Launched in 2003, LinkedIn is one of the biggest social media and probably the oldest which is still functioning with a high user rate. The platform currently has 875 million users worldwide.
There is no better platform to address professionals than LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a business-oriented social media, and users access it to connect with other professionals, post job openings, recruit candidates, and stay up to date on the current developments from companies and impactful people around the world.
Understanding how LinkedIn users and brands use the platform will provide you with useful knowledge on how to integrate LinkedIn into your social media marketing strategy.
Here is a list of most recent figures from LinkedIn that will help you make informed decisions when it comes to formulating a marketing campaign around the platform.
LinkedIn Statistics for 2023 (Hilights)
- There are currently 875 million LinkedIn users globally.
- LinkedIn is available in 200 countries and territories.
- LinkedIn is available in 26 different languages.
- Microsoft corp owns LinkedIn. Microsoft acquired LinkedIn for $26 billion.
- LinkedIn has an annual revenue of $8.05 billion.
- The United States has the most LinkedIn users, with over 190 million users as of Q3 2022. India ranks second with 87 million users.
- People aged 25-34 account for 59.1% of the LinkedIn user base.
- LinkedIn’s American satisfaction index score is 69.
- Linkedin’s advertising revenue is $2.62 billion.
- Sponsored posts are the most effective advertising format on LinkedIn.
- Over 120,000 schools are registered on LinkedIn as of 2023.
- 39,000 different skills are listed on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Usage Statistics
- Linked In has 875 million users worldwide, out of which over 310 million are monthly active users.
Here is a table showing worldwide LinkedIn users from 2009 to Q3 2022:
|Year||Number of LinkedIn Users|
|2022 (up to Q3)||875 million|
- LinkedIn has the most users from the Asia Pacific region, accounting for over 230 million users.
Here is an overview of LinkedIn users based on Region.
|Region||Number of Users|
|North America||208+ Million|
|Europe, Middle East, and Africa||216+ Million|
|Asia Pacific||230+ Million|
|Latin America||128+ Million|
|the Middle East and North Africa||45+ Million|
- The number of LinkedIn users is projected to reach over 1 billion by 2025.
- 95 job applications are submitted on LinkedIn every minute.
- 50 million people use LinkedIn to look for jobs every week.
- On average, 6 people are hired via LinkedIn each minute.
- 57% of LinkedIn’s traffic is generated via smartphones.
- 30% of a company’s LinkedIn post engagement comes via their employees.
- Employees have a 14x more chance of sharing a post from their employer.
- 16.2% of users access LinkedIn via its application daily, while 48.5% do so monthly.
- LinkedIn witnessed 15.4 billion sessions in the third quarter of 2022.
- A LinkedIn post with an image gets 2x the engagement rate.
- The United States accounts for 31.16% of LinkedIn’s traffic, which is most by any country. India follows with 6.97%. Huge Drop, right?
Here are the top 5 countries with the most LinkedIn traffic.
|Country||Share of LinkedIn’s traffic|
|The United States||36.16%|
- Ever wondered which country has the most LinkedIn users? Well, It’s the United States. As of December 2022, the United States has 190 million active LinkedIn users.
India and Brazil come in second and third spots with 87 million and 54 million users, respectively.
Here is a table showing the top 20 countries with the most LinkedIn users:
|Country||Number of LinkedIn users|
|United States||190 Million|
|United Kingdom||33 Million|
|South Africa||9.7 Million|
- Bermuda has the most LinkedIn audience reach, with 104.8%. While The United States has the largest userbase and most traffic, it’s 7th on the list.
Here is the overview of the top 10 countries with the highest LinkedIn Audience reach.
|U.S. Virgin Islands||78.3%|
- 5.7% of LinkedIn app users in the United States are heavy users using the app 2/3 of the month
- As of March 2021, 51.5% of LinkedIn android users in the United States were inactive.
- 84% of LinkedIn users in the United States claim that they use the platform to strengthen their professional network.
- 57.2% of LinkedIn users are males, while 42.8% are females.
- People aged 25-34 account for 59.1% of the LinkedIn user base.
Here is the overview of LinkedIn users by age
|Age||Share of LinkedIn Users|
- Over 75% of LinkedIn users are based outside the United States.
- 52.1% of LinkedIn users from the United States of America are males, while 47.9% are females.
- The majority of LinkedIn users in the US are aged between 25-34, accounting for 57.6%.
Here is the overview of LinkedIn users in the USA by age
|Age||Share of LinkedIn Users in USA|
- As per a 2020 survey by Statista, 36% of males who use the internet in the US use LinkedIn, while 28% of females do so.
- A study done in Q3 2022 revealed that 40% of internet users aged between 46-55 access LinkedIn. Internet users aged between 15-25
- Millennials make up 20.4% of LinkedIn’s userbase worldwide.
- An average Linkedin user in the USA earns around $46,600 every year.
- 9 million people have turned on the creator mode since its launch in 2021.
- There are over 65 million business decision-makers on LinkedIn.
- There are over 17 million opinion leaders on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn has 36 offices globally. 10 of them are in the USA.
- LinkedIn is available in 26 languages.
LinkedIn Business Statistics
- More than 58 million companies are listed on LinkedIn.
- 4 out of 5 people on LinkedIn are decision drivers.
- 73% of buyers are more interested in salespeople who reach out to them via LinkedIn
- LinkedIn saw a 88% Increase in confirmed hires y/y as of Q3 2022
- LinkedIn witnessed a 37% year-over-year growth in revenue in the third quarter of 2022.
- There are over 10k business-to-business software product pages on LinkedIn
- Confirmed hires were up by over 110% year-over-year as per LinkedIn’s LinkedIn Business Highlights from Microsoft’s FY22 Q2 Earnings
- According to 40% of B2B marketers polled, LinkedIn is the most powerful channel for generating high-quality leads.
- Remote work searches on LinkedIn increased by a 3x mark following the start of the coronavirus.
- LinkedIn has 65 million decision-makers on LinkedIn as of 2022. Below is the complete list of influential people on LinkedIn
|Opinion Leaders (Thought Leaders)||17 million|
|IT Decision Makers||6 million|
|Mass Affluents||40 million|
|C Level Execs||10 million|
- LinkedIn is responsible for 50% of the social media traffic that B2B blogs and websites receive.
- LinkedIn Live streams generate 7 times more reactions and 24 times more comments for businesses than regular videos.
- As per a LinkedIn Study of 1.7 million Decision-makers on the platform, the Company size of Decision Maker Employers on LinkedIn is as follows
|Company Size||Share of Decision Maker Employers on LinkedIn|
- When it comes to closing deals, LinkedIn Sales Navigator results in a +7% higher win rate and provides a +18% pipeline in finding customers.
LinkedIn Content Marketing Statistics
- LinkedIn is used by 93% of B2B content marketers for organic social marketing.
- According to 77% of content marketers, LinkedIn delivers the highest organic results.
- 75% of B2B content marketers make use of LinkedIn ads.
- According to 79% of content marketers, LinkedIn Ads deliver the highest results.
- LinkedIn is used by 97% of B2B marketers as part of their content marketing strategy.
- LinkedIn Posts with 1900-2000 words have the best performance and engagement rate. This means that long-form content is the king on LinkedIn.
- Posts with Titles of 40-50 characters have the best performance rate.
- 60% of LinkedIn users actively seek industry insights.
- Every year, LinkedIn users view 280 billion feed updates
- LinkedIn has 15 times more content impressions than job postings.
- Over 1 million LinkedIn members publish weekly content.
- Businesses with an active LinkedIn Page receive 5 times more page views, 7 times more impressions, and 11 times more clicks per follower.
- Businesses that post weekly on LinkedIn see a 2 times growth in engagement.
- 45 percent of LinkedIn content readers are in top executive positions.
- LinkedIn posts with images receive twice the engagement.
- A study by Okdork shows LinkedIn posts with 8 images receive the most engagement.
Here is an overview of the Number of images in a post and the views on them.
|The number of Images||Average LinkedIn Views|
- A video post is 20 times more likely to be re-shared by LinkedIn users.
LinkedIn Advertising Statistics
- A LinkedIn ad can reach 14.6% of the world’s population.
- As a result of LinkedIn ad exposure, businesses’ purchase intent increased by 33%.
- LinkedIn’s cost per lead is 28% less than Google Ads.
- In Q1 2022, LinkedIn’s ad reach increased by 22 million people.
- In comparison to other social media platforms, LinkedIn is the most successful for 82 percent of B2B marketers.
- Users on LinkedIn who are exposed to business and acquisition messages are 6 times more likely to convert.
- Over 50% of LinkedIn marketers claim they want to run product and demand campaigns simultaneously.
- LinkedIn says if the B2B marketing budget is invested 46% in the product and 54% in demand marketing. There is a high chance of effectively creating, capturing, and converting demand into revenue.
- According to 69 percent of marketers, hyper-targeting is more successful than a wider approach.
- 54% of marketers are already using Account-Based Marketing, and 80% of marketers plan to increase their budget in it.
- Higher resolution images generate 38% higher CTR.
- Images with the size of 1200×627 pixels are ideal for LinkedIn posts.
- Adding a Lead Generation form to your messaging ads will result in 4 times more leads.
- LinkedIn generated 2 to 5 times the ROAS (Return on Ad Spend) of other social media platforms in terms of technology.
- LinkedIn generated 7 times more incremental customer sign-ups in the financial services industry than Display.
- LinkedIn was 2 to 4 times more effective than other display media in the education field.
Sources: LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Influencer Marketing Hub, Statista, Business of Apps
LinkedIn Statistics Extras
- LinkedIn scrapped geo targeting on all Sponsored Messaging campaigns in the European Union (EU) from 10th January 2022.
- LinkedIn has also grown into one of the biggest platforms for industry events, with over 24,000 events created and 1,500,000 million RSVPs received every week of Q3 2022.
- LinkedIn has over 19,000 full-time employees.
- LinkedIn turned 19 on May 5, 2022.
- If you have a profile picture on LinkedIn, you are 7 times more likely to be found.
- If you include at least two previous work experiences, you are 12 times more likely to be found on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn has received 11 billion endorsements to date.
- Linkedin is the most trusted social media platform in the world.
- Here is a list of LinkedIn’s most in-demand skills for 2023
- Basic Coding
- Project Management
- Google Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing
- App Development
- Artificial intelligence
- Here is a list of Linked’s most in-demand Soft Skills for 2023
- Critical Thinking
- Digital Literacy
- Time Management
- Take Initiative
- Team Work
- LinkedIn will turn 20 years old in May 2023! 🎂
Final Thoughts On LinkedIn Statistics (2023)
So that was my detailed guide on all the latest LinkedIn Statistics for 2023. LinkedIn is the best platform to connect to businesses and sell to them. The fact that LinkedIn can reach up to 15% of the World’s population is a huge deal. You don’t want to miss this opportunity and get your advertising campaign optimized for LinkedIn. Take help of this set of LinkedIn statistics to craft your next Ad Campaign on the platform.
I have statistical articles on other social media on the blog as well. Make sure to check them so that you can make an informed decision on other social media platforms too. Let me know in the comments section if I missed anything. Till then, keep hustling, fam!