Searching for a better alternative to Surfer SEO? If that’s the case, we have just the thing for you. We have prepared a handpicked list of the best Surfer SEO alternatives to help you decide which tool will be the best option for you.
Surfer SEO is an amazing on-page optimization tool that is gaining popularity quickly. It helps you create SEO-optimized content and optimize existing content to get better rankings. It offers tools like a SERP analyzer, content editor, keyword research, content planner, etc. But not everyone will like Surfer SEO; that’s why they look for its alternatives.
We suggest checking our detailed review of Surfer SEO to get an insider view.
Many tools are available in the market that offers similar tools as Surfer SEO but choosing one among them is challenging. We have brought you this handpicked list of Surfer SEO alternatives. We have compared all these tools based on their key features and pricing.
Let’s get on with the list.
Here are The 8 Alternatives to Surfer SEO (2023)
- Page Optimizer Pro
- Content Harmony
Here are our top two recommendations after trying all eight tools.
We have also made a thorough comparison between Surfer SEO vs. Frase.
Frase is one of the best content outline creation and SEO optimization tools that can quickly help you create a flow in your content creation. You can create a content brief for your existing post or a new blog post with its content brief feature. If you face writer’s block, you can use its AI writer to create the best SEO-optimized content. Similar to Surfer SEO, it also analyzes pages based on geo-location.
Frase offers a content optimizer tool that can help you find out what type of content your competitors are covering. It also helps you see what type of heading & section they include in their content. The topic score feature shows you the score of your content for a particular topic. If you write the content in Frase’s editor, you can see your topic score in real-time.
If you want to know more about Frase.io, check our detailed Frase Review.
- Generate content briefs in a few minutes
- Use Frase AI to create SEO-optimized content
- Intuitive text editor
- Topic score feature to help you create better content
- Identify the keywords you need to include in your content using the Content Optimization feature
- Find out better content opportunities using the Content Analytics tool
- Get the best FAQ suggestions for a keyword
- Automated header generation
Pricing: You can try Frase for seven days at just $1. Other than that, it offers three premium pricing options. The solo plan starts at $19.99/mo or $16.99/mo annually, the basic plan starts at $44.99/mo or $39.99/mo annually, and the team plan starts at $114.99/mo or $99.99/mo annually. They also offer a 7-day money-back guarantee on all their plans.
2. Page Optimizer Pro
Kyle Roof created Page Optimizer Pro, and it is one of the best on-page SEO tools because Kyle incorporated years of his SEO expertise into this tool. With this tool, you can easily create perfectly optimized pages for Google. POP is so flexible that even an SEO beginner can easily understand and use it.
It uses a US-patented ranking factor scoring system that helps you find out what things you need to include on your page to get better rankings and more traffic. It also tells you the exact placements of keywords, LSI terms, header tags, keyword variations, word count range, and schema you need to cover on your pages. POP is for online marketers, SEO experts, copywriters, affiliate marketers, and freelancers.
If you want to get detailed insights into Page Optimizer Pro, then check our in-depth Page Optimizer Pro Review here.
- Patented Ranking Factor Scoring System
- Over 400 tests back the Scientific On-page SEO method of POP
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Select your own competitors with a full-control setup feature
- Express setup feature where the AI automatically chooses relevant competitors
- Create content brief using the POP content brief tool
- Access to POP Chrome Extension
- Use the POP content editor to optimize your pages in a better way
Pricing: There are two types of pricing plans available on Page Optimize Pro. In the single-user plans, there are three pricing options. The basic plan costs $22/mo, and you can also get a 7-day free trial of this plan only. The premium plan costs $33/mo, and the unlimited plan costs $44/mo or $429/year.
The agency plans are based on the number of sub-accounts. For 1-5 sub-accounts, you need to pay $87/mo or $859/year. For 6-10 sub-accounts, you need to pay $99/mo or $979/mo. For 11-20 sub-accounts, you need to pay $109/mo or $1089/year.
Clearscope is also an amazing Surfer SEO alternative, and it was one of the first content optimization tools on the internet. The long-form content created using Clearscope is widely loved by users and Google. You can see the content grade while you’re writing the content. With its optimization feature, you can do keyword research and optimize your content simultaneously.
The content editor feature of Surfer SEO works similarly to Clearscope’s optimize feature. All you need to do is enter your main keyword, and based on the top-ranking competitors; it will show the word count, LSI terms you need to add to your content. You can also improve readability and create the best content for your target audience.
- Clearscope WordPress plugin to help you edit your content on the WP editor
- Google Docs integration
- High-quality content optimization
- Use writing assistant features to write the best quality content
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Update your existing content with Clearscope
- Clearscope supports over five languages
- Free live training at the time of onboarding
Pricing: There are two pricing options available on Clearscope. The essentials plan costs $170/mo, and the professional plan costs $350/mo. You can also create an enterprise plan based on your requirements.
Like Frase, MarketMuse is also a content optimization and content planning tool that can help you curate high-quality content that ranks easily on search engines. With this tool, you can optimize your content, create post outlines, analyze the content gap, and create executive summaries. On the dashboard, it offers features like compete, research, questions, connect, and optimize.
With its research feature, you can find out the LSI terms you need to include in your content based on the main keyword. Enter your post URL in the Compete section, and it will compare your page with top competitors and tell you what changes you need to make to gain a competitive advantage over your competitors. Similar to Surfer SEO, MarketMuse also shows the content score of your content and the terms you need to add to improve that score.
- Find out the missing LSI terms on your content with the Research feature
- Analyze your post using the Compete feature
- Optimize your content in a better way with the Optimize feature
- Enter a keyword to find FAQs suggestions
- Use the Connect feature to improve the external and internal linking of your blog posts
- Create content briefs to write the best content
- Find best content opportunities in the Inventory & Applications section
Pricing: MarketMuse offers three pricing options. The free plan is free forever, and it offers limited access to MarketMuse features. The standard plan costs $7200/year, and the premium plan costs $12,000/year. The pricing is a bit expensive, but MarketMuse’s features justify it.
Topic is also one of the best alternatives to Surfer SEO because it focuses on solving your content-related problems. As we all know that proper research is needed before writing an article. After doing thorough research, you can understand the search intent of your users. But manual research takes a lot of time; that’s why Topic does all the research for you within a few minutes instead of hours.
With Topic, you can create high-quality content briefs for your writers so that they can cover everything that needs to be covered in an article. You can optimize your content in a better way with their content editor. You can find out your audience’s questions for a particular keyword, and you can answer those in your content.
- Create the best SEO-optimized content
- Enter your focus keyword and get the best content brief in a few minutes
- Create outlines for your writers
- Optimize your content with its content optimizer tool
- Analyze your existing content with the Content Analysis tool
- Search for profitable keywords using the keyword research tool
- Google Docs and WordPress Integration
Pricing: There are three pricing options available on Topic. The starter plan costs $99/mo or $80/mo annually, the plus plan costs $199/mo or $160/mo annually, and the premium plan costs $299/mo or $240/mo annually.
6. Content Harmony
Content Harmony is another perfect alternative to Surfer SEO because it classifies search intent and gives a data-driven workflow and the content structure of your competitor to help you write the best SEO-optimized content possible. It not only gives you keywords to work with but also visual research on the content, questions that people are asking on the web related to the keyword, search intent analysis, and so on.
Surfer SEO offers in-depth keyword analysis, and all the data you see in there is AI-driven, whereas Content Harmony provides a broader understanding to the content writers of any particular keywords by providing the best content brief possible. Identifying search intent is the most important part of creating a content brief, and Content Harmony quickly identifies search intent behind any keyword.
- In-depth search intent analysis
- AI-driven topic analysis
- Detailed keyword reports
- Check your competitor’s content outlines
- Generate content briefs for your team
- A new way to understand the keyword difficulty
- Research people also ask for questions for your content
- Analyze video content visually
Pricing: Content Harmony offers two pricing options. The standard plan costs $99/mo or $1069/year, and the pro plan costs $299/mo or $3229/year.
WriterZen is a fairly new tool when it comes to creating SEO-optimized content or optimizing existing content, but its features make it one of the best alternatives to Surfer SEO. IWriterZen has tools that can help you create unique content, find keyword opportunities, and optimize content for search engines. The keyword research tool of WriterZen works similarly to Ahrefs and Semrush.
It has a topic discovery tool that helps you find keywords, untapped topics, and content ideas that you need to cover on your website to boost organic traffic of your website. Using WriterZen’s features, you can get accurate content metrics of your website directly from the Google database. You can create topical authority and proper content workflow for your project to satisfy Google’s E-A-T.
- 7-day free trial that doesn’t require your credit card info
- Uncover new content ideas
- Target competitive headlines
- Utilize search intents
- Create keyword clusters
- Spy on competitors
- Create content using an AI assistant
- In-built templates to create outlines
- Check plagiarism of your content
Pricing: WriterZen offers three pricing options. The basic plan costs $39 per month or $324 per year, the standard plan costs $59 per month or $492 per year, and the advanced plan costs $99 per month or $828 per year.
Scalenut is a content and SEO optimization platform that offers you tools like SEO writing, content optimizer, topic cluster, etc. Scalenut uses the latest GPT-3.5 technology to give the best results. You can use this tool to find keywords and other vital metrics, such as keyword volume, CPC (Cost Per Click), and keyword difficulty.
You can use its topic cluster analysis tool to find topics to become an authority for a specific niche or topic. To help you make your content more engaging, it shows you the search intent for keywords, user behavior, and questions that people are asking on the SERP. It has over 40 copywriting frameworks, templates, and site copies that can help writers in creating the best SEO-optimized content.
- AI writer that generates 1500+ word articles within minutes
- NLP key terms to optimize your content for SEO
- Choose a tone of voice
- Create automated briefs
- Find keyword opportunities
- Add credible statistics to your content
- Fix on-page issues
- Make your page SERP and user friendly
Pricing: There are three pricing options available on Scalenut. The essential plan costs $39/month or $20/month, paid yearly. The growth plan costs $79/month or $40/month, paid yearly. The pro plan costs $149/month or $75/month, paid yearly.
More SEO Related:
- Semrush Review
- Clearscope Alternatives
- Domain Rating vs Domain Authority
- Affiliate Marketing Statistics
Conclusion: Which Surfer SEO alternative is for you?
So this is our list of best Surfer SEO alternatives, and now the only question remains: Which one should you choose?
We recommend you give Frase a try because it is our go-to tool for content briefs and content optimization after Surfer SEO, and it is also budget-friendly. But if you want a tool with better content optimization features, you should try out MarketMuse. The only issue with this tool is that it is costly. But if you have the budget for it, it can help you a lot.
We hope that you can decide which SEO tool will be best for you with this list of best Surfer SEO alternatives. Let us know your thoughts on these tools in the comment section below.