Want to use an end-to-end solution to create your website but have confusion between Wix and Elementor? We have done an unbiased Wix vs Elementor Cloud comparison based on our personal experience with these platforms to clear this confusion.
So you don’t have to worry about purchasing hosting or installing WordPress on your website anymore. But choosing between Wix and Elementor can be a difficult task. To make it easy, we have compared Wix and Elementor based on their ease of use, features, how to get started with them, pricing, and so on.
Elementor Pro Discount Code 2022
Elementor is the better page builder between Wix and Elementor.🎯
Checkout Elementor’s official promotion page for discounts.🔥
So without wasting any time, let’s get into it.
Key Differences Between Wix vs Elementor
Here are the key differences between Wix vs Elementor:
- Wix is an all-in-one solution where you can manage your website from a single dashboard. Elementor is a page builder that integrates with WordPress, but with Elementor Cloud Website, you can manage your website from my Elementor dashboard.
- You don’t need to buy a hosting solution with Wix because it is a self-hosted solution. If you want to use only the Elementor plugin, then you need to buy a hosting solution for your website, but with Elementor Cloud Website, you get Google Cloud hosting included in the plan.
- Wix offers its complete template library even in the free plan, whereas, in the Elementor free version, you get limited access to the template library. You need to buy Elementor Pro to unlock the complete library.
- Using Wix, you can design your website and publish it on the web at zero cost. Even if you are using Elementor free version, you will still need to pay for hosting.
Wix vs Elementor: Overview
In this section, we will explain what Wix and Elementor are all about.
Wix is a cloud-based platform that lets you build your complete website without using any coding. Wix offers you unique features that let you create your dream website within a few clicks. They have a vast library of templates where you can choose a template that suits your website’s niche.
If you don’t want to use the templates, design your website using Wix editor from scratch. It is a visual drag and drop builder. With this editor, you can embed videos in the backgrounds, create scrolling backgrounds, and animation effects on your website. If you don’t want to do the manual work, then use Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) and let it build a personalized website for you.
If you want to know more about Elementor Pro then check our detailed Elementor Pro Review here.
Elementor is one of the best website builders because of its features and design capabilities. Elementor just launched the Elementor Cloud Website to give an all-in-one complete solution where you don’t have to worry about purchasing a hosting solution or manually installing WordPress on your website.
With Elementor Cloud Website, you get Google Cloud hosting, WordPress installation, all the Elementor Pro features, and access to My Elementor dashboard to manage everything from one place. If you don’t want to purchase Elementor Cloud Website, then you can get started with the free version of the Elementor plugin and install it on your WordPress website.
Wix vs Elementor: How To Get Started
In this section, we will explain how you can get started with Wix and Elementor.
Wix: How To Get Started
Follow these steps to start using Wix without any hassle.
Step #1: Visit the official website of Wix. Click on the “Get started” button to move forward to the sign-up page of Wix.
Step #2: If you have a Wix account, then log in to it or create a new account using your email address and fill in all the required information. Click on the signup button to finish creating an account.
Step #3: Answer a few personalized questions and then select between Wix Editor and Wix ADI. Choose a template from the template library and customize your website in the way you want.
After customizing your website, connect your website to a domain you already own or buy a new domain. You can use the CMS of Wix from the dashboard as well. If you want advanced features, then upgrade to a premium plan of Wix.
Elementor: How To Get Started
It is very easy to get started with the free version of Elementor. If you already have a WordPress website, then go to the plugin section and download the Elementor free plugin. Now login to your Elementor account if you have one or create a new account if you don’t. To get started with the Elementor Cloud website, you need to follow these steps.
Step #1: Go to the official website of Elementor. Click on the pricing section to see the Elementor Cloud Website pricing. Click on the Buy Now button.
Step #2: Now, create a new account on Elementor or log in to an existing account. Enter your billing information and credit card details and complete your purchase.
Step #3: Create your website using all the features of Elementor Pro and then connect to a custom domain for free or buy a new one. If you don’t have a domain, you can also use the Elementor subdomain. You will get Google Cloud Hosting, and WordPress will already be installed on your website.
So these are the three simple steps to get started with the Elementor Cloud Website.
Wix vs Elementor: Detailed Comparison
In this section, we will be comparing Wix and Elementor thoroughly.
Wix has a vast template library that includes over 800 templates. All of these templates are divided into different categories, and these categories are based on different niches. So you can choose a template based on your niche easily. All the templates available in the library are responsive and easily customizable. You can easily embed stock images in the templates to make them look more attractive.
Elementor also has a massive library of templates that includes over 300 templates. You can use only a few of them in the free version. To get access to the complete library, you need to purchase the Elementor Pro. All of these templates are easily customizable, and they support all browsers. All of these templates are mobile responsive as well.
Verdict: Wix offers more templates than Elementor. So there is a big chance that you’ll find the perfect template which suits your niche in the Wix template library.
Ease Of Use
Wix is designed in a way that even a beginner can build a website from scratch. Even if you don’t have coding knowledge still, you can design unique websites. If you don’t want to purchase hosting separately, then upgrade your Wix account with a premium package and get cloud hosting for your website. You can also transfer the design of your website to your existing domain.
The visual drag & drop builder of Elementor works really well with WordPress websites. You can take advantage of WordPress CMS and publish any type of content you want on your website. If you create your website through Elementor Cloud Website, then you don’t have to worry about buying a hosting service. The My Elementor dashboard gives you complete control of your website.
Verdict: Both Wix and Elementor are easy to understand and use. All the options are streamlined in a single dashboard, so you don’t have to wander anywhere else. So it is a tie when it comes to ease of use between Wix and Elementor.
Wix offers a built-in blogging platform where you can create any type of blog. They have also shown some of the blog examples on their website. If you want to build a website purely based on blogging niche, then you can select any one of the templates from the blog category. The blogging platform of Wix offers features like post scheduling, adding new posts, editing the existing ones, activating user comments, adding tags, etc.
Elementor does not offer a built-in blogging platform, but you can use Elementor on WordPress to edit and add posts. But you need to get a blog integration plugin on your WordPress website to use Elementor. There are many blog plugins such as JetPack, TrustPulse, SeedProd, Blog Designer, Smash Balloon, etc.
Verdict: To use Elementor for blogging, you need to follow a complicated process where you need to integrate your WordPress website with a blog creation plugin. But Wix offers a simple solution to fulfill all your blogging needs, so Wix is the clear winner of this one.
Wix offers integrations with some of the best third-party tools. You can integrate powerful apps directly from the App market of Wix. You can pick any one of the free or paid apps, depending on your requirements. It also offers a search box where you can look for the specific app you want to integrate on your website.
If you want to add unique functionality to your website, then you can use third-party integrations of WordPress. It will enhance the capability of Elementor on your website as well. With the Elementor plugin, you can visually customize your website and use widgets & blocks on your website to make it easily accessible to your visitors.
Verdict: Both Wix and Elementor work really well with third-party integrations, but Wix’s app market excels Elementor. Because it allows you to look for the integration of your choice.
Wix is a fantastic option to choose if you’re planning to create an ecommerce website. You can get the full ecommerce functionalities with Wix premium plans. The minimum plan, which offers all the tools to sell online, costs only $23/month. But their tools are not as good as Shopify. Wix ecommerce is best for those who want to sell products on their website on a smaller scale.
To use the ecommerce functionality on your WordPress website, you need to integrate WooCommerce with Elementor. You can build amazing product layouts with Elementor WooCommerce modules. These modules let you edit your ecommerce website with Elementor so that you will have complete control over your products.
Verdict: Wix is a really simple option for an ecommerce website because all the tools are available on the Wix dashboard. Elementor’s WooCommerce integration gives you more features to work with, so it is clearly a better option than Wix.
Both Wix and Elementor are excellent for SEO. Most of the ranking websites on Google for competitive keywords are usually designed using Wix or Elementor. Website owners who used Wix or Elementor to build their websites are getting millions of traffic on their websites for highly competitive keywords.
Verdict: If you want your website to rank higher on search engines, then you can choose Wix or Elementor; it does not really matter. All that matters is that your website is designed in a way that your visitors like.
If you’re creating a website using Wix, then you will get a Wix subdomain free of cost. They also offer you to connect your website with a domain you already own for free. You can use the Wix subdomain for as long as you want.
Previously Elementor was not offering a subdomain similar to Wix because it was not an end-to-end solution. But because of the recent launch of the Elementor Cloud website, you can get access to a subdomain under elementor. cloud. You can also connect to your custom domain for free on Elementor.
Verdict: Both Wix and Elementor offer subdomains for free, so it is a tie when it comes to domains.
Wix vs Elementor: Pros & Cons
Here are the benefits & drawbacks of using Wix and Elementor.
- It is an all-in-one solution that has a really easy-to-use interface.
- You don’t need to worry about technical stuff with Wix.
- Wix has a quick-to-respond customer support team.
- Wix has a huge template library than Elementor.
- It is easy to set up websites on Wix.
- After choosing a website design, you can not change it.
- It doesn’t give you complete control of your website.
- Elementor blocks are easy to find and easy to use on your website.
- You can create professional-looking websites with Elementor within a few minutes.
- It allows you to design your websites for Desktop, Mobile, and Tablet devices.
- Elementor works really well on all WordPress themes.
- With the Elementor Cloud website, you get hosting services for your website.
- Elementor sometimes freezes, which can be a bummer at times.
- Elementor needs to work on its response team for customer support.
Wix vs Elementor: Pricing Comparison
In this section, we will be comparing both Wix and Elementor based on their pricing plans.
Wix Pricing Plans
Wix offers two types of pricing options, and they are:
You get four options in the website plans of Wix, and they are:
1. Combo Plan: The combo plan starts at $14/mo and gives you a free domain for one year. You also get 3GB of storage space, a free SSL certificate, a custom domain connection, and more.
2. Unlimited Plan: The unlimited plan starts at $18/mo and includes all the combo plan features. You also get 10 GB of storage space, $300 ad vouchers, one year of access to the site booster app, and more.
3. Pro Plan: The pro plan starts at $23/mo and includes all the unlimited plan features. You also get 20GB of storage space, a professional logo for your website, social media logo files, and more.
4. VIP Plan: The VIP plan starts at $39/mo and includes all the pro plan features. You also get 35 GB of storage space, priority customer support, and more.
Ecommerce and Business Plans
You get three options in the business & ecommerce plans, and they are:
1. Business Basic: The business basic plan starts at $23/month and gives you 20 GB of storage space, secure online payments, custom domain connection, and more.
2. Business Unlimited: The business unlimited plan starts at $27/month and includes all the business basic plan features. You also get 35 GB of storage space, the best customer support, and more.
3. Business VIP: The business VIP plan starts at $49/month and includes all the business unlimited plan features. You also get 50 GB of storage space, priority customer support, and more.
If you want a custom enterprise plan, then you can contact Wix customer support. Their enterprise plan starts at $500/mo. If you think Wix is the right choice for you then save a few bucks on the purchase of a Wix subscription with our exclusive Wix Promo Codes here.
Elementor Pricing Plans
There are two types of pricing plans available on Elementor as well, and they are:
Elementor Pro Plugin
You get four options on Elementor pro plugin pricing, and they are:
1. Essential Plan: The cost of the essential plan is $49/year, and it gives you all the Elementor pro features for one website. You also get website kits and premium support.
2. Expert Plan: The cost of the expert plan is $199/year, and it gives you all the Elementor pro features for 25 websites. You also all essential plan features and Elementor expert profile.
3. Studio Plan: The cost of the studio plan is $499/year, and it gives you all the Elementor pro features for 100 websites. You also get all expert plan features and VIP customer support.
4. Agency Plan: The cost of the agency plan is $999/year, and it gives you all the Elementor pro features for 1000 websites. You also get all studio plan features and more.
Elementor Cloud Website
The pricing of the Elementor cloud website is $99/year, and you get to use all the features of Elementor for one website. You also get hosting service from the Google Cloud platform, 100k monthly visits, automatic backups every 24 hours, 20 GB of storage space, SSL certificate by Cloudfare, and more.
Verdict: Both Wix and Elementor offer free versions, which give you limited access to their features. But the pricing of the Elementor Cloud Website is much more affordable than Wix’s website plans. So Elementor is the clear winner of this round.
Which One Should You Use, Wix or Elementor?
Wix and Elementor are both great website builders. But choosing one over the other can be a difficult task. That’s why we are here to help you decide which one you should use.
Choose Wix If:
If you are looking for a website builder to help you create your website with ease, then you should go with Wix. You will not get the flexibility and the features that you will get on WordPress. But Wix’s ADI editor can create your website with just you entering the description for the website and letting the editor do all the manual work for you.
Choose Elementor If:
If you want a website with complete flexibility, then you should create your website on WordPress using Elementor as your website builder. The only downside to Elementor is its dependency on WordPress, but it is also one of its strengths. Because with WordPress plugins, you can easily enhance the capabilities of your website.
More Elementor Comparison:
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Choose?
So this is our in-depth comparison of Wix and Elementor. Now the only question remains: Which one should you choose?
Before the Elementor Cloud Website launch, Wix was the clear choice when it came to getting an end-to-end solution. Now Elementor is also a viable choice because they have also started to give end-to-end solutions to the user. With the Elementor plugin, you can design a beautiful website as well. So we recommend that you should go with Elementor. Now it is up to you to choose.
We hope you can decide for yourself with this Wix vs Elementor comparison. In the comment section below, let us know your thoughts on these website builders.