So imagine the scope for brands to promote their products and gain exposure on a platform where 1.97 billion users spend over half an hour of the day.
In today’s post, we will be going through Facebook’s facts and figures that will help all marketers around the globe to make a well-informed strategy to gain maximum output from their campaigns in 2023.
Even if you are not a marketer, there are many interesting facts that you can find in this post and later brag about in your friend circle! So, without further due, let’s get into it.
Facebook Statistics (Top Picks)
This is basically the key facebook statistics in a nutshell.
- Facebook is the most popular social media in the world with 2.96 billion monthly active users.
- Facebook has 1.97 billion daily active users as of Q2 2022.
- Facebook’s average revenue per user (ARPU) is $9.82 as of Q2 2022.
- Facebook has 264 million monthly active users in the United States and Canada alone.
- The majority of Facebook users (329.65 million) are from India.
- 69% of US adults use Facebook.
- Facebook removed 1.6 billion fake accounts from the platform in Q1 2022.
- Facebook made revenue of $27.71 billion in the third quarter of 2022.
- 56.6% of Facebook users are males and 43.4% are females.
- The majority of Facebook’s users belong to the 25 to 34 age group.
Facebook User Statistics.
- Facebook has 1.98 billion daily active users as of the third quarter of 2022, which is a 3% increase year-over-year.
- Facebook has 2.96 billion monthly active users as of the third quarter of 2022, which is a 2% increase year-over-year.
Here is a table showing the monthly active users of Facebook from 2008 to 2022:
|2022 (up to Q3 2022)||2,960 Million|
- 67% of Facebook’s monthly users are Daily users.
- 78.1% of Facebook users also use Instagram. If we talk about facebook usre’s overlapping with other platforms, Here are the numbers:
- 74.7% of Facebook users also use Youtube.
- 72.7% of Facebook users also use Whatsapp.
- 48.8% of Facebook users also use Twitter.
- 47.8% of Facebook users also use TikTok.
- 36.1% of Facebook users also use Pinterest.
- 1.5% of Facebook users access the platform from a laptop or a desktop.
Here is a table showing Facebook’s reach based on the device:
|Device||Share of respondents|
|Any kind of mobile device||98.5%|
|Laptop or Desktop||1.5%|
|Both phones and computers||16.7%|
|Only via a mobile phone||81.8%|
- 72% of Facebook users don’t trust the platform to keep their data safe. In fact, Facebook tops in this category among all other social media platforms (obviously not a good list to top). This number has drastically increased from 47% back in 2020.
Facebook User Demographic Statistics
- 56.6% of Facebook users are males while 43.4% are females.
- The majority of Facebook’s users belong to the 25 to 34 age group with 18.4% males and 12.6% females belonging to this age group using the platform.
Here is a table showing the distribution of Facebook users worldwide as of January 2022, by age and gender:
|Age Group||Share of Males||Share of Females|
- With 329.65 million users, India is the country with the most Facebook users. The United States stands second in the list with 179.65 million users.
Here is a table showing the countries with the most Facebook users:
|Country||No. of users|
|United States||179.65 million|
|United Kingdom||35.05 million|
- Facebook has 264 million MAUs in the United States and Canada as of Q2, 2022, this number is up from 263 million from the previous quarter.
- In the fourth quarter of 2021, the Asia-Pacific region had roughly 1.28 billion monthly active Facebook users.
- Facebook has 407 million MAUs in the Q2 of 2022, a loss of 20 million users from the previous quarter.
Facebook Usage Statistics
- A recent study by Statista reveals that an average person spends around 147 minutes on social media platforms every day. Out of which 33 minutes are spent on Facebook.
Facebook is also the social media on which users spend the most time. If we do the math, we get the following numbers:
|Every day||33 minutes|
|Every Week||231 minutes|
|Every Month||990 minutes|
- 31% of U.S. adults use Facebook to get regular news updates.
- 1.3 billion Facebook users use Facebook messenger.
- 1.8 billion people interact in Facebook groups every month.
- The average percentage of Facebook page fans who engaged with a page’s postings as of January 2022 was 0.07 percent.
Here is a table showing the Average Facebook page fan engagement with selected post types:
|Post Type||Average fan engagement rate|
- The yearly downloads of Facebook Messenger fell to 353 million in 2021. The reason we say ‘fell’ is because, in 2020, this number was 508 million.
- The most popular Facebook activity is contacting friends and family, according to the most recent study by data portal on Facebook’s most popular uses. Up to 71.3% of Facebook users claim to interact with their loved ones on the platform.
Here is a table showing the top reasons people use Facebook:
|Reason||Share of respondents|
|Message friends and family||71.3%|
|Post or share photos or videos||64.5%|
|Keep up to date with news and current events||60.1%|
|Follow or research brands and products||55.7%|
|Look for funny or entertaining content||55.1%|
Sources: Statista, Meta, Hootsuite, and Datareportal.
Facebook Advertising Statistics
The fact that Facebook is the most widely used social media marketing tool for companies shouldn’t come as a surprise as 55.7% of active Facebook users use the platform for following or researching businesses and products.
Facebook is used by as many as 23.6% of marketers to promote their brands. Here are some statistics that back this fact:
- Facebook has over 10 million active advertisers as of 2022.
- 2.11 billion individuals are potentially reachable through Facebook advertising.
- 34.1% of adults worldwide over the age of 13 see Facebook advertisements.
- 63.7% of Americans over the age of 13 are exposed to Facebook ads.
What about other countries?
Here is a table showing the reach of Facebook ads for people over the age of 14 across various countries:
|Country||Facebook ad reach|
- In the second quarter of 2022, advertising impressions increased by 15% (YOY), and the average price per advertisement decreased by 14% (YOY).
- Facebook ad revenue as of Q3 2022 is $82,387 million.
- On average, a Facebook user clicks on 12 ads every month.
- Facebook advertising has an average Cost Per Click (CPC) of $1.72 and an average Click Through Rate (CTR) of 0.9%. 9.21% is the average conversion rate (CVR).
Additionally, Facebook allows us to view the average cost per click per campaign objective:
- The finance industry has the highest Facebook ads CPC – $3.89.
Here is a table showing the Facebook sectors with the highest CPC:
|Internet and Telecom||$3.07|
|Home and Garden||$2.78|
|Business and Industrial||$2.48|
|Jobs and Education||$2.11|
|People and Society||$2.01|
|Beauty and Fitness||$1.85|
|Food and beverage||$0.42|
Sources: Statista, Meta, Wordstream.
Facebook Statistics for Businesses
- Facebook’s applications and free tools are used by more than 200 million companies.
- In the past year, 18.3% of American adults made a transaction on Facebook.
- A local business page is visited by over 70% of Facebook users at least once a week.
- Facebook live chat makes customers 53% more likely to make a purchase from a company.
- Facebook will have real-time translation capabilities for hundreds of languages.
How does this help businesses? Businesses will be able to create social media material in one language and trust Facebook to correctly translate it for a worldwide audience. Greater eyes viewing the material and thus more engagement will result from regional articles translating into major languages or vice versa.
- A Facebook Page post’s typical organic reach is 5.2%.
- Over 4,596,700 pieces of material were deleted by Facebook in 2021 as a result of copyright, trademark, or fraudulent reports.
- On average, 36% of Facebook page postings are photos.
Sources: Hootsuite, Hubspot, Statista, Meta.
Facebook Financial Statistics
- Facebook made a revenue of $84.258 billion as of Q3 2022.
- Facebook’s net income is $18.547 billion as of September 2022.
- Facebook’s revenue from advertising is $55.150 in 2022 so far (Q1+Q2).
- Facebook registered annual revenue of $117.92 billion in 2021.
Here is a table showing Facebook’s annual revenue from 2010 to 2022:
|2022 (Q1+Q2)||56.73 billion|
Sources: Business of Apps, Meta.
Conclusion: Facebook Statistics (2023)
So, this was my take on Facebook statistics. I tried to cover all the important segments with the most up-to-date statistics from trusted sources. If you want to make an informed decision, you can 100% rely on our research.
We keep updating the articles every month and with every quarterly report rollout. If you want me to cover additional segments, feel free to comment below so that I can add them during the next update.
Make sure you check our other statistical articles as well. We have covered all the top social media including TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.