From thousands of website builders, are you questioning which is the best website builder for small business?
A website builder plays one of the most crucial roles. The more powerful your website builder is, the better your website will be. This is one of the reasons why you need to make your pick wisely when choosing the right website builder for your site.
We have experimented with various website builders to put your confusion at rest. With our hand-picked list, you can choose the best website builder for small businesses and determine the best one according to your needs.
As you continue to make it until the end, we have shared our honest reviews, features, pricing, and other details about each website builder. So, are you ready to explore your ideal website builder?
Let’s get started!
Which Are The Best Website Builder For Small Business In 2023?
|Sr. No.||Website Builder||Best For||Ease Of Use||Price||Rating|
|1.||Elementor Cloud||Beginners and Web Designers||4.9/5||$99/yr||4.5/5|
|2.||Squarespace||Beginners and professionals||4.4/5||$16/mo||4.4/5|
|3.||Wix||Simple website creation||4.8/5||$16/mo||4.2/5|
If you are too curious to complete the entire article and need quick suggestions from us, we have you covered! Here’s a quick overview of all the best website builder.
- Elementor Cloud Website: Best for beginners and web designers alike.
- Squarespace: Best overall website builder for small businesses.
- Wix: Best for creating simple websites quickly for free.
- Weebly: Best for small business owners looking for a free website builder.
- WordPress: Best for users looking for plenty of designs and functionality.
- BigCommerce: Best for creating a fully-functional eCommerce store.
- Strikingly: best for a single-page small business website.
- Zyro: Best for beginners.
- GoDaddy Website Builder: Best for creating a simple website.
- Web.com: Best for DIY website creation.
- Duda: Best for freelancers or designers who want to create business websites for their clients.
- HubSpot: Best for users who are looking for marketing automation features.
- HostGator: Best for existing website owners and new website owners.
- MemberPress: Best for creating a membership website.
- Shopify: Best for creating eCommerce stores.
Here’s a quick review of all these best website builder for small business.
1. Elementor Cloud Website:
|Ease Of Use||4.9/5|
|Best for||Beginners and web designers|
Elementor is a fantastic WordPress page builder plugin, but since they launched Elementor Cloud Website, they have become one of the best website builder for all types of businesses. With the Cloud website plan, you will have access to the Elementor plugin and Google Cloud hosting for your WordPress website.
You can use the plugin to design your Elementor Cloud website from scratch, and with its CMS tools, you can manage your website’s content. You can use Elementor’s website kit to avoid starting from scratch. They also offer amazing templates to help you design all the pages of your website.
- Hosting from the Google Cloud Platform is included
- Elementor Pro plugin’s all features
- Pre-installed WordPress
- Manage all your Elementor-made websites from the My Elementor dashboard
- 24*7 Premium Support available
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- There is only one plan available for Elementor Cloud Website, which allows you to create only one website.
Note: If you want to save a few more extra bucks on Squarespace. Well, check our working Squarespace Promo Code here.
|Ease of Use||4.9/5|
|Price||$16 per month|
|Best for||Beginners and professionals|
After reviewing all the website builders on the list, Squarespace is second on our list! It is our second-best pick due to its aesthetically pleasing and modern designs and overall functionality.
The intuitive website builder makes it easier for anyone, including beginners, to create their website in no time! As a small business owner, its eCommerce features and tools come in handy in improving your sales and creating a solid brand presence online.
Moreover, you can choose from its collection of beautiful pre-made templates that reduce your workload to hire a designer or create a new design from scratch!
We have tried Squarespace and were quite impressed with how it performed. Read our detailed Squarespace Review to learn more about its capabilities.
- Customize every aspect of your website.
- It lets you sell unlimited products on your small business websites and accept donations from your customers.
- Analytics lets you see insights into how well your small business is performing.
- Free SSL certificate with all the plans.
- Easy scheduling for your customers to see availability and book appointments.
- Quick 24/7 customer support.
- Users will have to upgrade to top-tier plans for additional eCommerce features, which can be expensive.
|Ease of Use||4.8/5|
|Price||Starts at $16/mo|
|Best for||Creating simple websites|
Wix is a powerful, straightforward website builder suitable for small businesses. With its in-built collection of 500+ pre-made templates, you can create a fully functional website in no time. Furthermore, you can customize these templates as per your business needs without writing a single line of code.
The drag-and-drop builder lets you add advanced features and create any website, including a personal blog, portfolio website, shopping website, and more. There are also plenty of add-ons available for Wix to add extra functionality to your website. You can also check an exclusive coupon offer on Wix here.
You can also read our in-depth Wix Review to learn how well Wix works!
- Artificial design intelligence to build your website in under 10 minutes.
- Allows translation to different languages for your website.
- Mobile-responsive templates that look good on every device.
- Optimize your website for search engines with its SEO tools.
- Marketing and analytic tools.
- Free custom domain for the first year.
- Moving your website from Wix can be challenging and time-consuming.
- The interface may be a bit tricky in the beginning to understand.
|Ease of Use||4/5|
|Price||$5 per month|
|Best for||Small business owners looking for a free website builder|
If you are looking for a freemium website builder with top features, Weebly is the right option! This powerful website builder lets you create a professional-looking website with plenty of designs and tools that help your business grow. For beginners, they provide a step-by-step guide and planning tools to help you build a website from scratch.
Moreover, considering its freemium version, it lets you use lead generation and SEO features. However, upgrading to the premium version can enjoy additional features, including marketing tools, eCommerce tools, custom domains, and more.
- Integrated marketing tools to generate leads.
- Mobile-friendly and beautiful templates.
- No coding is needed to create your website.
- Easy customization option to meet your brand needs.
- Access to premium videos, HD pictures, and audio to stand out from your competitors.
- If you wish to switch from Weebly, you will have to create your website from the beginning again, which can be a significant drawback of Weebly.
- Limited features in the free version.
|Ease of Use||4.8/5|
|Best for||Users who need endless design options and functionalities|
Seeing WordPress on the list is no surprise, considering it is one of the largest CMS. WordPress is used by more than 41% of the internet due to its ease of use and functionality. WordPress provides two different versions to users -free and premium.
The freemium website builder is suitable for beginners and small business owners as it provides a drag-and-drop interface and lets you create a mobile-friendly and robust website.
Lastly, even if it is free, WordPress provides you with customization at your fingertips with its block editor. Whether you want to create a personal blog, showcase your work as a portfolio website, or want to build a client or podcasting website, WordPress has all the options!
- Easily market your website and connect with your audience with plenty of tools.
- Easily monetize your website by adding payment options.
- 60+ styles to build the website the way you want.
- Thousands of powerful plugins.
- Out-of-the-box SEO tools and SSL certificate.
- Free custom domain for a year.
- Managing your website alone without managed WordPress hosting can be time-consuming and challenging.
|Ease of Use||4.8/5|
|Price||Free version /$29.95|
|Best for||Creating a fully-functional eCommerce website|
As the name suggests, the BigCommerce website builder is ideal for users who want to create a functional eCommerce store. The builder focuses highly on online sales, helping you build a store that converts visitors into buyers with aesthetic looks.
It offers out-of-the-box and intuitive themes that leave your eyes wide for your customers! Moreover, BigCommerce enables you to provide a personalized experience for each visitor using a flexible modular code base. Lastly, all the templates and designs are mobile-responsive so that you can boost your sales right from mobile!
- It easily lets you optimize your customer’s mobile shopping experience.
- Plenty of tools to boost your website’s performance.
- Integrated applications to customize your small business website.
- Email marketing automation tool to skyrocket your marketing.
- Intuitive page builder visual editor to change your website’s appearance as per your requirements.
- You will have to upgrade to the premium version to avail all the eCommerce features.
- The Premium version is expensive for small business owners.
|Ease of Use||4.2/5|
|Best for||Creating single page website|
Strikingly understands the importance of having a beautiful website to attract your audience, which is why it has made website creation a breeze. This powerful website builder lets you create mobile responsive websites without technical knowledge or coding skills.
One of the prominent features we liked about Strikingly is that you can easily switch between templates without redesigning your website.
The feature saves time and effort in rebuilding your website from scratch. Moreover, the website builder has received positive feedback globally due to its beginner-friendly and easy-to-use website creation tools.
- Build a website in under 30 minutes by picking from its pre-built templates.
- Easy customization of designs and website until you are satisfied.
- Powerful eCommerce features to accept payments and make purchases easily.
- It lets you build live chat features, forums, signups, and newsletters on your website.
- Outstanding customer support by the experts.
- The membership cancellation feedback has been negative by users.
- No customization time slot feature for bookings.
|Ease of Use||4.5/5|
|Price||$2.99 per month|
Zyro is yet another popular and cloud-based platform offered by Hostinger that lets you create your online store in no time. It provides a drag-and-drop editor with plenty of visually appealing designs. Zyro proudly claims to provide its users with a ‘what you see is what you get experience, and we must say, it stands true to its words.
To get started, you need to pick a suitable template per your business needs and rearrange, add, or eliminate elements until satisfied. Another best part? You do not need any coding or technical know-how to get your business going!
- Free domain for the first year.
- Robust marketing integrations.
- Free emails for the first three months to start email marketing.
- Sell up to 2500 products on your website.
- 24/7 customer support to assist you in building your website.
- The primary visual layout of the storefront is restricted compared to other website builders.
- Some users may find template designs more limited than other website builders in the market.
9. GoDaddy Website Builder
|Ease of Use||4.6/5|
|Price||$6.99 per month|
|Best for||Simple websites with no complex needs|
GoDaddy is leading the market as one of the largest web hosting provider and domain registrars. Besides all its other services, the GoDaddy website builder allows you to create your website without technical knowledge or coding.
To get started, all you have to do is choose from its hundreds of themes. Moreover, it provides various tools to make your website fully functional. Some of these tools include marketing and SEO tools.
- GoDaddy Insight tool tracks your website’s progress and improves areas you lack.
- Expert 24/7 customer support.
- Create mobile-friendly websites with their templates.
- Intuitive dashboard to manage your website from one place.
- It also allows you to create an online store with maximum functionality and monetization.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Moving your website from GoDaddy can be difficult.
- GoDaddy website builder is not ideal for content-rich and complex websites.
|Ease of Use||4.7/5|
|Price||$4.95 per month|
|Best for||DIY website building|
Web.com is an easy-to-use drag-and-drop builder that provides a DIY approach. It is ideal for small business owners to create a professional in no time. Additionally, you get 150+ ready-made templates that you can customize to meet your personal brand needs. Web.com proudly boasts of offering a beginner-friendly interface with solid expert support.
One thing that makes Web.com unique from other website builders is that it offers one hour of free design support. You can bring your dream website to reality with their experts to assist you!
- Pre-designed content blocks to make formatting easier.
- In-built analytics to monitor your website’s performance.
- Easily embed customizable social media buttons.
- Over two million free stock HD images to give your website a unique look.
- Allows you to choose a custom domain name.
- Built-in website hosting to make your website creation experience hassle-free.
- The starter plan lacks marketing tools.
|Ease of Use||4.2/5|
|Price||$14 per month|
|Best for||People who want to build websites for their clients|
Duda is an exciting and professional website builder that helps you create websites that convert, primarily ideal for small business owners. Whether you want to build for your business or your clients, Duda allows you to create websites in no time with its automated workflows and dynamic page creations.
Another thing we like about Duda is its speed and SEO features. You can ensure your website is built for speed and search engines with its 99.9% uptime guarantee!
- Pixel-perfect designs with complete editing capabilities.
- Unbeatable security and support to keep your website running.
- Built-in client management tools.
- Streamlined workflow and automation features.
- 24/7 award-winning support team.
- Not suitable for complex sites.
- It is more drawn toward users who want to build websites for their clients.
|Ease of Use||4.4/5|
|Price||Free to use|
|Best for||Marketing automation|
Last but not least, on our list of best website builders for small businesses is HubSpot. Anyone with an internet presence is aware of how powerful HubSpot is. It offers an easy-to-use drag-and-drop website builder to create a fully-functional website without writing a single line of coding. However, this is not the limit.
You can use its built-in ready-made templates and customize every aspect of it. Lastly, you can track your website’s growth with HubSpot’s CRM platform.
Imagine getting access to one of the robust website builders for free. That’s what HubSpot is for you!
- Built-in marketing features.
- 24/7 expert customer support to help you whenever you get stuck.
- Premium additions are available at a price.
- Build as you go, meaning you get a live preview of how your website looks.
- Premium cloud hosting with excellent security.
- HubSpot website builder may not be ideal for creating complex websites.
- The addition of marketing features can be overwhelming for users.
|Ease of Use||4.4/5|
Gator website builder is one of the best for the small business website builder. This tool is developed by HostGator. It provides you with an all-in-one website building and hosting solution.
The drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to add images, videos, Google Maps, and more. They also give free hosting, a domain name, analytics, and an SSL certificate. Those SSL certificates keep your site more secure and SEO friendly.
Gator website builder doesn’t make you start from scratch if you already have a built website. They make your site transfer as easy as possible.
- Free Domain
- Free SSL certificate
- Email campaigns
- No transaction fees
- Intelligent site builder
- Drag and drop interface
- Library of themes available
- It doesn’t offer a free trial
- It doesn’t offer advanced features
|Ease of Use||4.4/5|
|Price||Free to use|
|Best for||Marketing automation|
Are you looking for a business website where visitors register for exclusive content? Then here’s it, MemberPress for you. MemberPress is one of the best WordPress plugins for building a stunning membership site that can accept payments, sell online digital downloads, and control who sees your content. It has a lot of flexibility as MemberPress runs on a WordPress site.
They also offer high-quality customer support to help maintain and build your website. You can even create online classes, including quizzes.
- Set up your membership site in minutes
- Generate recurring subscription revenue
- Integrate with other plugins
- Use any WordPress theme
- Manage your site membership
- Allow them to access content based on membership level
- It’s a bit pricier than other website builders’ option
- You have to take responsibility for software updates and backups because it runs on WordPress.
|Ease Of Use||4.8/5|
|Price||$29 per month|
|Best For||eCommerce stores|
According to recent Shopify Statistics, there are more than 5.6 million stores are active on Shopify. It is the perfect option for small business owners to start an online store. All the features of Shopify focus on eCommerce, so it can easily help you become an established online seller. If you have an offline business, then you can use Shopify’s POS app to connect it to your online store and sell from both with the help of Shopify.
Unlike other website builders on this list, you will get most eCommerce features like inventory tracking, product listing, order fulfillment, and payment options in-built on Shopify. If you feel like any feature is missing on Shopify, then you can always go ahead to the Shopify App store and find it and add it to your store. You can easily get started with Shopify’s free trial and create your store without paying anything.
- Free SSL Certificate
- More than 100 In-built Themes available on Shopify Themes Store
- Shopify App Store includes 4000+ tools
- 24*7 customer support via email, phone, and live chat
- 60 Days Special offer on Starter and Basic plans
- Add unlimited products
- Not many free themes are available.
16. IONOS Website Builder
|Ease Of Use||4.3/5|
|Price||$5 per month|
|Best For||Multilingual Stores|
IONOS is one of the best hosting providers, and it also provides a no-code website builder that anyone can use to create a new website or eCommerce store. It is the best option for small businesses who want a professional website for their business at an affordable rate. The interface of this website builder is very intuitive and allows you to use drag-and-drop functionality to create your website’s pages.
If you are a new user, then you will also get a discount on the website builder for the first year, where you can access all of its features at just $1/month, billed yearly. They can also build a website for you from scratch at an affordable price, and they will also manage the website for you.
- Create stunning websites without any experience
- Professional templates so you don’t have to start from scratch
- A free domain for one year
- Access to AI text generator
- Access to professional emails
- Free SSL certificate for your website
- There is no free trial or free plan available
- The interface is very basic, and the templates are outdated
Which Is The Best Website Builder For Small Business In 2023?
Finally, you have made it to the end of our article and reviewed all the best website builders for your small business together. If you are still confused with the options, we recommend trying Squarespace or Wix. As you continue to build your website, you can explore all the other options easily!
Nevertheless, no matter which website builder you pick, you will be able to build your business website with minimum struggles!
Which website builder is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below!
Frequently Asked Questions
With hundreds of pre-made and customizable templates, Wix caters to the needs of small business owners. You get plenty of marketing, SEO, and other tools to ensure you create a perfect website that converts.
There are various free website builders available for small businesses. Some of the best ones include Wix, WordPress, Strikingly, and Hubspot.
Both website builders provide excellent features to build your website. Wix lets you create a simple website, whereas with Squarespace, you can make more complex sites.
One of the best website builders for small businesses is Squarespace and Wix. You can create a stunning website with its in-built mobile-friendly designs.
As a small business owner, having the right website builder is essential. Before making your pick, check for the builder’s ease of use, customization options, pre-made templates, integrations, and price.
Free business site builder often has limitations and don’t look for professionals. And, many free website creators aren’t free when you look deeper. Using a free website platform for small businesses usually means:
You can’t have any control over the ads on your website
You can’t use your domain and won’t have much control over your site
For templates, you may need to pay for templates and add-ons
Having to pay for things you weren’t expecting
Small business website builder plans start at around $20 a month. However, options like Zyro offer excellent features for @2.69 per month.