advanced functionalities.|
Teachable is one of the most popular online course-creation platforms among instructors and teachers. The platform comes with a drag-and-drop interface with an integrated builder. You can create engaging courses from scratch and add quizzes, course certificates, coupons, and more.
Compared to Kajabi, it doesn’t allow you to sell digital products or membership/communities. However, it works as a practical alternative to Kajabi due to its exceptional customization options for your course creation.
Furthermore, you can make your course accessible by dividing your course into different chapters and sections. You also get a lot of marketing features inside, along with integrations. If you are just starting your course creation, you can use the free plan by Teachable. Once you are all set, you can upgrade to Kajabi for a better experience.
- Makes collaboration easier with an automatic payout based on user roles.
- In-built email marketing features to send personalized emails to your students.
- Analytics to give you a detailed insight into your course and audience.
- Integrates seamlessly with plenty of third-party tools to improve your course’s functionality.
- Excellent customer support with an in-depth resource center to assist you when you get stuck.
|Pros||Zero transaction fees. |
Cheaper to get started compared to Kajabi.
Customization for every aspect to match your brand.
Best-in-class support.Easier to set up and begin.
|Cons||Additional features are available only on the top-tier plans. |
Lacks marketing features.
|Our Verdict||Excellent course builder with feature-rich course creation builder.|
If you are looking for an all-in-one course creation platform to build, sell, and market your course, Thinkific is one of the best alternatives to Kajabi. The platform is packed with all the essential features you need to create your course. Additionally, you can manage your business -from creation to marketing from a single dashboard.
Thinkific’s course builder is highly feature-rich compared to Kajabi. You can divide your course into chapters to create polls, surveys, and more. Moreover, you can also build your website to promote your online courses and boost your brand’s presence online. What’s more about this excellent platform is that you get various automation tools for marketing.
Overall, you can create more than just an online course through Thinkific. You can also utilize its free plan to create your first course and upgrade to the premium version as your needs increase.
- Instant official course completion certificate once the student completes the course.
- Various content types for your course, including videos, surveys, quizzes, assignments, webinars, and more.
- Custom web themes and domains.
- Live lessons and events to keep your audience engaged.
- Easily offer memberships to earn recurring revenue.
|Pros||Instant payouts with zero waiting period. |
Zero transaction fees on paid plans.
Plenty of integrations for maximum functionality.
Video hosting is included in premium plans.
Easily create a custom website.
|Cons||No custom survey feature.|
You need to upgrade to the higher plan for accessing webinars and affiliate features.
|Our Verdict||If you want an all-in-one alternative to Kajabi, Podia is an excellent pick!|
Podia is another incredible Kajabi alternative to create your online course and sell global digital products. You can sell courses, events, memberships, downloads, communities, and more with Podia. There are no restrictions on the number of courses you can create and sell so you can kickstart your journey without any limits.
What’s another amazing feature of Podia is that it facilitates excellent video content. This means you can interact with your audience by pushing more video content on your platform. Furthermore, while Kajabi offers a 14-day free trial, and the basic version can be expensive, you can enjoy Podia’s free version to create your first course.
- Comes with a built-in website builder that lets you set up your site within 10 minutes with zero coding and designing skills.
- Choose your payment gateway at your own convenience.
- Multiple course types to choose from, including drip, bundles, cohort-based, and more.
- Exceptional branding and customization options to make your brand look how you want.
- 24/7 live chat support and detailed resource to get help whenever you need help.
|Pros||Drag and drop sales page builder. |
Zero transaction fees.
|Cons||Lacks integration options with third-party tools. |
Bulk email marketing feature is missing.
|Our Verdict||FreshLearn is a great choice for users who want to build complex courses and transform their digital business with the right platform.|
Compared to Kajabi, FreshLearn is a newly launched platform. Since it launched a few years back, the masterminds behind the platform studied the pros and cons of other online course builders and came up with an effective and powerful solution for users. With FreshLearn, you can offer multiple digital products, including memberships, courses, masterclasses, and more.
Furthermore, it includes all the necessary features one needs to create their course and go live! With this platform, you can control how you want to release your course. For instance, you can decide to release the entire course at once or choose to drip content. Moreover, it has a free plan that enables one-course creation and allows up to 25 students enrollment in your course. Once you have more students, you can upgrade to the paid plan.
- Comes with a website builder to take your business to the next level or even create a digital storefront.
- You can embed audio, quizzes, videos, documents, lives, and more in your course.
- Sales and marketing functionalities include landing pages, affiliate programs, coupons, etc.
- Analytics to give you detailed insights on how your course is performing.
- Outstanding customer support from the experts.
5. Mighty Networks
|Pros||App for iOS and Android. |
Website to get your business online.
Priority support on top-tier plans.
Organize your community around engaging chats.
Multiple course options to choose from.
|Cons||No free trial and charges transaction fees.|
You must upgrade to the top-tier plans for accessing course builder and analytics.
|Our Verdict||Mighty Networks is an excellent choice if you want to build a community and create a community-centric business.|
Mighty Networks is a dedicated community-based platform that allows you to create, modify, and monetize your content. Mighty Networks has an intuitive and beginner-friendly dashboard from which you can manage your courses, webinars, lives, memberships, and more.
Previously, the platform focused highly only on communities, but now you can blend the power of online courses with live streaming to give your students a fantastic experience. Compared to Kajabi, Mighty Networks lack plenty of marketing features. However, with mobile applications and community availability, you can drive higher engagement for your content. Lastly, you can pick your desired payment gateway method for easy payment collection.
- In-built live streaming option to go live whenever you want or teach your students through live videos.
- Branded spaces that you can monetize for members or keep free.
- Centric dashboard to manage everything from one place.
- Enables the creation of interactive and intuitive courses with videos, quizzes, Q&A, and more.
- Build interactive discussion boards by posting pictures, polls, videos, and more.
|Pros||Works with any theme without coding. |
Engagement features to keep your audience engaged and eager to learn.
Sophisticated marketing and sales options.
Free trial to build your course. 1
5 days money-back guarantee.
|Cons||You will need additional plugins for more features. |
Lacks live chat support.
|Our Verdict||It is cheaper than Kajabi if you want an LMS plugin with outstanding course creation functionalities.|
If you already have a WordPress website and want to turn it into a fully-fledged learning management system, LearnDash can be your best pick for a Kajabi alternative. Unlike Kajabi, LearnDash is a WordPress plugin that lets you create your online course, sell, and market it worldwide.
With LearnDash, you get complete control over how you sell your courses. You can choose to upsell offerings and payment options, watch your sales, and more. In addition, if you don’t want to go with the LearnDash plugin, you can opt for LearnDash Cloud, where you get a website with beautiful templates and customization tools to build your online courses.
However, it is vital to remember that LearnDash is an LMS plugin, so you will have to take care of all the aspects when managing and marketing your online course.
- Drag and drop online course builder with dynamic content delivery.
- Reward your students with badges, completion certificates, and course points.
- Integrates with popular payment gateways, including PayPal, 2Checkout, and Stripe.
- Easy management of your course from the admin panel.
- Extremely beginner-friendly and easy customization options to get started.
|Pros||Easy course creation for beginners. |
Divide your course into multiple lectures and include different content types.
Ability to include audio lectures.
Mobile application for Udemy.
|Cons||Getting students for your course can be challenging. |
Limits the creator’s freedom for their course.
|Our Verdict||Udemy can be the best solution for users who are looking for a platform to get started with their course creation journey for free.|
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced creator, you may be familiar with Udemy. While Udemy is popular among students to take various courses, it also provides an amazing opportunity for creators to launch their courses without stressing about their course marketing.
Unlike Kajabi, Udemy is a course marketplace where you can create your course for free. However, there are multiple terms and conditions, including your course should have at least five lessons in video form. Also, you need to submit your video to Udemy first before going live. Compared to Kajabi, Udemy gives you less freedom to style your course. But if you are looking for a free solution to get yourself in the market, Udemy is the best option.
- Comes with the mobile web version to make changes in your course.
- Create Q&A, quizzes, assignments, and text-based lectures for your students.
- Since you are listing your course on the marketplace, you can attract new customers.
- Various support materials and assistance to begin with course creation.
- Easily create your course without worrying about investing your money.
|Pros||Instant access to thousands of students globally. |
Intuitive dashboard to manage your course.
Easy to get started and create your course.
Free to use.
|Cons||Monetization for your courses can be difficult. |
Getting your course visible to the audience is yet another challenge.
|Our Verdict||While it is not similar to Kajabi, SkillShare can be a reasonable pick for beginners who want to launch their course through a marketplace instead of doing it independently.|
If you are new to online learning, you will be surprised to see how SkillShare has gained significant popularity among creators and entrepreneurs. It can be a good Kajabi alternative for creators to sell their online courses with excellent functionalities and automation tools. However, one thing to remember when using SkillShare is that it is leaner for people with a creative side. For instance, if you are a painter, podcaster, writer, etc., you can list your courses.
Like Udemy, it is a course marketplace, so you can create your course and let the platform take care of the marketing. While this can be excellent for people who want to attract a large audience, it can be challenging to get your course noticed due to higher competition on the platform.
- Comes with class planning templates to organize your ideas, classes, content, and more.
- Easy content uploading feature.
- You can create your engaging course with quizzes, assignments, Q&A, videos, presentations, and more.
- Top-notch support to help you from the beginning until the end!
- Give feedback to students and receive reviews on your course quickly.
|Pros||Beginner-friendly and minimal user interface. |
Zero transaction fees. Free trial.
Simple and powerful course management.
Friendly customer support for creators and students.
|Cons||Limited integrations. |
Lacks marketing and other prominent features for advanced courses.
|Our Verdict||Ruzuku is a good Kajabi alternative for beginners. However, it may not be the best choice for users who want to build a fully-fledged business.|
Last but not least on our list is Ruzuku. Consider this platform an underrated online course creation platform. Seeing how easy it makes for anyone to create and sell online courses, we couldn’t resist keeping this platform away from others!
With Ruzuku, you can choose from their pre-made course templates. These templates are designed in various niches and work as your assistant to create your courses. Of course, you can customize these templates as per your brand. On the other hand, you can create your own course from scratch without templates.
- Allows you to accept payments through Stipe, PayPal, or opt for your preferred payment gateway.
- Evergreen courses with drip content.
- Interactive options for students to respond or comment.
- Host and stream audio and videos easily.
- Excellent security options, including daily backups to keep your courses safe.
Final Thoughts: Kajabi Alternatives (2023)
With that, our list of top Kajabi alternatives comes to an end! While each platform has its USP, pros, and cons, choosing the right alternative comes down to individuals’ needs and budgets.
However, if you are still confused about which alternative to pick, here are our recommendations:
- Teachable, Thinkific, and Podia –if you are looking for an all-in-one platform.
- Ruzukuu –If you are just getting started with course creation.
- Udemy and SkillShare –if you want to go for a course marketplace.
Many of these Kajabi alternatives come with a free plan, so you can test the platform without worrying about losing a single penny. Furthermore, if you are looking for an alternative for specific reasons, ensure the platform you pick provides the same. For example, if you find Kajabi expensive, you may want to try various free options first before making your final pick!
No matter which platform you choose from our list, all of them will serve as excellent choices to kickstart your journey!
We hope this article helped you pick the best Kajabi alternative. Which alternative do you think is best? Let us know in the comments section below!
Various platforms are better or similar to Kajabi. Some of our top picks are Thinkific, Teachable, and Podia. You can count on these platforms as an all-in-one solution to cater to everyone’s needs.
Teachable, Thinkific, FreshLearn, and Podia offer excellent functionalities at comparatively lower prices than Kajabi.
FreshLearn, Podia, and Teachable come with a free plan to get started. You can build your first course with the free plan and upgrade to the premium plan as your needs increase over time.
Yes! Udemy provides free course creation for creators. You can sign up and launch your course for free. However, you have restricted control over your course and may not receive the expected sales and income from Udemy alone.