content marketing is becoming important to every SEO campaign globally. The amount of digital material is rapidly expanding as more consumers and businesses move to mobile.
We at Demandsage have compiled the most important and most recent content marketing data from multiple sources to ensure your message stands out from the competition and reaches your target market.
Continue reading to learn more about the trends that might make your company stand out in SEO and digital marketing.
Content Marketing Statistics 2023 (Top picks)
Here are a few points to Content Marketing statistics detailed guide here.
- Only 40% of B2B companies said they have a written content marketing plan. The number rises to 62% if successful marketers are considered.
- At least one piece of content is created every day by 60% of marketers.
- 35% of businesses lack specialized content marketing teams.
- According to a technavio report, from 2021 to 2026, the Content Marketing industry’s growth is projected to accelerate at a CAGR of 15.8 percent, with the content marketing industry share rising by $487.24 billion over that time. The report also said that 38% of that growth would come from the Asia Pacific region.
- The best platform to promote B2B content is LinkedIn.
- eCommerce websites create five posts each week on average.
- Visual content on social media has a higher interaction rate. They receive 50% more likes, an 85% CTR, and 100% comments.
- Finding ideas for fresh content, curating content that achieves greater levels of online engagement, and producing content that generates leads are the main issues marketers experience while doing content marketing.
- 66 percent of marketers anticipate higher growth in their content marketing expenditure in 2023 compared to 2022.
- There are over 600 million blogs online as of 2023.
Content Marketing Usage Statistics
- 26% of US citizens use the internet very frequently. They are among the 77% of US individuals who regularly use the internet. How is that relevant to content marketing? Well, content marketing will only work if your audience is online.
- Semrush surveyed Content Marketing Usage across 1,500 businesses; below are the findings:
- 97% of respondents said content marketing as part of their content strategy.
- 57% of respondents said they documented their content marketing strategy.
- 36% of people in the survey said they were fairly developed in the content marketing scene. 42% said they were taking the initial steps, while 19% said they had an advanced strategy.
- Content marketing is used by 93% of B2B marketers.
Sources: Pew Research, SEMrush, CMI.
Impact of Pandemic On Content Marketing
The pandemic saw a huge boost in content consumption as most people were under lockdown. Social Media’s signups and engagement numbers skyrocketed. This shift altered how businesses did content marketing; here are some figures associated with the same.
- Compared to the pre-pandemic period, 77% of B2B marketers say their content approach has changed. 55% of respondents rated this change as moderate to extreme.
- In a study of over 1,000 bloggers, 63.88 percent said they were publishing fresh content during the pandemic. 46.5 percent of respondents from the same survey indicated they began blogging more over this period, compared to only 27.18% who said they began blogging less.
- Only 2% of businesses reported reducing the size of their content marketing teams in 2021 due to pandemic-related issues.
- Due to the pandemic, 70% of firms said they had changed their content marketing strategy moderately to significantly.
- Because many businesses went digital, more people shared videos in the pandemic’s early phases.
- Semrush’s survey on Covid 19’s impact on the Content Marketing industry gave the following findings:
- The covid 19 virus is long gone, and according to 30% of organizations (B2B and B2C), it would have no impact on their 2023 content marketing strategy.
- 30% aim to develop longer-term content strategies.
- Due to the relaxation of COVID limits, 26% of respondents intend to invest in expanding their content marketing staff.
- 43% of marketers claim that the pandemic made video content marketing vital.
Sources: Content Marketing Institute, First Site Guide, Semrush, Wyzowl.
Content Marketing Strategy Statistics
- B2B marketers use an average of 13 content marketing techniques.
- Regardless of their low ROI, podcasts and other audio-based content are cited by 53% of content marketers as their most successful format.
- Almost 66 percent of marketers anticipate raising their expenditure for content marketing In 2023.
- According to a report by the content marketing institute, the top areas where content managers are planning to invest are as follows:
|Area of Concern||Share of Content Marketers Targeting It.|
|Organic Content Distribution||46%|
|Social Media Management||39%|
- SEO was cited by 75% of content marketers as their most successful content marketing strategy. Updating the existing content came in second place.
- The top 5 areas to look out for while doing content marketing in 2023 are:
|Areas||Share of People Opting for it.|
|Owned Media Assets||57%|
- Top 5 challenges while doing content marketing in 2023:
|Challenges||Share of People Facing Them|
|making content that resonates with a target audience’s various responsibilities||44%|
|using subject-matter specialists to produce content||42%|
|teams’ internal communication||38%|
|providing informative material rather than messages that are sales-oriented||36%|
|separating goods and services from competitors||35%|
- Semrush conducted a survey of 1,500 businesses over content marketing goals. Here are the results:
- nearly half of respondents desire higher brand recognition.
- 37% aim to increase the volume of visitors to their website.
- 36% of respondents want to employ content marketing to generate leads.
- A rise in sales and revenue is desired by 27% of respondents.
- 23% of respondents work to increase brand engagement and client loyalty.
Sources: Hubspot, Semrush, Top rank blog Content Marketing Institute, Buzzsprout.
Audience Preference in Content Marketing
- According to 55% of marketers in a survey said, consumers in 2023 are relying on content for research and decision-making.
- Before making a purchasing decision, 54.7% of buyers read at least four reviews.
- When investigating B2B purchases, almost 43% of respondents indicated they find research/survey findings to be the most helpful.
- Nearly 50% of internet users claim to publish reviews online at least once every month.
- Moreover half of the customers want companies to answer their complaints within a week.
- 41 percent of B2B purchasers claimed to place greater importance on the reliability of the content’s source.
- 73 percent of respondents stated they would rather watch a short form video than read an article, view an infographic, or attend a webinar when questioned how they’d want to learn about a product or service.
- Articles with over 3000 words receive 138 percent more traffic than those with less than 500 words.
Sources: Demand Gen, Oberlo, Findstack, Content Marketing Institute.
Content Marketing Trends in 2023
2023 is here, and it is the perfect time to know and implement these content marketing trends. Use them to lay down your content marketing strategy if you haven’t yet done it. If you have an existing strategy, simply make room for these ideas:
Podcasting is Taking a rise
Podcasting is not a new way of content consumption but it definitely is one of those content consumption methods that people are exploring tremendously in 2023. Being, Not just audio but Video podcasts are gaining traction globally. Here are some basic stats about them to give you an idea.
- There are over 380 million podcast listeners globally. This number will rise to 424 million in 2023.
- Countries in the Scandinavian region have the highest podcast penetration rate.
- 60% of podcast listeners who looked up a product did so because they had heard about it on the show.
- The United States has the most podcast listeners. 1/3rd of the population listens to a podcast regularly.
- 43% of content marketers that already use podcasts or other audio material expect to maintain their current level of investment; further, 51% of marketers will increase their investments in 2023.
- Sales of smart speakers, which are the most widely used platform for podcast listening, rose by 22% during the epidemic.
Short Form videos are spreading like wildfire
73% of respondents in a survey said they would rather watch a short form video to know about a product than read an article among other things. The rise of TikTok (a short-form video-sharing platform) and The crazy rates of engagement on Instagram reels are proof that short-form videos are taking a leap. Here are a few stats about them:
- Since 2018, the average quantity of internet videos watched per week has nearly 2xed. Due to this trend, videos, especially short-form videos have become the main media format for all content strategies.
- For engagement and lead generation on social media, short-form videos take the top spot.
- Marketers will spend money on short-form videos in 2023 compared to other formats.
- Short-form videos, according to 51% of the marketers polled, are most likely to go viral.
- 100% of Instagram MAUs and DAUs interact with its reel feature.
- 66 percent of marketing organizations collaborate with influencers on Tik Tok.
People Love to see Infographics
Infographics are pictures that illustrate a topic or provide a piece of data in a visual way. They are frequently used by marketers to convey critical, stand-out information rapidly, and 45% of marketers that employ content marketing do so. If you aren’t a part of that 45 percent, start doing it today!
- 65% of brands integrate infographics in their content marketing strategy.
- Infographics is rated as the most successful marketing content kind by 56% of content marketers that utilize it.
- Visual content is considered to be extremely significant by 49% of content creators for their content marketing strategy.
- 38 percent of marketers want to boost their spending on infographics.
- Readers are 80% more inspired to read the material when images incorporate color.
- Infographics significantly increase readers’ understanding by 50%
- Healthcare Patients are 2.84x more likely to know their condition after receiving health information in the form of an infographic.
- Canva is the top choice among marketers to make infographics.
Sources: Hubspot, Visme, Demandsage, Bytedance, Instagram, Content Marketing Institute, Semrush.
Content Marketing Trends & Future 2023 & Beyond
Content marketing is not only limited to blogs anymore. With so many content distribution platforms available, people are targeting new ways to attract eyeballs to their businesses. Let us take a look at what trends are working for most content marketing professionals out there are what you can capitalize upon in 2023 and beyond.
- Short-form videos will keep on rising in 2023 and beyond. It is predicted that most internet traffic will be video traffic in the coming years.
- Marketers are optimizing their content for Niches — especially the long tail keywords. Recently, content marketing has moved away from in-depth and long articles. Long-tail keywords are growing more popular since they are more precise and face less competition.
- The rise in zero-click searches is rising. Marketers are making sure that they are to the point and clear in solving the user’s intent while curating content.
- Distribute your content across channels. By this, I mean that you release content through blogs, podcasts, videos, newsletters, and audiobooks.
Conclusion: Content Marketing Statistics (2023)
The world is seeing substantial growth in the content marketing sector. Brands that wish to reach a wider range of demographics, age groups, and geographic areas use search engine optimization in conjunction with an excellent content marketing plan.
Data-driven and customized SEO methods will largely assist small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) looking to stand out from the competition and rank at the top of Google search results pages.
Consider these important content marketing statistics to lay down your future marketing plan and make changes to the existing one. Remember, Content is the king, First, you need to put quality content and then worry about ranking. Always.