Are you looking for a new shopping cart platform to avoid high shopping cart abandonment? Why not go with the best one? In this guide, I have prepared a comparison of two market leaders in the industry – Thrivecart vs Samcart. Let’s see what each one has to offer.
Why these figures are so high? Well, try to think like a customer. It takes a nanosecond for a buyer to change his/her mind, whether it’s because of the unavailability of an item or a complex checkout process. This is when you need a good shopping cart software platform.
Today, we are talking about the best ones in the business – Thrivecart and Samcart. In this review guide, I will talk about both of them in detail along with their key features, ease of use, pricing, and much more.
So buckle up.
[Bottom Line]: Let me start by telling you, right off the bat, that Thrivecart is clearly a better shopping cart builder when it comes to overall performance, features and value. We have put both programs to the test and mostly received favorable responses from our partners.
This review is based on public opinion and the feedback we’ve gotten from our partners.
DemandSage’s Recommendation — Samcart
Our pick is Samcart because we’ve found that it is the most reliable tool.🎯
Try a 7-day free trial of Samcart with our exclusive offer.🔥
Thrivecart vs Samcart: An Overview
Here is a complete overview of Thrivecart and Samcart
Thrivecart is a shopping cart builder that allows you to create attractive and high-converting checkout pages. Founded in 2016 by Josh Bartlett, the company has seen exponential expansion both in terms of the number of users and the overall sales it has generated for them.
The prime goal of Thrivecart is to convert online visitors into potential buyers. The platform is most suited for e-commerce agencies, handling the campaigns for its clients.
Here are some key features of Thrivecart:
It allows you to strategically place offers, additional product upgrades, discounts, etc on the checkout page.
Custom Page Building
An easy drag-drop function allows you to design appealing product pages, as well as sales, and funnel pages.
It allows you to test the different variations of product and checkout pages and compare the performance of each to figure out which one is working for you.
Thrivecart integrates smoothly with multiple payment gateways, email marketers, fulfillment services, membership platforms, and much more.
Who Can use it?
- Individual online sellers
- E-commerce businesses that require shipping physical items
- Online training platforms, music websites, ebooks sellers, etc
- Large-scale business consultants with a lot of clients
- Businesses that offer membership
Samcart was designed by Brian Moran as his own shopping cart solution for his other ventures – Get 10000 Fans, and Train baseball. The platform is very similar to Thrivecart with a few tweaks such as advanced sales funnel pages and a beginner-friendly page builder.
Samcart is one of the best, if not the best e-commerce assistants with more than 30000 customers, having sold nearly 10 million products. It allows you to create an intuitive sales page with the help of customizable templates without needing any coding skills whatsoever.
Apart from page building, Samcart also provides deep market analysis, order management service, tax assistance, and much more.
Here are our top Samcart features:
Samcart allows you to intelligent sales funnels, converting prospects into buyers in a few simple steps.
Perfect for Beginners
It has an extremely easy-to-use interface. Whether it’s designing the page or creating bump offers on the checkout page, Samcart provides easy tools to navigate through the platform.
There is a huge collection of pre-designed templates which you can later customize to your own preference. All the designs on Samcart are compatible with smartphones.
Samcart is the perfect option for membership-based businesses with automatic membership recovery, recurring subscriptions, and much more,
Who Can use it?
- Coaching institutes
- Independent e-commerce enthusiasts
- e-learning g businesses
- Online Consultants
- Digital service providers such as ebooks, audio, podcasts, etc
Thrivecart Vs Samcart: What Are The Main Differences
|Pricing||$495 one-time payment||$49, $99, $199 per month|
|Google Pay/Apple Pay||✔||✖|
|Sales Tax Collection||✔||✖|
|Templates & Designs||✔||✔ (Better)|
Thrivecart vs Samcart: Design and Customization
Tip: When you are selling products and services online, it’s very important to keep the process simple and engaging. Remember, you are competing with thousands of other businesses and a customer is no short of options. The more detailed your product page is, the higher the chance you have to convert a click into a sale.
When it comes to designing the pages, both Thrivecart and Samcart come with easy drag-drop editors. You are not required to have any programming whatsoever and your designs solely depend on your creativity.
With Thrivecart, you can sell physical as well as digital products, online services, membership-based services, and much more. The software comes with hundreds of pre-designed templates which can be further customized according to your business type and personal voice.
When you add a new product with Thrivecart, You can:
- Add the product URL along with its name and description
- Add pricing information (monthly, recurring, one-time)
- Provide multiple payment processing options
- Include bump offers, upsell offers, and funnels on the checkout page
- Put a pop-up cart anywhere on the website to increase the chance of a potential sale.
Thrivecart also allows you to create a 2-step cart, modal shopping cart, video carts, and embeddable carts. You can put one-click offers, additional product suggestions, and coupon links on the cart page using simple editing tools.
Samcart provides very similar customization features that include a GUI-based design tool where you can simply choose what you want from hundreds of ready-to-use templates. Yes, you don’t need to be a coding expert to design your product or landing page.
With Samcart, you can sell almost anything including subscription-based music, ebooks, online training services, e-learning courses, billing services, and much more.
Similar to Thrivecart, you can create an offer zone on the checkout page with a one-click product upgrade option, order bumps, and upsells. It’s slightly easier to add products and design pages with Samcart, thanks to an ultra-friendly interface. There are templates exclusively for different product categories that will give a professional look to your store.
With Samcart, You can:
- Add new products along with their pricing, description, and so on.
- Specify billing cycle fixed, one-time or recurring)
- Add sales funnels to boost the chances of sales
- Put one-click bump offers, upsells, discounts, and product upgrades/suggestions on the checkout page.
- Add automated membership recovery option
- Add Faqs section, progress bar, Countdown timer, etc to give your store professional touch
In a straight competition, Samcart comes out on top with its easy-to-use and more refined designing tools.
Marketing & Analytics Features: Thrivecart Vs Samcart
Both platforms are packed with marketing features you can use to bump your sales and target potential buyers in a tactical way.
Thrivecart Allows you to communicate with customers through behavior-based emails. These emails are based on pre-defined triggers that send an automated email/alert/notification to the customer. You can track abandoned carts, overdue payments, and so on.
Also when it comes to analytics, Thrivecart allows you to see checkout clicks, real-time traffic, project revenue, average daily revenue, and much more. Also, there is an automatic sales tax estimation feature that calculates the tax based on your geographical location, product type, and several other parameters. You don’t need a third-party application for that as it’s a part of the Thrivecart suite.
With Samcart, you can go back to any sales report using the product, date of sale, traffic, and subscription. Then there are other advanced filters to retrieve the exact reports you are looking for.
Samcart also features an order management system that allows you to track and fulfill orders with detailed reporting. Similar to Thrivecart, there is an option to calculate VAT and sales tax without any third-party integration.
The advanced analytics highlights each and every step of your business and you can download the report as CSV files for further analysis and modification in the strategy. Samcart analytics are easy to go through and you will find them relatively straightforward compared to that of Thrivecart.
Overall, Thrivecart clearly offers more marketing and analytics features, however, the data can be a bit cluttered and complicated to understand for a casual user.
Thrivecart vs Samcart: App Integrations
Both tools provide solid third-party app integrations, covering a wide range of websites and services (approximately 700). Both platforms keep expanding their support applications with new updates.
Thrivacart provides multiple app integrations in various categories allowing you to make your website compatible with a number of services. Let’s have a look at them:
- Notification services (Zapier)
- Auto response service (HubSpot, GetResponse, etc)
- Payment gateways/processing companies (G pay, Apple Pay, Paypal, etc)
- Fulfillment (Kunaki, ShipStation, Google Sheets, etc)
- Subscription platforms (MemberMouse, Thinkific)
- Email marketing services (Mailchimp, Sendy, Drip)
- Webinar platforms (Demio)
Samcart, however, falls short in this category. Compared to Thrivecart, it offers limited third-party integration. The biggest drawback is the lack of support for Apple and Google Pay services.
- Product/landing Page-builders (WordPress)
- Membership services (Thinkific, Wishlist, Kajabi, etc)
- Email services (Mailchimp, Maropost, iContact, GetResponse, and much more)
- Payment gateways (Braintree, Stripe, Paypal, and Authorize.net)
- Marketing intelligence (Ontraport, Drip, ActiveCampaign, etc)
Thrivecart vs Samcart: Sales Funnels
Sales funnesl highlights the customer journey, from product search to making a purchase. Based on the customer behavior on the website, you can add sales funnels to convert an internet surfer into a sure-shot buyer.
With Thrivecart, you can create sales funnels to highlight your services, and encourage the visitor to purchase one of your products/services. Not only that, you can test multiple funnels to figure out the best strategy for your business.
Simply click on New Funnel and create a strategy for any of your products. Based on the customers’ activities and clicks, you can smartly place upsells, bump offers, product suggestions, and upgrades on the landing page. Thrivecart also allows you to use a sale funnel for multiple products, so if you are dealing with hundreds of products, it’s a good timesaver.
Samcart has a comparatively weaker funneling feature. You can find it under the Upsells tab and enable it right from there for any product. The process of funneling includes creating awareness and interest in the prospect, and eventually making him purchase the product.
You can write a description, add upsells/downsells, offers and suggestions, order bumps, and much more. Samcart also provides you to test individual funnels and components on your landing page, giving you slightly more control than you would have with Thrivecart.
Thrivecart vs Samcart: Pros & Cons
Here are the benefits & drawbacks of using Thrivecart and Samcart.
- You can easily manage your marketing campaigns and affiliates on Thrivecart.
- It has tools for you to create upsell pages that you can attach to your shopping cart.
- You can get lifetime access to Thrivecart with one single payment.
- You can show the pricing of your products in 16 different currencies on the checkout page.
- Auto follow-up and link tracking feature increase the conversion rates for your online store.
- Template options are very limited on Thrivecart.
- You can easily sell products on Thrivecart, but it does not have a lot of features to help you sell services.
- Samcart offers plenty of features to help you create a membership site.
- The number of templates available on Samcart is more than on Thrivecart, and these templates are much better as well.
- Samcart has multiple pricing options for you to choose from.
- Samcart has more integration options than Thrivecart, including Zapier.
- You can also optimize your pages on Samcart for mobile devices.
- There are only two payment gateways available on Samcart.
- Samcart is more expensive than Thrivecart.
One of the biggest differences between the two platforms is their pricing. While Samcart offers traditional monthly subscriptions, Thrivecart is a one-time purchase software.
You can purchase a lifetime subscription to Thrivecart for a sum of $495. This includes:
- Customer support service
- Unlimited checkout page building
- Unlimited funnels and high converting carts
- Business services tailored for you
- Comprehensive customer behavior rules
- Custom domain name
- Market Analytics
- Tax estimation
- Real-time Traffic and conversion rates
Samcart, on the other hand, offers 3 premium plans –
- Launch – $49/month
- Grow – $99/month
- Scale – $199/month
All plans come with the unlimited product and page building, template library, unlimited video uploads, unlimited memberships, and much more. You can also save a few bucks with our exclusive Samcart discount code here.
Launch plan includes:
- All core features
- Customer billing option
- Weekly webinars
- Standard third-party integrations
- 1 user license
- Sales reports
Grow plan comes with all core features, Launch plan features plus:
- 3 admin licenses
- Enhances third-party integrations
- Order bump collection
- After-sale upsells
- Tracking and marketing reports
- Custom checkout
- On-demand reports
Scale plan offers all the features from Launch and Grow plans. Additional to all the core features, it includes:
- 10 admin user licenses
- Dedicated expert support (for annual payments)
- Virtual webinars
- Cart abandonment alert and conversion
- Affiliate center
- Funnel testing
- Automated reports
ThriveCart vs SamCart: Which One Should You Choose?
To transform online surfers into buyers, you need a high-converting landing page that makes it difficult for the customer to abandon. That’s the concept of a successful sale. Both Thrivecart and Samcart are able to allow you to create a stunning product and checkout pages where you can place exciting offers, one-click upgrades, discounts, and offers, making it difficult for the prospect to give up.
Samcart, with its tonnes of experience in landing page optimization, provides you with better designing and customization features while Thrivecart totally relies on the services, integrations, and overall performance.
Both checkout page builders are features rich and you can’t go wrong with either of those. It’s just a matter of personal preference and the requirements.
To put things into perspective, here are some suggestions:
- Thrivecart offers better third-party integrations including Google Pay and Apple Pay support. Also, you have to pay once to buy a lifetime subscription and at $495, Thrivecart is the best deal you can get.
- Samcart, however, provides better templates and customization making it easier to use, if you are a beginner. Also, split testing is slightly better than Thrivecart so you can implement the best winning strategy every time. However, fewer integration options can be a deal-breaker for many.