Confused about which WordPress Blog themes to choose from? No wonder, as there are over 10,000 WordPress themes available today. Finding the right WordPress themes or WordPress templates is a daunting task. Let me simplify the process by offering a comprehensive list of the best WordPress themes in 2023.
But first, let’s tackle a critical question;
Which one to choose, free or paid WordPress Themes?
Indeed, we are always drawn to everything that reads ‘Free.’ But Free WordPress themes have limitations that could prove detrimental to your online endeavor. And my goal is to offer you a reliable WordPress template that will continue to work seamlessly for years.
That’s why the WordPress themes I have chosen are exclusively premium. You see, Premium WordPress themes receive regular updates that boost their features and functionality and neutralize any security concerns. Besides, premium themes offer excellent support that is imperative for an internet project.
On top of that, most premium themes include a free version to test them before going for the paid template. You can even create child themes for additional functionality. Outstanding right? Let’s then have a quick overview of the best WordPress themes before exploring them in more detail.
Best WordPress Blog Themes: At a Glance (2023)
|1.||Divi||$89 for the yearly plan.$249 as a one-time fee for lifetime access.||4.7/5|
|2.||Enfold||$59 for a regular license + 17.63 for 12 month extension.||4.6/5|
|3.||Kadence||Essential Bundle costs $129.The full Bundle costs $199.The lifetime Full Bundle costs $699.||4.6/5|
|4.||Neve||Personal plans cost $69/per year. The business plan costs 149/year. The agency plan costs $259/per year||4.7/5|
|5.||Astra||Pro Bundle – $47/year essential Bundle – $137/year growth Bundle – $187/year||4.6/5|
|6.||BeTheme||A regular license costs $59.An extended license costs $2950.||4.5/5|
|7.||Flatsome||A regular license costs $59.An extended license costs $2950.||4.5/5|
|8.||Generate Press||The yearly plan costs $59.Lifetime costs $249.||4.6/5|
|9.||OceanWP||The pro version starts from $43/year, and a lifetime license costs $178||4.5/5|
WordPress Theme Recommendation for Beginners & Non-Programmers
I don’t think there’s any better theme than Divi for non-programmers or beginners. If it’s your first encounter with WordPress, go with Divi themes; you won’t regret it. It’s simple and user-friendly. Besides, it offers a range of templates, designs, styles, and customization options. Also, you don’t need any technical understanding of CSS or HTML.
WordPress Theme Recommendation for Programmers and Experienced WordPress Developers
If you are comfortable with coding technicalities and have a clear overview of your website’s design, you can choose a block-based or theme with a page builder. For a block-based theme, I will recommend Kadence. However, Astra or Neve will be best if you wish to utilize a page builder.
Top 9 WordPress Blog Themes In 2023
Here are some of the best WordPress blog themes you can use on your website.
I will begin my list with the Divi theme, a simple and beginner-friendly WordPress theme that is easy to set up and offers a modern design.
You can set up almost any type of website with a Divi theme. Besides, it includes both page builder and theme builder. Therefore you have complete control over your website’s design and features. Additionally, the theme offers hundreds of ready-made templates to set up your website within minutes.
Divi Theme Key Features
- Advanced Visual Builder that allows you to experience the changes you input into your website visually.
- Powerful Design Editor expertly curates your website step by step. You can quickly build a visually appealing, flexible and eye-catchy website from the ground up.
- Seamless Customization to touch up almost any part of your website. Font, text, style, appearance and more; you can tweak almost every aspect of your website.
- No Code design with 200+ content elements, over 2000 layouts and countless integrations.
- Ecommerce ready template allows you to integrate woo-commerce and start selling online easily.
- Unlimited websites with a single license. You pay once and enjoy unlimited website installations. Serve your clients, power your agency or go freelancing; the opportunities are limitless.
- Two intuitive plugins, Bloom and Monarch. The former is an email opt-in plugin, while the latter is a powerful social sharing plugin.
Divi Theme Price
$89 if you choose the yearly plan & $249 as a one-time fee for lifetime access.
Enfold is another massively downloaded WordPress theme. It’s beginner friendly and emphasizes simplicity. One particular thing I loved about Enfold is the Avia Layout Builder.
It offers you powerful features to let your creativity roll freely. Enfold also includes a page builder that is not too overloaded, and using it is a breeze even for WordPress neophytes.
Key Features of Enfold Theme
- Numerous options to create a modern chic design with advanced animation, movement features and element positioning.
- Seamless Integration with Woo-commerce and WPML for e-commerce store setup.
- Intuitive Page Builder that offers drag and drops feature for live website designing.
- No cookie plugins are needed with Enfold Theme.
- PSD templates are included with the purchase of Enfold theme license.
Enfold Theme Price
Enfold theme has a price tag of $59 for a regular license that lasts six months. To extend the license period for 12 months, you have to pay $17.63 extra.
The extended license of Enfold theme costs about $2799 and is valid for six months, including full support from the Kriesi team.
One particular theme that I stumbled upon during my research for best WordPress themes is Kadence. A simple, no-frill theme and block editor combo are suitable for WordPress pros who expect complete control over the design process.
Besides, Kadence relies on WordPress itself for building a website. No additional page builder is required. The Kadence Block Builder Plugin turns the WordPress Gutenberg editor into a full-fledged page builder.
Key Features of Kadence Theme
- Enhanced Accessibility with WCAG 2.0 standards, Aria labels, and Focus controls.
- Pre-Built Menu design to tweak your website’s design as much as possible with complete control over color and fonts
- Pro Strater Templates, a collection of professionally designed templates included in the Essential Bundle.
- Kadence Plugin to transform the WordPress Gutenberg editor into a high-functioning Page Builder.
Kadence Theme Price
- Kadence offers a free Starter bundle with Kadence theme, blocks and template.
- The Essential Bundle costs $129 for the first year and renews at $149 annually. You also receive a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- The Kadence Full Bundle costs $199 for the first year and renews at $219/per year.
- The Kadence lifetime full bundle comes with the price of $699, which you only have to pay once.
Just like Kadence, Neve follows a similar philosophy – be devoid of unnecessary frills and offer users blazing fast loading speed. Many top-rated WordPress websites are bloated with complex features that make them sluggish and massively downgrade user experience. Not Neve, though! With features like Gutenberg block and an integrated WordPress customizer, Neve offers ultra realistic speed and presents itself as a solid alternative to any multi-purpose theme with a page builder.
Key Features of Neve Theme
- No jQuery or bloated code to offer ultra-fast speed. The page loading speed in a standard installation comes to a mere 0.6 seconds.
- Easy Integration with page builders like elementor, Beaver Builder, Site Origin, Visual composer, Brizy and more.
- Neve Strater Theme Library to import a fully built website in a jiffy and launch your internet project within hours.
- 80+ ready-made pages to customize the look and feel of your website and make it search-engine friendly.
- Custom header and footer design options completely revolutionize your website’s design and make the navigation super smooth.
- Mobile-first approach to cater to the ever-growing mobile audience with AMP support.
Neve Theme Price
- There’s a Free plan that allows you to test the features of the Neve theme.
- Personal plans cost $69/year with unlimited site usage.
- The business plan costs 149/year and includes extra 110+ Starter Site Templates.
- The agency plan has a $259/year price tag and includes Neve Cloud access.
Astra theme rose to prominence within a short interval. Today, Astra powers around 1.25 million websites. Its insanely impressive growth is due to its modern chic design and lightweight build. Astra is fast, no doubt, but the designs are also super impressive. The website looks clutter-free, loads fast and is completely responsive.
Besides, the Astra theme is entirely jQuery-free, which makes us super lightweight and fast. With the Astra theme, you can achieve a loading time of around half a second.
Key Features of Astra Theme
- High Performance with no jQuery to hinder the working, in addition to being extra lightweight (50kb) and containing optimized code.
- Custom design options like layouts, mobile headers, dedicated sidebar, colors & typography etc.
- 180+ Premium Pre-build websites for easy Customization with elementor and the Beaver Builder.
- Support custom site layouts that include, Boxed, Padded, Full width, Fluid Layout etc.
- Easy Integration with LearnDash, Schema and LifterLMS.
Astra Theme Price
Astra offers a free version that is complete in itself and is sufficient for WordPress novices.
The paid plans are Pro, Essential and Growth Bundle and cost $47/year, $137/year and $187/year, respectively.
If you have a creative side, BeTheme will be the best match for you. It’s notorious for its creative layouts and stands apart from other WordPress themes in this regard. You can find around 600+ ready-made demo layouts to pick for your website.
If you are an elementor page builder fan, you will love the theme more because many of its unique layouts are built via elementor page builder. Additionally, BeTheme also includes its proprietary muffin builder.
Key Features of BeTheme
- Multiple Header and Footer options to instil individuality in your website and make the design unique.
- Simple installation wizard to support novices. Your site will be up and running within minutes.
- BeBuilder Blocks to curate your website within a short interval seamlessly.
- Unlimited Layout customization to create countless pages with a unique appearance.
- Full RTL support to cater to international audiences adopting the script and layout type of the country’s language.
- Child Themes are included, so you don’t have to build one yourself. Just install a child theme and let loose your creativity to design something extraordinary.
BeTheme’s regular license costs around $59, while for the extended license, you have to shed around $2950.
If you are into e-commerce or wish to enter the market, the Flatsome theme is the most suitable. Flatsome is exceptionally cut out for woo-commerce. You can easily create a stunning online shop with mesmerizing designs.
However, the theme is not only suitable for online shops, but you can also build an excellent company or portfolio website with Flatsome.
Key Features of Flatsome Theme
- Responsive design that effortlessly adapts to screen size.
- Unique drag-and-drop page builder for easy website design and witnessing live changes.
- Live theme customizer to let you manage design in real time.
- Regularly updated to add new features and boost functionality.
Flatsome Theme Price
Flatsome themes sell via theme forest. A regular license costs $59, with an additional $17.63 for twelve-month support. And the extended license has a price of $2950.
If your focus is on speed and SEO, consider GeneratePress – a lightweight freemium theme that offers a sleek design and beginner-friendly setup options.
The best thing about GeneratePress is that it is compatible with almost all page builders. Additionally, the theme already includes schema.org-related microdata to enhance your SEO efforts.
Key Features of GeneratePress
- Extensive GeneratePress Site Library that contains countless stylish and intuitive templates.
- Integrated WordPress Customizer for visual editing and designing the website.
- Free Generate Press Block Plugin to implement Page Builder functionality directly into the Gutenberg editor.
- Unique Hook System to integrate anything anywhere in the theme to boost design and functionality.
Price of GeneratePress Theme
The yearly plan costs $59, while the Generate Press lifetime plan has a price of $249.
OceanWP is a WordPress theme that you can use for multiple purposes like eCommerce stores, blogs, and portfolio websites. It uses a full-width image in the header of the homepage, so you can use it to feature a single product or highlight any story.
This theme also works with famous page builder plugins like Elementor, Divi Builder, Thrive Architect, Brizy, and Beaver Builder. There are many homepage options available in this theme, so you can easily choose a homepage that fits your website.
Key Features of OcenWP
- No coding is needed to design your website the way you want.
- Global site layouts help you keep the same layout for every page of your website.
- Visibility control feature allows you to set up on which devices your page title will show and on which it wouldn’t.
- Different editing settings for mobile and tablet devices.
- Page layout settings through which you can change the layout of your website for different devices.
- Elementor sections library with OceanWP pro.
There are three pricing options available OcenWP pro version. The personal plan costs $43/year or $178 once for three websites. The business plan costs $71/year or $285 once for six websites. The agency plan costs $127/year or $509 once for 50 websites.
Points to Remember When Choosing a WordPress Blog Theme
I have sifted through hundreds of themes to offer my visitors the best possible option depending on their needs. I think certain criteria are critical to look for before choosing a WordPress theme. I have listed them below;
People use all kinds of devices ( tablets, mobile, PCs, laptops) to access the web. Therefore, your website must have a responsive design that adapts to the screen size and still look elegant. I have chosen themes that have entirely responsive designs.
2. Cross Browser Compatibility
Just like devices, people use all sorts of browsers to access your website. The themes included here have 100% cross-browser compatibility. Therefore, no matter the browser, your website always looks flawless.
Indeed setting up a website should be as simple as it can be. Otherwise, you will spend all your time getting your website design right. Therefore simplicity of design is also an essential criterion to look for in a WordPress theme.
4. Search Engine Friendliness
What good will your website be if it doesn’t appear in search results? The premium themes included here are all search-engine friendly. Besides, customization options let you optimize your website further for search engines.
Reviews offer valuable insights into a product. The same is true for WordPress themes. Before jumping to a conclusion, always check what others say about that particular WordPress theme.
Support is essential to resolve errors that might impede your website’s functioning speedily. Thankfully, paid themes offer premium support whenever needed.
Conclusion: Best WordPress Blog Themes
WordPress is all about themes. Your website’s look, speed, responsiveness, etc., depends on your theme. Therefore it’s imperative to choose a top-rated WordPress theme. I recommend using the Divi theme for super easy implementation and no-code-needed functionality. Additionally, you can also choose Neve or Kadence for more customization options and better speed. However, a little know-how of coding will be required.