Google launched Google Bard just 3 months after ChatGPT’s launch.
However, Bard failed in its first attempt. But, it came back as a strong competitor in the upcoming months. Today Bard is trying to provide cut-to-cut competition to ChatGPT.
Want to get your hands on some interesting facts and figures related to Google Bard?
I have compiled the latest statistics on Google Bard after going through extensive research on the chatbot.
Get details about Google Bard’s working here.
Google Bard Statistics: At a Glance
- The number of Google Bard users is expected to cross 1 billion by the end of 2023.
- The number of monthly visitors on Bard has already crossed 140.6 million.
- Users from over 230 countries and territories can access the Google Bard chatbot.
- Google Bard is now available in more than 43 languages, including Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Hindi, Spanish.
- 60% of the Google Bard users are male, and 40% of the users are female.
- 35% of Google Bard users belong to 25 to 34 year age group. The next age group with the highest share of Google Bard users is 18 to 24.
- The highest traffic (37.24%) on Google Bard is recorded from the United States. The chatbot receives the second-highest traffic from India.
- The estimated costs to run each search query of Bard are recorded to be $0.006 to $0.031, according to the calculations and estimates made.
- Over 76% of the traffic on Google Bard is recorded as direct traffic. At the same time, 16.77% is organic traffic.
Google Bard: Overview
|Launched on||March 21, 2023.|
|Founded on||February 8, 2023.|
|Parent Company||Google (Alphabet Inc.)|
|Monthly Visitors||140.6 million|
|Available regions||230 countries and territories|
|Language Model||LaMDA (Language Models for Dialog Applications)|
|Training dataset size||750 GB of data (1.56 trillion words)|
|Costs of query||$0.003 to $0.028|
Google Bard Users
- Google Bard is expected to have over 1 billion users.
There are no figures available about the number of Bard users. However, according to estimates, Google Bard will cross 1 billion users. Besides, the monthly traffic recorded on Bard is more than 140.6 million, which strengthens the prediction.
- 40% of users stated that they use Google Bard to research a topic of interest.
At the same time, 30% of the users said they use the chatbot to create content like poems, scripts, and stories.
Besides, 20% of the users said they use it for some help related to work or school, and the rest, 10%, said that they used Bard for playing games, searching for videos and music.
The following table displays the various purposes of people using Bard.
|Usage Purpose||Percentage of the users|
Google Bard Demographics
- Google Bard is available in more than 230 countries and territories.
Even though Bard had a country waitlist, it was initially released only in the United States and the United Kingdom. Currently, it is available in more than 230 countries and territories.
- Bard is available in 43 languages.
Google Bard was initially available in US English, Japanese, and Korean. However, after the update on July 2023, it became available in more than 43 languages, including Chinese, German, Arabic, Spanish, Hindi, and many others.
- Google can be accessed only by people aged more than 18 years.
To access Google Bard, a person must be 18 years or older, and you must have a personal Google account or a Google Workspace account.
- 60% of the Google Bard users are male.
Google Bard is found to be used by more male populations compared to females.
- 35% of the Bard users are aged between 25 to 34 years.
Google Bard is very popular among millennials; majority of Bard users are 25 to 34 years old. Besides, the second highest share belongs to users aged between 18 to 24 years.
Source: Google Bard.
Bonus: Want to know how to use Google Bard? Here we have mentioned a step-by-step guide on using Google Bard AI.
Google Bard Traffic
- The number of total visits recorded on Google Bard in June 2023 is recorded to be 140.6 million. Comparatively, in May, it recorded a total visit of 142.6 million.
- The number of pages that the visitor access per visit is recorded to be 2.56
- The bounce rate on Google Bard is recorded to be 55.10%.
- The highest traffic on Google Bard is recorded from the United States. The country directs traffic of 37.24% on the Google Bard website.
The second-highest traffic on Bard is recorded from India, with 9.56% of the traffic being directed from the country.
Apart from that, Japan and the United Kingdom direct a traffic percentage of 6.67% and 5.44%
The following table displays the percentage of traffic recorded on Bard from different countries.
|Country||Percentage of traffic|
- 76.74% of the traffic directed on Google Bard is recorded as direct traffic. Apart from that, 16.77% of the traffic is organic traffic.
Here is a table displaying the type of traffic recorded on Google Bard.
|Channel of traffic||Percentage of traffic on Google Bard|
- The top keyword to direct traffic on Bard is ‘bard’. It directs traffic of 2.4 million to the website.
The ‘Google bard’ keyword directs almost 2.1 million traffic on the platform and 751 K traffic is from ‘bard ai.’
The following table displays the keywords that direct the most traffic on Google Bard.
|google bard||2.1 million|
|bard ai||751 K|
|google bard ai||127.9K|
- 52.19% of the traffic on Google Bard comes via YouTube.
At the same time, 14.15% of the traffic is from Twitter, and 8.82% of the traffic on the platform is from Facebook.
The following table displays the percentage of traffic directed to Google Bard from different social media sites.
|Social Media Platform||Percentage of traffic directed on Bard|
Google Bard Estimated Costs
- The estimated query cost searched on Google Bard is 0.003 per inquiry. Plus, an additional price of $0.003 to 0.028 to the usual search cost.
The total cost for each Bard search may range between $0.006 to $0.031.
These are just the estimated costs, and the actual cost of each Bard search may vary according to a number of factors, like the complexity and the size of the query and the amount of computing power required by Bard to generate the query’s response.
However, the estimated costs per query display that the launch of Bard has increased the costs of Google significantly.
- According to Morgan Stanley, Google will have to spend $1.2 billion for every 10% of queries with 50 words responses generated by AI.
Here is a table displaying the costs required to generate the responses of Google Bard with different numbers of generated words.
|Percentage of Google queries handled by AI||25 words generated per query||50 words generated per query||75 words generated per query||100 words generated per query|
|10%||$0.6 billion||$1.2 billion||$1.8 billion||$2.4 billion|
|20%||$1.2 billion||$2.4 billion||$3.6 billion||4.8 billion|
|30%||$1.8 billion||$3.6 billion||$5.4 billion||$7.2 billion|
|40%||$2.4 billion||$ 4.8 billion||$7.2 billion||$9.6 billion|
|50%||$3 billion||$6 billion||$9 billion||$12 billion|
Goggle Bard Tech Statistics
- The LaMDA model used in Google Bard was trained on the Infinite dataset. It is a vast collection of data that spans 1.56 trillion words and features 137 billion parameters.
This massive dataset requires just 750 GB of storage to store its content and create an ideal training platform for the Bard to train and increase its knowledge.
The infinite dataset comprises 12.5% of C4-based data and 12.5% of code documents from programming, tutorials, Q&A websites, and others.
It includes 6.5% of English web documents and 6.5% of non-English web documents.
Pro Tip: Google Bard is not the only generative AI in the town. It has many competitors like ChatGPT and Bing AI. We have compared Google Bard closely with ChatGPT and Bing AI, and you can check it out here.
Google Bard Timeline
- Google Bard was initially launched on February 6, 2023, and then released to the public on 21st March 2023.
Google Bard was just launched to the tester in February, and then a waiting list was created to provide the people access to Google Bard based on the first come, first serve technique. However, on March 2nd, it was made available for everyone across 180 countries.
- A new update was released on the 13th of July that made Bard available in 40 new languages and an additional 27 countries.
Here is a table displaying the Google Bard timeline since its launch.
|February 6th, 2023||Launched|
|21st March 2023||Access open to the public|
|April 10th, 2023||Experiement updates page added.‘Google it’ option added. Bard capabilities were updated.|
|April 21st, 2023||Bard can help with 20 programming languages. A variety was added to the drafts.|
|May 5th, 2023.||Access to Google Workspace account.|
|10th May 2023||Bard was made available in Japanese and Korean in addition to US English. The content generated can be exported to Google Docs or Gmail. A Dark theme for Bard was launched.|
|15th May 2023||Bard’s summarization capabilities were improved. Bard displays the sources for its response.|
|23rd May||Bard can now display help images along with the relevant responses.|
|June 1st, 2023||Bard provides more relevant responses with the location.|
|June 7th, 2023||Bard can now code for the users and be improved in maths and data analysis. Users can export the Bard tables to Google Sheets.|
|July 13th||Bard is made available in 40 more languages and 27 more countries. Google Lens is added in Bard. Users can ask Bard to read out the responses. Users can view pinned and recent threads. You can now share your Bard conversation with others. You can modify Bard’s responses as needed. Python code can be exported to Replit.|
Source: Google Bard
Google Bard General Statistics
- Bard’s mistake costed $120 billion to Google during its launch.
Google Bard gave an incorrect response wrong during the demonstration preview
The question was, ‘What new discoveries from the James Webb Telescope can I tell my 9-year-old?
And the answer given by Bard was, ‘JWST took the very first pictures of a planet outside our own solar system.’ his was wrong information as this milestone was already claimed by the European Very Large Telescope in 2004
Source: The Register
- Google Bard can now work with Docs, Drive, Gmail, Maps, and other third-party applications.
Further, Google Bard can also work with other third-party services and extensions, unlocking endless possibilities that were not possible earlier.
To train the language model for Google Bard, approximately 12.5% of the data was picked from Wikipedia, and 12.5% of the public dataset was used.
Conclusion: Google Bard Statistics (2023)
I hope the above article has helped you gain insights into the Google Bard figures.
With the previous updates, Google Bard has indeed improved tremendously, and it is expected to become better in the upcoming time.
Apart from that, looking at the costs to run Google Bard, Google may launch a paid version soon to sustain it.
Google Bard now has more than 1.4 billion monthly traffic.
Google Bard is trained on the LaMDA language model, which uses a dataset called Infinite. The language model of LaMDA is trained on 1.56 trillion words from various sources and 137 billion parameters.
Google Bard has got better over time. With the latest updates introduced in July 2023, Bard has become efficient with images and voice outputs. Also, it has got better at coding mathematical queries.