As an SEO connoisseur who has used all the top SEO software suites extensively, I’m often asked – what are absolutely the best SEO tools available right now? With new SEO platforms emerging, how do you identify which solutions offer the most powerful features to maximize search visibility?
Having tested and implemented every prominent SEO toolset with my own projects over the years, I’m in a great position to provide recommendations based on direct experience and proven results.
In this guide, I’ll share my picks for today’s leading SEO software platforms to help businesses improve website traffic.
My Top Recommendation of SEO Tools for 2024
If you don’t have the time to review all the tools, check out our top 10 recommendations for the best SEO tools.
|Available for 14 days
|Freelancers, Startups, and small businesses
|Small to Large scale business
|3. Moz Pro
|Available for 30 days
|Small, Medium, and large-scale businesses
|Available for 5 days
|Freelancers, Startups, small-scale business
|Available for 14 days
|Startups, small businesses, in-house professionals
|For all scale businesses
|7. SE Ranking
|Available for 14 days
|Freelancers, newbies, small agencies
|Available for 7 days
|Individuals, Teams, and Agencies
|Beginners, Professionals, and Teams
|Available for 10 days
|All types of businesses
So here is a detailed overview of the 22 best search engine optimization tools you can try in 2024. This list includes a free and paid list here.
Semrush is one of the top SEO and content marketing suites for executing comprehensive digital strategies. It provides a robust set of tools for marketers and agencies to perform effective keyword research, site audits, backlink analysis, rank tracking, competitor insights, and more in one platform.
Some key features include accurate keyword difficulty metrics to identify profitable targets, an SEO writing assistant for optimizing content, and an on-page optimization checker identifying technical flaws. Site audits evaluate problems negatively impacting organic visibility.
Competitive research is aided by tracking rankings of competitors for target keywords to analyze their strategies. Backlink tracking provides data on the most powerful links gained by competitors to inform effective link building.
Semrush is a popular SEO tool among small and mid-sized enterprises. It also gives you detailed metrics on your ranking pages, website traffic, keywords, domains, backlinks, ads, And more. If you are new to Semrush, check our in-depth Semrush review for detailed insights.
- Spy on your competitors using the domain overview feature
- Get a complete overview of any keyword with the keyword research feature
- Analyze the on-page SEO of your pages
- Check the backlink profile of any domain
- Find keyword opportunities for placing google ads
- With the lead generation tool, you can manage your leads
- Write quality content for your website with its SEO writing assistant
Also, check Semrush Alternatives if you are within budget.
Ahrefs is the #1 SEO tool on our list and is suggested by many top SEO experts as their favorite tool because it offers all the data and features that a beginner needs to start a website or increase its traffic in search engines.
Ahrefs is widely used as a keyword tool, competitor analysis, backlink audits, and more. You can also analyze your competitor’s website traffic and search engine rankings using the site audit feature. You can extract a plethora of data using Ahrefs’ tools and then use it for creating your SEO strategies.
Ahrefs is also known as the second largest website crawler after Google. All the SEO experts recommend this as one of the top SEO tools because of its ease of use. With its position tracking feature, you can see your website’s top pages and the top keywords.
We also use Ahrefs for its backlinks analysis feature to find internal and external backlink opportunities and broken links. The keyword explorer tool of Ahrefs gives you a complete overview of a keyword.
- It can generate millions of keyword suggestions for a single keyword
- The site explorer feature shows you the organic search traffic and traffic value
- The keyword research tools give comprehensive data on a keyword
- In-depth data on the backlink profile of any domain
- Compare multiple domains with domain comparison feature
- Track your website’s pages using the rank tracker feature
- Find out relevant pages for any keyword or phrase using the content explorer feature
Ahrefs used to offer a free trial which is no longer available. Check our detailed article on Ahrefs free trial.
3. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is one of the best SEO tools available. This tool tracks rankings of keywords, analyzes backlinks, does site auditing, uses keyword tools, and so on. Moz Pro is a suite of all SEO tools you need to get higher rankings, organic traffic, and better visibility on search engines. Moz has many tools for free, such as link explorer, keyword explorer, domain analysis, competitive research, and MozBar.
Moz is also known for its SEO guides. Suppose you are a beginner in using SEO tools. The pro version of Moz provides solutions for keyword research, rank tracking, on-page optimization, custom reports, site crawling, and link research. It can also help you quickly outrank your competition. You can also prioritize keywords based on metrics to focus on what’s important. We have also done a detailed comparison of Semrush and Moz for you to check out.
- Track the rankings of your pages with the tracking keywords rank feature
- It helps boost your website’s traffic
- Find new keyword opportunities with the keyword tool
- Find quality backlinks opportunities with the backlink analysis tool
- Get a report on your website’s health with the site audit tool
- Create custom reports & share them easily
- Templates are also available for report
One of the most SEO tools available in the market is GrowthBar. With just one click, you can write perfect blog posts with AI and see billions of backlinks and keywords. It can also show you Google Ads data for any website.
This tool is created using one of the best language models, OpenAI. Because of that, all the results you get are 100% correct, and you can use these insights to create a strategy to take your blog to the next level. You can also use this tool’s AI writing capabilities to write unique content within a few minutes.
It has a very intuitive and easy-to-use interface, and because of that, more and more small businesses, entrepreneurs, and content writers are using it. Many prominent brands use this tool for their daily content and SEO needs, including Dell, magicJack, Product Hunt, instasize, etc.
It also comes with a free Chrome Extension, giving you actionable insights while surfing the web. We have added GrowthBar’s Chrome Extension to our list of the best SEO Chrome Extensions, which you can check now.
- Create long-form blog posts using the AI writer
- Generate catchy meta descriptions to get the attention of users
- Create an outline for your blog on any topic quickly
- Generate blog posts ideas
- Get keyword data using the keyword research tool
- Track the rankings of your keywords
- Inspect your competitors’ websites and find their SEO strategies
Sitechecker.Pro is a website auditing and monitoring platform for identifying SEO issues and optimizing pages for higher rankings. It offers both one-time audits and continuous monitoring to diagnose opportunities.
The tool crawls a site to extract technical and accessibility data, including page speed, mobile-friendliness, meta info, links, and more. It then checks for violations of best practices and flags them. Users also get actionable tips for fixing flagged problems like broken links or missing alt text.
Sitechecker.Pro further compares site metrics like speed and security with top competitors so you can close optimization gaps. Historical data offers insight into performance changes over time. For large sites, the bulk audit API enables programmatically analyzing up to 5 million pages. Get to know more about Sitechecker.Pro through our in-depth review here.
- One-time audits evaluating technical and accessibility issues
- Continuous site monitoring with tracking over time
- Page speed and performance checks and optimization tips
- Mobile-friendliness checks and responsiveness testing
- Security scanning for vulnerabilities
- Meta tag, schema, and indexing analysis
- Broken link and redirect detection
|Annually (2 Months Free)
SurferSEO tool is an excellent on-page optimization tool as they help you create SEO-optimized content and let you optimize existing content to get better rankings.
It is also more streamlined for keyword research, giving users an excellent way for their competitor’s keywords to rank on Google.
It allows users to map an effective keyword strategy from the content planner. And with the site audit feature, you can ensure your website is free of any technical SEO issues. You can take your game to the next level with the help of SurferSEO. Check our detailed review of Surfer SEO to get to know more about its tools and features.
But not everyone will be able to purchase SurferSEO as they are a bit pricey; that’s why we have tested other alternative SurferSEO tools for you.
- With Content, Planner gives you an effective way to map out a keyword strategy for your websites.
- The AI outline builder makes high-quality content for your targeted keywords.
- A great way to write your article with proper keyword density is by using the content editor of SurferSEO.
- With the audit tool, you can get a comprehensive overview of your website’s SEO health, highlighting the areas you need to fix.
SurferSEO provides 3 different plans and a free trial for those who just started a new website and want to grow it quickly. You can save up to 17% when you purchase the annual plan.
|ANNUAL (17% off)
7. SE Ranking
If you are looking for a top SEO tool that can fulfill the needs of a large business or agency, then SE Ranking is the one for you. You will get a bunch of SEO tools with SE Ranking, such as keyword rank tracker, competitive research, website audit, social media analytics, backlink checker, and more. With the website audit tool, you can find out what errors affect your website’s SEO performance to get ranked in search engines.
This tool comes with many B2B solutions, such as white label, SEO reporting tools, API, and more. You can also free analyze your or your competitor’s domain with its competitor analysis tool.
You can also get key metrics of any domain, such as traffic, backlinks, keywords, competitors, ads, global metrics, and historical data. With its social media management tool, you can also maintain a social presence among your visitors.
- Monitor your website’s backlinks to see any new or damaged links on the search engine.
- Get programmatic access to SERanking’s features with its API access
- Spot errors on your website & its pages with the website audit feature
- Get branded reports using the white-label feature
- Analyze the on-page SEO of your pages
- Find the right keywords to target with its keyword research feature
- Create a marketing plan for your business with its marketing plan too
|EVERY 3 DAYS (save 20%)
|WEEKLY (Save 40%)
|3 Months (save 5%)
|6 Months (save 10%)
|9 Months (save 15%)
|Annual (save 20%)
Serpstat is a complete growth hacking tool for marketing, PPC, content marketing, and SEO. It is an affordable tool that will fit right into your budget. It can help you analyze your competitors, perform SEO tasks, and manage your in-house SEO team.
Serpstat offers robust features such as site audit, keyword analysis, rank tracking tool, competitor analysis in organic & paid search, API & integration, SERP crawling service, and more.
You can also find keyword trends country-wise. It also helps you analyze keywords and domains in batches. The user interface of Serpstat is easy to use, and even a beginner can easily understand it.
If you don’t know your competitors, you can find relevant competitors using its competitor analysis tool. You can also analyze any domain for free, and it will provide you with all the relevant data that you will need.
- Analyze contextual advertising with the help of its PPC research tool
- Check the quality of backlinks to your website
- Audit your website and get recommendations on how to improve its health
- Find out the errors of any page using the page audit tool
- Get keyword clustering suggestions for any keyword
- Analyze your competitors by keyword search results
- Get keyword trends for any selected region
|3 Months (5%)
|6 Months (10%)
|12 Months (20%)
|24 Months (35%)
|36 Months (35%)
|60 Months (35%)
SpyFu is a fantastic SEO tool that can help you boost your SEO and PPC profits. It eliminates the guesswork of SEO and gives you access to ranking history, backlink strategies, top pages, and keyword tracking of any domain.
This is the only SEO tool you will need to dominate your competition. It offers plenty of features that will give you the upper hand over your competitors.
It lets you find out your competitors’ strategies and use them to your advantage using the tools of SpyFu. It can help you increase the traffic to your site, track your keywords, and make better connections with your visitors. With its PPC competitor research tool, you can find out for which keywords your competitors have placed their ads on Google. It also offers a PPC ad rank tracker tool that can track the rankings of your PPC keywords.
- Unlimited Domain/ Keyword Search Results
- Monitor your PPC competitors
- Find out the missing PPC keyword opportunities
- Research your competitor’s SEO keywords
- Check the backlink of your competitors by keyword
- Track your SEO keyword rankings
- Do social outreach to influencers to get quality backlinks
- Generate keyword ideas and filter them by search volume, keyword difficulty, and CPC
|LIMITED TIME OFFERS
Mangools is a great SEO tool because of its easy-to-use user interface and offers the best value for your money. It is an all-in-one SEO tool that will fit your budget easily. With Mangools, you can find the perfect keywords for your niche, get SEO metrics of any Google search results, track the rankings of your pages, find out powerful backlink opportunities, and find out the authority of your competitor’s websites.
Mangools offers many SEO tools such as SERPChecker, KWFinder, SERPWatcher, SiteProfiler, SERP Simulator, Link Miner, SERP Volatility Checker, and SEO Browser Extension.
It also offers free learning materials such as tool guides, SEOpedia, the complete SEO guide for beginners, and an on-page SEO guide. If you are having issues using the tools of Mangools, then you can also check the how-to guide of that particular tool.
- Find long-tail keyword opportunities
- Get the data of local SERPs for over 50k locations
- Track the rankings of your pages daily
- Replicate backlinks to increase the authority of your website
- Check the authority of any domain or URL
- Check the domain strength using the browser extension
- Get the exact search volume for any keyword using the SERP simulator
Ubersuggest is one of the best free tools available in the market. This tool is created by the marketing & SEO expert Neil Patel. It is a tool suggested for keyword research by Neilpatel. that can help you quickly find profitable keywords for which you can easily rank.
Using this tool, you can also identify the search intent behind any keyword because it shows you the top SERP results for its long tail and short variations.
You can generate as many keywords as you want with Ubersuggest. It also shows you key metrics for a particular keyword, such as seasonal trends, keyword volume, competitors, and CPC.
It also offers you the domain overview, top-ranking pages for a keyword, related keyword suggestions, content ideas, and backlink data.
- Find profitable keywords with low keyword difficulty
- Use the site audit feature to check your website for issues
- Check the daily ranking changes in your pages
- Analyze your competitors and scrap their strategy
- Track all your backlinks & find opportunities to get high-quality backlinks
- Create multiple projects to keep track of all of them
- Get SEO training & support
|Monthly (save 70%)
|Lifetime (save 90%)
12. Google Search Console
If you want to rank your pages on Google, then there is no better tool you can use than Search Console. This tool was previously known as Webmaster tools. This tool gives you the perspective of Google for your website.
It can measure the traffic to your website and give you reports on any issues related to indexing and site maps. You can use Search Console’s suggestions to improve your website’s SEO.
To start using this tool, you will need to verify the ownership of your website. Using the Google Analytics tool, you can also connect your website to Google Search Console. Using google analytics is unnecessary, but you will have control over the indexing of your pages. You can get a complete overview of your website’s traffic, such as the engagement rate, how many clicks your pages are getting daily, and more.
- Check the number of clicks your website is getting daily
- Get the performance overview based on Google’s search results
- Inspect any URL of your website
- Check if your website is facing any coverage issue
- Get your sitemap indexed
- Get data on core web vitals
- Request indexing for any URL of your website
Pricing: Completely free of cost.
13. Majestic SEO tools
Majestic SEO tools is a great marketing SEO tool because it offers many marketing and SEO tools similar to Semrush. The Majestic million is one of its unique features that lets you check the ranking of the top million websites.
The rankings are a bit similar to the Ahrefs rankings parameter. If you want an overview of any domain, enter its URL in the site explorer tool, which will show you all the domain details.
It also gives you the option to export all the data in CSV files so you can use it to your advantage. Majestic is also one of the best SEO tools, and they have been adding new features and improving the existing ones ever since.
That’s why many experts prefer Majestic over other SEO tools. You can also build your SEO campaigns using the Citation Flow and Trust Flow feature of Majestic.
- Generate profitable keyword ideas with the keyword generator
- Use the bulk backlink checker to check all the backlinks of your domain
- Create custom reports
- Get the report on your site’s health with the site audit feature
- Track your pages for specific keywords
- Developer API option is also available
- Compare your domain with your competitor’s
|ALL WEBSITE TOOLS
WooRank is another SEO tool in our list that gives in-depth details of any domain. It offers a free SEO tool called website review, which analyzes your website and provides the core with insights into your website.
It also offers paid tools that can help you with SEO and marketing. You can use the data WooRank provides to boost the rankings, traffic, sales, and leads. To check your website’s score for free, you just need to enter your website’s URL in the search box.
It is the only marketing tool you will need for your website. You can also review as many websites as possible and generate custom reports to share with anyone. It offers tools like competitive analysis, technical website audits, keyword research & tracking, white-label reports, and instant website reviews.
- Understand your visitors & their behavior
- Track the rankings of your pages for specific keywords
- Find competitors and analyze them
- Run a complete SEO analysis of any domain
- Create actionable SEO tasks for your website
- Create your own branded reports
- Generate leads using its lead generation tool
|YEARLY BILLED (4 months free)
15. Advanced Web Ranking
Advanced Web Ranking is a tremendous SEO tool for tracking a large volume of keywords. You can track your keywords on a hyper-specific level, including the search engine results feature.
You can track around 4000+ search engine results and more than 1770+ countries for not only just Google but also Amazon, YouTube, etc.
The advanced web ranking tool also performs a deep competitor analysis, including deep metrics like market share, estimated page views, visits, and new competitors.
- It Provides hyper-specific local SEO results
- Reliable SERP data for 4000+ search engines and 170+ countries
- Keyword opportunity discovery
- You can white-label reporting and export them
- Allows you to monitor your competitor’s performance in SERPs
- Keep track of your competitor’s keyword strategies and gather the related keywords
|ANNUAL (Save 10%)
AuthorityLabs is an SEO rank-tracking software that is accurate & reliable. It has a very smooth interface that is user-friendly. If you have multiple sites, then you can use AuthorityLabs to set them up completely and optimize the SEO campaigns of those websites. It offers you tools to monitor, track, and also improve the performance of your keywords. You can monitor keywords to see how they are performing on search engines.
It also allows you to track your competitor’s keywords so that you can compare your and your competitor’s keyword performance side by side. AuthorityLabs completely focuses on tracking and improving the performance of your keywords; that’s why it is one of the best rank tracking tools. AuthorityLabs gives two solutions, and they are AuthoriyLabs Rank Tracker and AuthorityLabs Data Services.
- Track keywords for local and global for different cities and countries
- Keyword research tools with keyword-targeting features
- 14-days free trial available for all the plans
- Track keywords for multiple domains
- Add your team for team collaboration
- Get daily updates on your keywords
- White labeling feature is available for reports
Pricing: AuthorityLabs comes with four pricing options. The plus plan costs $49/mo, the pro plan costs $99/mo, the pro plus plan costs $225/mo, and the enterprise plan costs $450/mo.
Best Free SEO Tools of February 2024
Here are some of the best free SEO tools for you to try.
17. Google Analytics
If you want to know whether your SEO efforts are fruitful for your website or not, then you will need an analytics tool such as Google Analytics. It is one of the most used analytics available on the internet. It also helps you see where your website’s traffic is coming from. Whenever you make some optimizations on your website, you can see the results of those optimizations on Google Analytics.
It gives you access to plenty of data for your website, which you can use to improve your website quite a bit. You can also see real-time activities which are happening on your website on Google Analytics. It can be a tedious task to set up Google Analytics for your website; that’s why I have created a step-by-step guide here to help you set up Google Analytics easily.
18. Google Keyword Planner
If you don’t have the budget to buy a keyword research tool, then you can use this free keyword research tool from Google. If you are looking for keywords for Google Ads, then Google Keyword Planner is the best tool for you. Its data is believed to be the most accurate because it is a tool from Google itself.
We have also experimented with Google Keyword Planner and found it this statement is not completely true because the search volume of the keywords is not always accurate. There is one more limitation to Google Keyword Planner, and it is the inability to show the exact average monthly searches. It only shows a range of average monthly searches.
RankMath is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins that help you in optimizing your website’s content. It allows you to add the Meta Title, Permalink (Slug), and Meta Description of any of your website’s pages. To use this plugin, all you need to do is download it from the plugins section of WordPress and activate it on your website and start optimizing your content.
RankMath also helps you with checking the Google Search Console data of your website directly on the WordPress dashboard, URLs redirects, tracking the rankings of your keywords, and finding any broken links and fixing them. RankMath also gives your pages a score, and the better score it has, the better chances it will have of ranking on the search engines.
SEOQuake is a free SEO Chrome Extention offered by Semrush. This Extension shows you all the SEO parameters of a website while browsing on the internet. You can conduct an on-page SEO audit of a website with just a click. Apart from that, it can also examine external & internal links of a website, compare URLs and domains in real-time, and export the entire data in a file format.
With their Link Examiner tool, you can examine the quality of the links and see the anchor text in which the link is given. You can adjust the parameters and metrics of SEO Quake to only show the important ones in the report. SEOQuake can audit your website SEO in a flash and show you the SEO performance of your website. You can share the exported reports with anyone you want.
21. Google Trends
Google Trends is another great SEO tool that is underutilized by the SEO community. If you’re a complete beginner in the SEO field, then you can get started with Google Trends right away. The best thing about this tool is that using it is very straightforward, and it gives you many important metrics that everyone should consider while doing keyword research.
With Google Trends, you can find out trending ideas, topics, and keywords that you can explore and create content for to rank faster on Google. You need to look for only three things while doing keyword research on Google trends, and they are trends of the keyword over time, comparison between before & now of the keyword trend, and popular topics. You can easily see the trend of any keyword for any country and find profitable keywords for your business.
Sage Bonus: If you are planning to buy these SEO tools, now is the best time as the Black Friday SEO Deals are LIVE!
Conclusion: Which is the best SEO Tools of 2024?
So this is our handpicked list of best paid & free SEO tools. Now the only question remains: Which one should you choose?
If you want advanced marketing & SEO features, then you should go with Semrush. But if you wish to ease of use and more data on your website, you should consider Ahrefs. Google’s Search Console is a must-use tool for your website because it will give you daily activity reports.
All-in-all it all comes down to your requirements & budget. We hope you can choose an SEO tool from our list. Let us know your thoughts on this list in the comment section below.
Use a combination of these SEO tools to analyze and buy expired domains that can potentially give you a high percentage of profit. Check out this guide to know how to buy an expired domain and the common platforms to get them from.
FAQ on SEO tools
You don’t need to use expensive SEO tools to rank your website. Using these SEO tools, you can improve site speed, analyze data, improve rankings, fix broken links, and even audit your website. These are the best SEO tools for beginners, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Ubersuggest, Google Keyword Planner, GTmetrix, Check My Links and Open Link Profiler.
You can manage your website’s SEO if you are well-versed in SEO strategies.
The paid SEO tools depend on several factors, as every website’s requirements are different regarding SEO optimization. Here are a few SEO tools which are worth purchasing for your website: Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Moz Pro.
It usually takes nearly 3-6 months to see results for your SEO efforts with the help of leading SEO tools.
First, you need to calculate our return on investment (ROI) to estimate how much you need to spend. Things you’ll need to spend money on:
Hiring SEO professionals costs you around $500-$1,500 per month for small web pages.
Going with a comprehensive SEO strategy and top digital marketing agencies costs around $20,000 per month for large-scale web pages.
For SEO tools, you can choose free SEO software or purchase subscriptions.