Reddit was introduced in the year 2005. It is still a mystery for marketers to advertise their products and understand their algorithms. It prioritizes discussions and user engagement over content creation or branding.
Reddit is used by more than billions of users all over the world. Its focus on engagement and communities makes it different from other social media platforms. Reddit is a great place to learn and grow with people that think alike.
In the following article, I have listed statistics related to Reddit. I have also mentioned details like its revenue, market derails, users, etc.
Reddit Statistics (Top Picks)
Here we have shared a detailed Reddit Statistics guide here.
- 50 Million people use Reddit every day, and 430 million people use it every month as of 2023.
- Every month, 11 million posts are reported to be shared on Reddit.
- Reddit was reported to be the sixth most used social media site globally.
- 63.8% of users on Reddit are male.
- Every day, 52 million users tend to use Reddit.
- 72% of the users on Reddit are for entertainment purposes.
- Videos are the most engaging and preferred content on Reddit.
- The best time to upload on Reddit is reported to be Saturdays and Sundays.
- Approximately 47% of Reddit users are from the United States.
- In the year 2021, Reddit was valued at more than 10 billion. $10 billion
General Reddit Statistics
Reddit is a great platform to explore genuine opinions, people, and product details. Most of the users reported that they use Reddit due to the authenticity of the content. Let us take a look at the general statistics related to Reddit.
- There are more than 100,000 active communities around the world on Reddit.
- More than 430 million posts were created and uploaded on Reddit in the year 2022.
- There are more than 130,000 subforums and communities on Reddit.
- Reddit is the 5th most visited website in the US.
- Reddit is valued at more than $10 billion.
- Reddit was found to be the 29th most visited site in the world.
- More than 303.4 million posts were shared in the year 2020 on Reddit.
- Each month, 11 million posts are shared on Reddit.
- In the year 2020, it was reported that more than 2 billion comments were posted by internet users.
Reddit User Demographics
Reddit has attracted more male users as compared to females. Most of the young generation uses Reddit. Very few adults above the age of 55 use Reddit. Let us take a look at the demographics related to Reddit.
- 63.8% of the audience on Reddit is male.
- Only 36.2% of the Reddit users were reported to be female.
- 47.13% of Reddit users are from the US.
- 36% of Reddit users are reported to be between the age of 18 to 29 years old.
- Gen Z is 26% of users of Reddit.
- 82% of Reddit users already have their college degrees or are preparing to get them.
- 29% of the people on Reddit are between the age group of 30 to 49.
- Only 4% of the teenagers reported that they have visited the platform and used it.
- It was reported that only 7% of the users on Reddit are above the age of 50.
- 7.6% of the Reddit users are from the UK, while 7.4% of the Reddit users are from Canada.
- It was reported that only 3.8% of Reddit users are from Australia, while only 3.3% of Reddit users are from Germany.
- 79% of the Reddit Users reported that they support the democratic party.
- It was reported that Reddit is considered to be the 4th most trusted social media platform.
- 82% of GenZ Reddit users reported that they trust product reviews on Reddit.
Reddit User Behaviour
Users are the ones that play a major role in creating a user base for the platform. Reddit users have played a great role in making the platform one of the top social media platforms. Let us take a look at the statistics related to the Reddit user base and their behavior.
- As recorded in the year 2021, there are 2.8 million subreddits on the platform.
- There are 52 million daily users on Reddit.
- It is reported that, on average, 24 minutes a day are spent by users on Reddit.
- Users spent relatively less time on Reddit as compared to other platforms.
- 51% of Gen-Z Reddit users reported that they are attracted to Reddit due to the features like comments, subreddits, upvotes, etc.
- 82% of Gen-Z people reported that they trust Reddit for product reviews.
- It was reported that Reddit users, in the year 2018, consumed more than 1.8 billion videos on the platform per month.
- The video viewing time grew by 38% in the year 2018.
- In the year 2018, four highest-performing posts on Reddit were reported to be videos, while one was photos.
- There are more than 430 million monthly active users on Reddit.
Here is a table showing Reddit users over the years:
- There has been a 30.3% growth in Reddit users since the year 2020.
- The growth of daily users from the year 2020 to 2021 was reported to be 44%.
- 52% of Reddit users login to the website daily.
- 82% of Reddit users reported that they log into Reddit on a weekly basis.
Why Do People Use Reddit?
Reddit is used by users for different purposes. Kost of the Reddit users reported that they use it for entertainment purposes, while others use it for professional use. Let us take a look at the statistics that state the reasons for users install Reddit.
- 72% of users reported that they use Reddit for entertainment purposes.
- The second most popular reason reported to use Reddit is to get updated with News.
- 8% of Reddit users reported that they use Reddit for professional networking.
- 17% of Reddit users reported that they use Reddit to follow content that is updated and posted by the brands they love.
- 5% of Reddit users reported that they use Reddit to stay connected with their family and friends.
- 12% of Reddit users reported that they used Reddit to keep themselves updated with the latest covid-19 information.
- Reddit is preferred by most people after they check Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and other preferred social media.
- The best days to post on Reddit are Sundays, Saturdays, and Mondays.
- It was reported that the users are most active on Reddit from 6 am to 9 am.
- The posts that include questions tend to perform twice better than other posts and gain 1000 more upvotes.
- It was reported that Reddit users are 98% more likely to spend on expensive tech gadgets.
The traffic on Reddit has increased largely over the past years. Most of the users and the traffic on Reddit were reported to be authentic. Let us take a detailed look at the statistic related to Reddit traffic and users. Reddit user demographics
- There were 1.6 billion visits on Reddit in the month of March 2023.
The following table gives the approximate number of visits by users on Reddit from December 2021 to March 2023.
|Month And Year||Number Of Visits|
|December 2021||1.7 billion|
|January 2022||1.7 billion|
|February 2022||1.5 billion|
|March 2022||1.7 billion|
|April 2022||1.6 billion|
|May 2022||1.7 billion|
|March 2023||1.6 billion|
- An average reddit user visit 6.32 reddit pages on their visit to reddit.com
- The number of Reddit users in April 2021 was reported to be 945 million.
- Reddit is home to more than 100,000 active communities around the world.
Reddit Content Statistics
Every day thousands of posts are uploaded on Reddit every day. The content on Reddit is diverse and includes different genres. However, food and animals were the genres loved by most of the users. Let us take a look at the statistics related to the content on Reddit.
- There is a 14% year-over-year increase in the creation of posts on Reddit.
- There were more than 2.5 billion total comments on Reddit as recorded on 20th November 2022.
- There was a 7% year-over-year increase in total comments recorded.
- As of November 20, 2022, There were more than 24 billion upvotes.
- In the year 2022, like all other years, the most shared photos and videos were of animal friends, especially of the Cats.
- There was a 55% YoY increase in the views of the movies category.
- There was a 38% YoY increase in the views of the Television category as of recorded in 2022.
- It was reported that 1 out of 3 Redditors enjoys horror as a TV of film genre.
- There was a 161% YoY increase in the Music category on Reddit in the year 2022.
- There was a 45% YoY increase in men’s fashion while an 18% YoY increase in women’s fashion.
- There were 2.2 billion views recorded in the fashion category.
- There is a 13% YoY increase in views of the beauty category.
- With 30.9 million subscribers, it was reported that r/gaming is the 4th most subscribed community on Reddit.
- The sports category reported a 23% YoY increase in views. The total views on the category were reported to be 13.6 billion in the year 2022.
- The highest headline character length of posts on Reddit is 60-80 characters.
- The tech-related subreddits combined received more than 27 million unique monthly visitors and 284 new monthly views.
Additional Reddit Content Statistics
- Upvotes were higher for posts with a title length of 60-80 characters. Titles with more than 120 characters or less than 20 characters performed the worst.
- A title that asks a question is twice as likely to generate comments as a title that states something.
- Reddit material that does not include a question earns more than 1k upvotes than content that includes a question.
Revenue Generated By Reddit
The Revenue generated by Reddit in the past few years has surprisingly increased. It was observed that a young crowd is attracted to the platform, and so have businesses. Here are a few statistics related to Reddit’s revenue generation.
- In the year 2021, Reddit generated a revenue of $439 million through an online advertising business.
- There is an increase of 150% year over year in online advertising revenue generated by the platform.
- In the year 2022, Reddit generated approximately 423.8 million US dollars in advertising revenue.
- The following table displays the approximate revenue Reddit generated by advertising over the years.
|Year||Revenue Earned By Advertising|
- As reported in the year 2021, the valuation of Reddit was $10 billion.
- In 2019, the valuation of Reddit was only $2.7 billion.
- By the end of the year 2021, it was forecasted that Reddit would generate a revenue of $289.9 million.
- It is expected that by the year 2023, Reddit will cross the revenue of $1 billion.
- In quarter 2 of the year 2021, the revenue generated was $100 million.
Subreddits are the forums in which specific topics are discussed. The platform mainly focuses on communities and subreddits. Hundreds of subreddits are formed every month on the platform. Let us take a look at the statistics related to the subreddits on the platform.
- There are 3.1 million subreddits on the platform.
- Reddit has 138,000 subreddits that are presently active and has five or more comments in a day.
- It is reported that the users add 62,089 new subreddits every month on average.
- 77% of the subreddits are removed from the platform because they were reported to be not moderate.
- 8% of the subreddits were taken down because they included hate comments.
- 5% of the subreddits were reported to be taken down due to the harassment.
Reddit Market Statistics
The Reddit market has grown significantly since the year 2019. Many large organizations came forward to invest in the platform. Let us take a look at the stats related to the Reddit market size, valuation, etc.
- Reddit has received $1.3 billion from seven different countries as an investment fund since the company started.
- 73.8% of the funding was raised by the company from 2019 to 2021.
- 700 employees are working for Reddit.
- $700 million was raised by Reddit in August 2021 from Fidelity Management.
- 600 of the employees of Reddit are located in the US.
- 38.1% of the employees on Reddit reported that they work in the IT or engineering sector.
- It is reported that by the end of the year 2023, there will be over 32 million mobile app users of Reddit.
- Reddit has over 100 million downloads on the Google play store.
Wrapping Up: Reddit Statistics (2023)
That’s all about Reddit statistics.
Reddit is a great social media platform that focuses on maximizing community engagement. It is a platform that is mainly influenced by users. It has made its way among the top social media platforms and is liked by many users.
I hope that the above article has helped you to understand the stats related to Reddit. If I have missed any important statistics on Reddit, you can add them in the comment section below. I updated my articles and will add the statistics from the comment section with the needed credits.
How often do you use Reddit and Why?