Social media scheduling can be tricky, I know. So if you’ve been looking for tools to help you with that – wait, I have something for you.
But while it sounds lucrative, the truth is, that generating leads from different social media platforms can become a messy task if your scheduling strategies are not pinpointed.
So if you want your social media activities to not go in vain, read this blog as I bring forth a list of the 16 best social media scheduling tools of 2022!
While curating this list, I exclusively considered three basic yet extremely crucial touchpoints – features, pricing, and ease of use – to ensure all of these tools work for all of you. So pay full attention!!
How To Choose The Right Social Media Scheduling Tool – 3 Tips
Before finally settling on a social media scheduling tool, here are some features you must ensure it possesses;
- Multi-platform capability: It’s always a good idea to go for a scheduling tool that specializes in planning content across multiple platforms. At least, for a start, I suggest you pick a tool that is compatible with major SoMe platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Simple Calendar: Trust me – while planning a plethora of content for so many social media platforms, the last thing you’d want is a content calendar that’s complex to navigate. So choose a tool with a simple content calendar that clearly shows what’s scheduled for when and everything in between.
- Collaboration features: Lastly, make sure the scheduling tool you pick is highly collaborative. Needless to say, this one feature will streamline the whole process for you and your team, making the task a lot less arduous.
Top 16 Social Media Scheduling Tools You Must Check Out
The wait is over! Here are the top 16 social media scheduling tools on my recommendation list. Check these out;
|Rank||Tool Name||Pricing||Our Rating|
Now, let’s talk about the features of all these tools, shall we?
|Ease of Use||4.9/5|
If you seek a tool that reaps results, Hootsuite is what you need. With an easy user interface, a range of professional tools and tactics to help your brand flourish digitally, and a customer service portal like none other – Hootsuite makes social media scheduling fast, simple, and most essentially, effective! Let’s take a look at its features.
- Calendar View shows all your scheduled content across different channels in a single place.
- Hootsuite Composer allows content creation at par with ongoing trends.
- A real-time view ensures better teamwork.
- Helps you curate and share relevant content through dashboard streams.
- Integrates with Proofpoint to ensure last-minute screening and analysis of content.
- Also helps in creating and managing paid social media ad campaigns.
Pricing: Hootsuite offers a 30-day free trial. Thereafter, its paid plans start from $49/month for 1 user.
|Ease of Use||4.8/5|
Coming in at #2 on my list, it’s Agorapulse. First off, this tool makes managing all those different social media activities so easy, it’s unreal! And it doesn’t end there. Agorapulse also makes sure your brand churns out the best ROI from social media through reports that reveal the accurate insights of every post. With many such features that make sense, this social media scheduling tool is a value for money.
- Lets you plan, create, optimize, and schedule all your social media content.
- You can collaborate with your team and give feedback by sharing calendar access.
- The Unified Social Inbox feature compiles and presents all your DMs and comments across all platforms in one place.
- Powerful social listening feature keeps you up with the trends and your competitor’s activities.
- The ROI feature automatically pulls data from Google Analytics to optimize your content seamlessly.
Pricing: Agorapulse offers a free forever plan. It also offers a 30-day free trial of its paid plans that start from $79/month.
|Ease of Use||4.7/5|
SocialBee is yet another scheduling tool you can use to take your social media content game up a notch. I’d exclusively suggest it to those looking for something within budget. It takes care of all your diverse content requirements and starts from just $19/month! So whether you want to schedule your post or analyze its success – with SocialBee, it’s just a matter of clicks.
- Organizes and schedules your content and posts them automatically.
- Lets you seamlessly collaborate with your social media team.
- Helps in customizing a piece of content for different social media platforms.
- Integrates with useful social media content creation tools like Canva and GIPHY.
- Tracks engagement, impressions, and reach of your content.
Pricing: SocialBee offers a free 14-day trial of its services that start from $19/month.
|Ease of Use||4.7/5|
CoSchedule is a fuss-free social media scheduling tool. Best known for its in-built products, CoSchedule does content planning, strategizing, and marketing – literally everything in one place. In fact, not just social media posts, this platform also manages and publishes blogs for your brand. Great, no?
- Easy to use and highly intuitive.
- Integrates with tools like HubSpot and WordPress for publishing blogs.
- The Marketing Calendar feature lets you organize and pre-schedule your social media posts.
- Provides reports and analytics of your posts and blogs.
- Monitors your activities on every social media platform.
Pricing: CoSchedule offers a free forever plan, and its paid plans start from $29/user/month.
|Ease of Use||4.2/5|
Another intuitive scheduling tool, it’s Buffer at number #5. What I like most about Buffer is that, unlike most other tools in this genre, Buffer doesn’t just start queuing your content. It first studies what kind of strategy works best for you and then starts all that scheduling and marketing. So well, Buffer is more than just a tool for post-scheduling – it’s your personal social media content assistant.
- Works for most social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Helps you do quick edits and customizations of your post to adapt to different channels.
- Real-time collaboration with the team is possible.
- Power Scheduler lets you schedule messages and comment replies in advance.
- Pablo Design Creator enables you to design images for every social media platform.
Pricing: Buffer is available for free. However, it also offers a 14-day free trial of its paid plans starting from $5/month/channel.
6. Sprout Social
|Ease of Use||4.4/5|
Sprout Social is another well-reckoned social media scheduling cum management tool. And its features explain why. Like Buffer, this tool also analyzes your audience’s preference first and then moves to the next steps. Moreover, the workflow approval technology makes the entire task a breeze. The only thing I find a little off about this tool is its pricing. Other than that, this one is a stunner.
- Effectively optimizes your social media content by understanding audience preference.
- Allows your team to collaborate, plan, create, and manage multiple social media campaigns.
- The Unified Inbox feature assembles all messages from different platforms together.
- Integrates with useful third-party tools like Slack, Google Analytics, Marketo, and more.
Pricing: Sprout Social grants a 30-day free trial of its features. Pricing plans start from $89/user/month.
|Ease of Use||4.4/5|
A social media scheduling tool tailor-made to cater to all your Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook content management needs, Tailwind is another fantastic option. Right from letting you create posts to helping you amplify your content’s reach – Tailwind lets you do it all. In fact, it also enables you to create your email marketing campaign from scratch.
- Create feature lets you easily design your posts from a range of templates.
- Allows you to create and schedule multiple posts at once.
- Comes with a hashtag tool that suggests relevant hashtags for better reach.
- Efficient scheduling feature plans your post to the time when your audience is most active.
- Offers analytics and insights to ensure you never go wrong with the content.
Pricing: Tailwind offers a free plan. Its paid plans start from $9.99/month.
|Ease of Use||4.2/5|
Don’t get fooled by the name – Missinglettr is actually a complete toolkit for scheduling and automating social media content. With a range of features like Drip Campaign and Automatic Repost – this social media scheduling tool takes the best care of your social presence. Not just this, it also works seamlessly across all major social media networks like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Easy to navigate and fully automated.
- The Drip Campaign feature breaks down campaigns and releases bits of content over time.
- Helps you curate the best content for increased reach.
- The Automatic Repost feature reposts your content from time to time.
- Consists of an image library to inspire your next post.
Pricing: Missinglettr is available for free. However, it also offers a 14-day free trial of its paid plans starting from $19/month.
|Ease of Use||4.6/5|
Loomly is a tool that will definitely ease up your collaboration with the social media team. Its fluent and straightforward content calendar and integrations with tools like Slack ensure you and your team always stay on top of any update or comment on any content. Not just that, this tool also has a library that hoards all your stock media and content assets in one place. Ease, all the way!
- Works across major platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and more.
- Loomly Studio helps in creating posts and ads for social media.
- Both automation and manual content publishing options are available.
- Post sponsoring feature is also available.
- Integrates with platforms like Microsoft Teams and Slack for undisrupted team collaboration.
Pricing: Loomly offers a 15-day free trial of its features starting from $26/month.
|Ease of Use||4.5/5|
If you don’t have a team for running your social media campaigns, NapoleonCat is the solution you need. A tool that automates every social media activity on every platform, NapoleonCat also presents accurate and in-depth reports that reveal your post’s performance. But the thing I especially love about this particular tool is that it’s seamlessly easy to use and get started with. So if you lack the knack for planning and scheduling, go for NapoleonCat.
- Easy to set up and use.
- From scheduling to communicating – this tool automates everything.
- The color-coded calendar feature organizes every aspect of content scheduling.
- The Social Inbox feature ensures improved social listening.
- Automated reports give in-depth insights into content reach and engagement.
Pricing: NapoleonCat offers a 14-day free trial of its features starting from $23.25/month.
|Ease of Use||4.6/5|
ContentCal boasts itself as one of those tools that make “social media simple”. And well, that’s precisely what it does. In fact, its recent association with Adobe has made the whole experience all the swifter. Now with ContentCal, you can’t just schedule posts but also create them from various of stunning templates. In fact, ContentCal also helps in improving a post’s reach by effectively filtering the aptest keyword for your content.
- Automates content publishing across major social media platforms.
- Helps in designing content from a range of pre-formatted templates.
- Comes with a pile of stock images from Adobe to inspire your next post.
- Ensures customer targeting by targeting the right keywords.
Pricing: ContentCal comes with a free plan. It also offers a 30-day free trial of its Premium plan available for $9.99/month.
12. Post Planner
|Ease of Use||4.5/5|
Just as the name suggests, Post Planner does all the social media post planning for you. In fact, this tool also curates top-quality content for all those times when you have nothing to post on your social media. Other than this, Post Planner’s content calendar and bulk upload features are worth mentioning. But all in all, there’s nothing really out of the box that this tool brings to the table. So go for this tool only if you want something that’s in-budget and basic.
- Categorizes posts by topic for easy retrieval and scheduling.
- Automates post publishing across all social media platforms.
- Recycles and repurposes old posts for constant engagement.
- Suggests post ideas so that you never run out of fresh content.
- Available in both web and mobile applications.
Pricing: Post Planner offers a 7-day free trial of its paid plans starting from $6/month.
|Ease of Use||3.9/5|
SocialPilot is not just a scheduling tool – it’s a complete social media marketing apparatus. Trusted by several brands, it offers content scheduling, publishing, and marketing features and generates accurate reports and statistics for every post. Best part? SocialPilot also lets you custom-design your posts and offers professional white-label solutions.
- Customizes your post to fit the needs of every social media platform.
- Generates custom reports for your posts and content across different platforms.
- Offers brilliant client and team collaboration
- Also offers white label solutions for custom branding.
Pricing: SocialPilot offers a 14-day free trial of its paid plans starting from $25.50/month.
|Ease of Use||4.0/5|
At number #14 on the list, I have MeetEdgar. This one is also a popular social media scheduling tool with a range of features that can help scale your brand digitally. For instance, MeetEdgar’s A/B test variations feature gives you a clear insight into what’s working and what’s not. However, the pricing is disappointing. Not only does this tool offer no free plan, but the paid plans are also pretty expensive.
- Automates all your social media campaigns and posts.
- Saves your created content for future use.
- Enables you to categorize content via a simple color-coding feature.
- Helps you smartly repurpose old content to generate more engagement.
Pricing: MeetEdgar’s pricing plans start from $24.91/month.
|Ease of Use||3.8/5|
Finally, the last social media scheduling tool on my list is Feedly. A remarkable tool available at an incredible price, Feedly does pretty much everything. In fact, it’s quite similar in use to MeetEdgar. However, Feedly also has a few cons that I can’t overlook. Firstly, the interface is super slow. To top that, its paid plans only consist of a few basic features – nothing to be labeled “premium”. And that’s quite a bummer.
- Automates activities of major social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Lets you plan, create, and schedule social media content.
- Generates analytics to optimize all your social media activities.
- Integrates with other platforms like Buffer and Sprout Social.
Pricing: Feedly offers a free plan. Its paid plans start from $6/month.
16. Zoho Social
|Ease Of Use||3.7/5|
If you are running a business or an agency and want to build a strong social presence, then Zoho Social can help you with that. With this platform, you can target the right audience with the right message at the right time. You can collaborate with your team, manage your social conversations, and monitor your brand here. With Zoho, you can manage your TikTok, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google My Business, and YouTube accounts.
- SmartQ feature lets you pick the best slots to schedule your social media posts.
- You can use its CRM integrations to generate leads from your social media handles.
- Manage the social media accounts of your clients and send them automated reports.
- Use the content calendar to visualize your content pipeline.
Pricing: Zoho Social comes with a free edition and a 15-day free trial on all of its plans. The standard plan costs $10/mo, the professional plan costs $30/mo, and the premium plan costs $40/mo.
Final Thoughts – What Should Be Your Go-to Scheduling Tool & Why?
In my opinion, two of the best social media scheduling tools that perfectly fit all the criteria that I listed above are Hootsuite and Agorapulse.
- Hootsuite has got terrific features for social media scheduling and is pretty easy to get started with – an absolute value for money!
- Agorapulse, on the other hand, also comes with an array of simple features that eases content scheduling and collaboration at a price that’s lucrative.
So well, my top 2 picks for the best social media scheduling tools for 2022 are Hootsuite and Agorapulse.
Some Common FAQs
Ans. A social media scheduling tool is a content planning and scheduling software for social media platforms.
Ans. Some essential features your social media scheduling tool must possess are multi-platform capabilities, an easy-to-use content calendar, intuitive collaboration features, etc.
Ans. Some of the most top-rated free social media scheduling tools include Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Loomly, and Buffer.
Ans. Hootsuite is a free social media scheduling tool you can use to pre-schedule and plan all your content.
Ans. Hootsuite is a freemium scheduling tool that offers both – a free plan and 4 paid plans.