Google Ads helps brands to get discovered by customers when they are searching for services and products on Google search, maps, and shopping. Your ad will appear on Google as soon as someone is looking for products or services like yours.
More than 2 million people have chosen Google Ads due to its reach and returns. The best part is you will have to pay only for clicks to your website or calls to your business.
In the following article, we have compiled fascinating facts and figures about Google Ads. You will also find statistics related to the conversion rate of Google, the efficiency of Google Ads, etc.
Google Ads Statistics: At A Glance
- As of 2023, Google’s ad revenue is expected to increase by 9.5%.
- In Q3 of 2022, Google Ad revenue was $54.48.
- $1 to $ 2 is the average cost per click on Google Ads.
- For every $1 spent on the ad, Google generates a profit of $8.
- 73% of the paid search market is owned by Google Ads.
- Average CTR for Google Ads is 2%.
- Responsive Ads are used by 84% of businesses as of 2023.
- 80% of businesses use Google Ads for PPC.
- Approximately 33% of the mobile ads are from Google.
- Almost 63% of people have clicked on Google Ads.
- 80% of people trust PPC and Google for Ads.
- For small to mid-sized businesses, the average spending on Google Ads is $9000-$10,000.
- 77% of marketers plan to increase their investment in Google Ads for 2023.
Why Do People Click On Paid Ads?
33% of people click on Google ads because they answer a question. On the other hand, 26% of them said that they click on ads because they mention a familiar brand.
The following table displays the reason for people clicking on paid ads.
|Reason To Click on Paid Ads||Percentage Of People|
|Ads answer a question||33%|
|Ads mention a familiar brand||26%|
|Ads are listed before the other results||20%|
|Due to a compelling title, description, or image.||19%|
General Google Ads Statistics.
Google ads have massive reach and give you control over how you spend your money. Furthermore, Google’s search engine helps display advertisements to the right audience.
Want to know more amazing facts about Google and Google ads? Here are a few general statistics related to Google Ads.
- Google owns 83.84% of the search engine market share.
In the UK, Google’s search engine market share is 86.31%.
Seeing the popularity of Google, its no doubt that brands prefer to invest in running Google ads to generate conversions.
- 63% of people have clicked on a Google Ad.
- Google removed 2.3 billion ads in 2019. It was to address policy violations and a step towards adopting a zero-tolerance policy towards violations of its guidelines and ad management rules.
- The average click-through rate for the ads placed in the first position is 7.94%.
- More than 49% of users click on text ads.
- The legal sector has the highest CPS of $1.16.
“Attorney” and “Lawyers” are on the list of the top 10 most expensive keywords on google.
- The e-commerce industry has the lowest average CPC of $6.75.
- Google’s average Ad conversion rate for “search” across all industries is 3.75%.
- Local Google Ads Statistics
4 in 5 consumers want ads customized according to their location.
The key elements for customizing local ads are the city, postcode, and general area.
Besides, mobile phones help provide consumers with a better-personalized experience.
Business Google Ads Statistics
Brands and businesses prefer Google ads due to their excellent conversion rate and targeted reach. Most companies have witnessed an increase in sales after advertising on Google Ads. Let us take a look at Google Ad statistics related to business.
- 65% of small to mid-sized businesses run their PPC campaigns.
- 80% of global businesses trust Goole ads for PPC campaigns.
- Purple (the mattress company)saw a 22% increase in purchase intent with ads. They also achieved a 33% increase in brand searches and a 37% reduction in cost per visit.
- Williams Sonoma increased mobile sales by 70%.
They used Google to run mobile ads to attract in-store mobile sales. Besides, a 20% higher return on ad spend, and a 51% increase in e-commerce sales was observed.
- More than 1.2 million businesses rely on Google Ads to market their products and services.
PPC(Pay Per Click) Statistics
PPC ads are used to drive traffic to websites, in which the advertiser has to pay the publisher when only when their ads are clicked. Here are some Google Ad statistics related to PPC ads.
- Google Ads generate twice the visitors generated by SEO.
- The average click-through rate for Google Ads is 2%.
- More people click on paid searches on Google than on other search engines. Hence Google Ads has the highest click-through rate.
The click-through rate on Google is 63%, while Amazon’s is 15%.
The following Table displays the click-through rate on different search engines.
|Search Engine||Clicks On Paid Searches|
- Paid campaigns drive over 65% of clicks from Google ads as of 2023.
- 65% of people click on Ads when they want to make a purchase.
If your ad displays what people are searching for, you may get a click and a sale.
- Users visiting a website via Google Ads PPC are 50% more likely to buy the product than those who discover them through organic searches.
- The top three paid ads in search results receive 46% of clicks.
- 80% of companies use Google Ads for PPC.
- WIthin five days of search, 35% of users buy the product they have searched for.
- What is the Reach of Google Ads?
Google ad searches reach more than 2 million websites and application networks on the internet.
Furthermore, Google Display Network reaches 90% of online consumers across the globe.
Google Ads Revenue Statistics
Google generates 97% of its revenue from Google Ads alone. It has also played a major role in boosting the revenue of other businesses.
Here are some other interesting facts and figures related to Google Ads revenue.
- Google Ad Revenue was $54.48 billion in Q3 2022. As compared to that, $53.12 billion was generated in Q3 of 2021. Google Ad revenue has been steadily increasing since then.
- Google generated $209.49 billion in ad revenue in 2021.
- 29% share of total ad spending in 2021 belongs to Google Ads.
- Publishers receive 68% of the revenue if their ads appear on Google ads.
- Alphabet made $147 billion in revenue from Google Ads in 2020.
- Google’s ad revenue share is expected to contract to 70.5%.
- 73% of the paid search market share is owned by Google as of 2023.
- Googles Ad revenue was expected to increase by 10.5% or more in 2022.
Google Shopping Statistics
Google shopping platform has been popular for the last few years. It shows no signs of slowing down in effectiveness and popularity between advertisers and shoppers. Here are a few statistics related to Google shopping.
- 98% of global consumers shop online.
With a maximum number of global consumers shopping online, Google ad is the best way to boost your sales.
- The average Google shopping ad conversion rate is 1.91%.
- $38.87 is the average rate of Google shopping ads.
- Google Shopping Ads make up approximately 76.45 of the retail search ad spend. Hence, Adwords or Google shopping campaigns generate 85.3% of all clicks.
- The average cost per click of Google shopping ads is reported to be $0.66. It often generates excellent profits for the brands.
Google Search Network vs Google Display Network Statistics
If you wish to launch an ad campaign on Google Ads, you can use Google search Network or Google Display network according to your needs.
Let us look at statistics related to Google search and display networks.
Google Search Network.
Google search Network allows users to advertise on search results and on Google Maps, Google Images, Google shopping, etc.
Most of the Google Ad statistics are based on the Google search network. Let us take a look at some of the basic statistics of the Google search Network.
- 63% of people have clicked on a paid ad in Google search results.
- 6 types of ads, From text to call only, are available on the Google Search network.
- Of people who click on Google search network ads, 55% of them prefer text ads.
- 49% of people click on text ads.
- The average click-through rate for the Google search network is 91%.
Google Display Network
Google display network ads can reach people across 35 million websites and apps, as well as on Google-owned properties like YouTube and Gmail. It is a great option for advanced marketing strategies.
Here are a few statistics about the Google display network.
- The Display Network reaches 90% of online consumers.
- 55% of the companies use display ads.
- The average CTR for Google Display Network s 35%.
- 8 types of Ads are available on the Google Display network.
- Google display network includes more than 2 million networks.
- 55% of companies use display ads to promote their brands.
- The average CTR for the Google Display network is 33%.
What Is The Cost Of Google Ads In 2023?
The average cost per click on Google Ads is $1 to $2(£0.75 to £1.50). This cost may vary according to the industry.
Let us take a look at other Google ad statistics related to its cost.
- The average ad expenditure for small to midsize businesses is $9000-$10,000.
- $1 to $2 is the average CPC for Google Search Network.
- Google advises setting a daily ad spend of $10-$50 for beginners.
- $1 or less is the CPC for the Google Display Network.
The following table displays the cost of Google Ads in different industries.
|Industry||Average CPC (Display Network)||Average CPC (Search Network. )|
|Dating and Personals||$1.49||$2.78|
|Finance and Insurance||$0.86||$3.44|
|Health and Medical||$0.63||$2.62|
|Travel and Hospitality||$0.44||$1.53|
- Businesses invest around $9000 to 10,000 on average on ads.
- What is the ROI of Google Ads?
For every $1 spent on an ad, Google generates $8 in profit. Hence, Google ads deliver an 8:1 return on investment.
Besides, Paid ads have an ROI of 200% as of 2023.
Conversion Rate of Google Ads Statistics
One of the most common goals for running an online business is conversions. In the following section, we have compiled statistics related to the conversion rate of Google ads.
- The average conversion rate of Google Ads on the search network is 4.40% across all industries. On the other hand, the conversion rate on the display network is around 0.57%.
- 75% is the average conversion rate for Google Ads among all the ad channels.
- The purchase rate through ads is 50%.
- The average conversion rate for the Google Search Network is 17%, while that of the display network is 46%.
The following table breaks down the Google Ads conversion rate in all industries.
|Industry||Average CPC (Display Network)||Average CPC (Search Network. )|
|Dating and Personals||3.34%||9.64%|
|Finance and Insurance||1.19%||5.10%|
|Health and Medical||0.82%||3.36%|
|Travel and Hospitality||0.51%||2.92%|
Google Ads For Mobile Advertising
The overall mobile ad traffic in 2Q of 2022 was 58.99%. If you want to know more facts about Google ads for mobile advertising, you can take a look at the following section.
- As mobile ad spending is becoming popular among users, 33% of it goes to Google.
- 61.9% of Google ad click come from mobile devices.
- The average CTR for the first rank is lower on mobile than on desktop. On mobile, it is 24%, while on desktop, it is 31.5%.
- Brand awareness increases by 46% through mobile ads.
- 60% of smartphone users have contacted a business directly through the search.
Features like click-to-call and others have made contacting businesses easier.
- Google received 95% of its paid clicks through mobile phones.
- The effectiveness of mobile ads is five times more than other devices.
Google Search Ads & Consumer Behavior
Google search ads receive great consumer responses. Most consumers reported that they trust Google ads to find the required products and services.
Here are a few statistics about consumer response to Google search ads.
- People are likelier to click on Google ads than any other advertisement network. 63% of the people said that they would choose Google ads over others.
- 59% of people said they prefer to search online for purchase recommendations.
- 90% of consumers reported that ads impact their purchase decisions.
- 75% of the users reported that paid search makes it easier for them to find information.
- 66% of the shopper reported that they prefer to shop online.
- 50% of the users are unaware of the difference between paid ads and organic listing.
- 49% of the people reported that they have clicked on text ads.
- 41% of the users reported that they trust online ads.
Google Ads Campaign Management Stats
Creating and managing the budget for Google ads sure is a trivial task. Marketers have to manage the campaigns and look after the ad’s expenditure. Let us take a look at Google ads statistics related to campaign management and understand its details.
- According to 79% of marketers, PPC is vital to their business.
- Professional Google Ads management should cost brands between 12 to 30% of ad spending per month.
- Marketers should spend an average of 30 minutes per week adjusting keywords, campaigns, and strategies against results.
- Google ad services provide bill clients with a minimum of $10,000, approximately 15% of the ads expenditure.
Effectiveness Of Google Ads.
Google ads are incredibly effective in increasing the brand’s reach and sales of the products. In the following section, we have compiled statistics about the effectiveness of Google ads.
- 75% of users informed that ads made the search easy.
- After seeing an ad, 43% of users bought that product.
- 58% of millennials reported that they made a purchase because of an online ad.
- Shopping on mobile helps 59% of the users to decide which brands to buy.
- Paid ads helped brands to increase their brand awareness by 33%.
Google Adsense Statistics
Adsense is a free and simple way to make money by showing ads next to your online content. With its help, you can deliver relevant and engaging ads to your site visitors. You can also customize the look of the ads to match your site.
Let us take a look at some of the facts and figures related to Google Adsense.
- Adsense earnings can be calculated as follows:
earning = (impression count) x (CPC) x (smart pricing factor) x (CTR).
- Google Adsense’s click-through rate ranges from 1% to 10%.
- Publishers receive 68% of the revenue generated from Google Adsense, while Google receives 32%.
- 53,733,377 live websites are using Google Adsense.
- Every year, Google pays around $10 billion to its publishers.
- Google Adsense has more than 2 million publishers.
- Google Adsense displays ads in 46 languages.
- Adsense generally gets a commission of 41.20 to $15 per click.
- In the United States, 1,512,980 live websites use Google Adsense.
How Much Will You Earn Through Google Adsense?
The revenue generated through Google Ads differs from industry to industry. However, it provides its users with an estimated annual revenue amount that can be generated through monthly page views.
Google Ads points out that the amount provided is an estimate and should be used only for reference.
- The following table displays your potential annual revenue on Google Ads through monthly page views.
|Monthly Page Views||Arts And Entertainment||Beauty And Fitness||Shopping||Real Estate|
|3 million||$203,000||$ 470,000||$ 506,000||$528,000|
Google Ads Statistics And Trends For 2023
Google Ads is set to create new records in 2023. With increasing popularity and trust, more advertisers and consumers are turning towards Google ads. Let us take a look at the trends of Google ads that will be witnessed in the year 2023.
- Google’s ad revenue is predicted to increase by 9.5% in the year 2023.
- 77% of marketers plan to increase their Google Ads spending in the year 2023.
- Google’s responsive search ads have quickly become a growing trend. Over 84% of advertisers either use or plan to use it in 2023.
- Best Google Sheets Alternatives
- Google AI’s LaMDA vs OpenAI’s ChatGPT
- ChatGPT Vs Google
- How to Use Google Trends For Market Research & Business Growth
Wrapping Up: Google Ads Statistics (2023)
Google is a powerful platform for running ads and promoting services and products. You can use the above stats to create your own Google ad.
The right ad can boost your website traffic and awareness about your brand and increase profits and conversions. Fix a goal for your ad campaign and create an ad that will attract your target audience according to their interests. It will surely help you to boost your conversion rates.
If you have found this article valuable, you can check out our website for more updated articles. We keep updating our articles with the latest data and trends.