Blogging is still very much relevant in 2023. Over 400 million internet users read approximately 20 billion blog posts each month. As a result, 55% of marketers consider blogging to be their major content marketing technique.
Do you wish to have a blog for your business soon? Or, if you already have one, are you looking to optimize it? This post will help you in both cases.
In this post today, I’ve gathered and compiled all the up-to-date data about the blogging scene in the business world as of 2023. Let us have a look at the intresting insights below.
Business Blogging Statistics (Top Picks)
- 91% of B2B businesses and 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing as of 2023.
- 77% of fortune 500 companies have a dedicated blog.
- 55% of B2B markets think blogs are the best for moving potential clients through the sales funnel.
- A business that has blogs experiences 2 times more traffic through emails.
- Over 7 million blogs are posted on the internet every day.
- Blogging is the third most popular marketing strategy for businesses.
- Marketers that prioritize blogging experience a 13x more ROI.
- 70% of people prefer to learn about a company through a blog.
- Producing content is cheaper than traditional marketing by 62%.
- Businesses that post four or more blogs weekly get 3.5 times more traffic.
General Business Blogging Statistics
- Every month, 409 million people read around 20 billion blogs.
- 7.5 million blogs are posted across 1.98 billion websites on the internet every day. WordPress users alone post over 70 million blogs every month.
Here is a table showing the rough estimates of blog postings on the internet:
|Duration||No. of blogs posted|
|Every Day||7.5 million|
|Every Week||52.5 million|
|Every Month||225 million|
|Every Year||2.73 billion|
- Blogs get 77 million new comments every month. If readers are commenting on your posts, it signals Google that people are engaging with the post and engagement rate is one of the most crucial KPIs for ranking a website or page.
- More people are now pursuing blogging as a full-time carrier; in fact, there are nearly 32 million bloggers in the United States alone. This figure demonstrates that, along with businesses, people acknowledge the power of blogging.
- 73% of people Skim through a blog post. This means only 23% of people read through a blog post thoroughly. Integrating infographics into your blog posts is a great way to gain additional engagement.
- An ideal blog post has a word count between 1500 to 2500 words.
- Nearly 40% of the web is powered by WordPress, and 71% of WordPress websites post blogs written in English.
Sources: Optin Monster, Hubspot, Earthweb, GrowthBadger, SEMrush, WordPress.
Business Blog Usage Statistics
91% of B2B and 86% of B2C marketers are making use of content marketing in 2023. Here are some more statistics associated with the usage of blogging in the business field:
- 77% of Global fortune companies have a blog.
Back in 2019, just over half of Fortune 500 companies had a dedicated blog. Now that the percentage has climbed, it shows that even if you’re already at the top, blogging is a valuable marketing tool.
B2B Blog Statistics
If you work in B2B, you must be already aware that blogging must be approached differently than in B2C. This list of B2B blogging statistics provides some insight into how this works in practice.
- 91% of B2B businesses have a blog.
- LinkedIn is the best platform for posting B2B.
- 96% of B2B customers desire material from industry experts.
- Short articles are the highest-performing content, according to 31% of B2B organizations.
- B2B blogs that produce educational content obtain 52% more organic traffic than those that primarily offer company-related information.
- Case studies are used by 78% of B2B buyers while researching for the blog post.
- Only 29% of B2B organizations permit comments on blog postings.
- 24% of B2B companies use pop-ups on their blogs.
- In their blog postings, 65% of B2B organizations utilize stock pictures.
- 35% of B2B utilize “subscribe to our newsletter” as a prominent call-to-action.
- Top-performing B2B blog entries generate an average of 100 social media shares and 50 organic search views every month.
B2C Blog Statistics
This section highlights some B2C content marketing statistics. These statistics will most likely interest you if you work in fitness, fashion, health, or any other B2C industry.
- 55% of B2C marketers outsource the generation of blog content.
- B2C blog content receives 9.7x the number of shares as B2B blogs.
- B2C companies who blog generate 88% more monthly leads than those that do not.
- B2C organizations that blogged 11 or more times per month received more than four times the number of leads as those that blogged just 4-5 times per month.
- B2C marketers (36%) value visual content more than B2B marketers.
- 40% of B2C content marketers examine competition just once a year.
- 63% of B2C companies lack a clear content strategy.
- Social media posts are the most successful sort of content for B2C companies.
Source: Statista, BacklinkO, Hubspot, IAB, Hubspot, Content Marketing Institute.
Business Blogging ROI Statistics
- 55% of brands gain new clients due to blogging.
- B2b marketers that implement blogging gain 67% more leads than their counterparts that do not blog.
- A Hubspot study of 2,300 marketers revealed that brands with a dedicated blog experience a 126% higher lead growth.
- Writing a blog gets 94% more links to your website.
- Inbound content marketing campaign generates three times the leads compared to paid advertising.
- Half of the people who arrive at a brand’s blog are more likely to convert as compared to people coming through organic traffic.
- Depending on your needs, It costs anywhere between $40 to $900 to start a blog in 2023.
Sources: Oberlo, OptinMonster, Hubspot, Webtribunal, VisitorQueue, Ryrob, SEMrush.
How to Optimize a Business Blog?
- 36% of readers prefer blog headlines in a listicle form. Make sure you divide your brand’s blog into sections and give them proper headline tags. Here is a list
- Measuring a blog’s traffic is not enough to measure its success. What if you have a blog with 100,000 visitors, but most of them leave in under a couple of minutes?
So how do you go about measuring a blog’s success? Here are a few metrics you should note:
- Page Views.
- Average pages per session.
- Average time on page.
- Returning Visitors.
- Goal Conversion Rate.
- Although the ideal blog post is said to be 1500-2500 words long, the sweet spot is right at 2,450 words
To make things clearer for you, I have made a table that shows the correlation between blog posts and word count:
|Word Count||Blog Post|
|Less than 300.||These types of blogs are created to generate discussion and comments mainly. This word count isn’t ideal for SEO.|
|300-600 words.||This length was considered standard in the past; now, this word count is not enough to show authority.|
|600-1000 words.||These types of blog posts are most used for journalism and newspapers.|
|1,200-1,700 words.||In this window, you will get actual blog posts. Contents with this length get higher social shares and higher backlinks.|
|1,800-2,200 words.||This word count is ideal for “How to Articles”. Posts with this length have good opportunities for lead conversion and organic traffic from search engines.|
|2,300-2,500 words.||This is the peak of a blog post, The length which will give you the most scope for SEO and Backlink building.|
|Around 4,000 words.||This type of word count is in articles that cover a topic in detail. They are very much necessary.|
- Over 70% of bloggers update their old posts. Updating old posts is the second best blogging strategy; the first is, of course, posting fresh content.
- 40% of bloggers that always conduct keyword research have excellent results. We at Demandsage use Ahrefs and SEMrush to carry out keyword research.
- 40% of content marketers believe that unique images, such as infographics, perform well in their blogs. So, to optimize your blog for better engagement, make sure you include enticing infographics. Here is our take on the facts and figures about infographics.
- 58% of customers trust content prepared by editors.
Sources: SEMrush, Wix, Demandsage, Niel Patel.
Conclusion: Business Blogging Statistics (2023)
Whatever your business may be, your blog material is an essential component of any monetization plan. It attracts new clients, informs them about your specialty, your company, and what you have to offer, and helps them through the purchasing process.
I hope this collection of business blogging statistics taught you something new. Use these statistics to better write and optimize your business blog and grow.
I’d want to hear your thoughts too. Is there a content statistic missing from this list? Please leave a remark to let me know.