81% of people skim the online post they read. That changes when there are infographics involved. Not only do our minds perceive visuals better, but the flow of carefully picked important points makes the information stick even when our attention spans are short.
The age-old myth that infographics can hamper SEO ranking due to the absence of text is long gone, Image SEO is a huge thing, and you can even make responsive graphics to engage people with the content.
Ultimately, user satisfaction is the best way to win the SERP results. In this post, I have researched and come up with essential statistics related to infographics and their usage that will help you build a strong marketing campaign in 2023.
Infographic Statistics (Top Picks)
- Image results are shown for 27.9% of search queries on Google.
- 3% of clicks on google search results go to image blocks.
- 62% of millennials demand visual search more than any other technology.
- 92.96% of the world’s internet traffic comes from Google Search, Images, and Maps.
- Posts with images have a 650% higher engagement rate.
- Websites using infographics are witnessing a 12% higher traffic growth than the rest.
- An infographic is 30 times more likely to be read than an article with the same content.
- The word ‘Infographic’ has a global search volume of 71,000.
- The usage of infographics enhances the drive to read by 80%.
- 81% of readers skim blogs.
Infographic Usage Statistics.
It is clear by now that infographics are trending, but the question is, how, when, and who are using these infographics? In this section, I will try to answer these questions via facts and figures.
- 60% of businesses have used infographics in their content strategy.
- 55% of marketers create social media infographics more than any other visual media.
- 62% of content creators make use of infographics twice a week.
- Instagram and LinkedIn are the top two social media platforms to use infographics.
- 65% of brands integrate infographics in their content marketing strategy.
- 56% of professionals use infographics for ALL their marketing purposes.
- 84% of people in a review by infographic world said that using infographics has been very useful for them.
- Using colored infographics can boost a reader’s attention span and comprehensibility by 82%.
- 39.7% of marketers in the United States use online tools to create infographics and other types of visual content.
How People Interact with Infographics
This section highlights how people on the internet interact with infographics. This section will help you optimize your infographic campaign in the best possible way.
- Readers retain 65% of the information when it is paired with a relevant infographic.
- 55% of the readers are more likely to accept a message in colors rather than black and white.
- 45% of the netizens will click on a link if they see an infographic in it.
- Users are 30 times more likely to initiate a payment when prompted by visuals.
- Colored infographics have a very high (80%) motivation rate.
- People who receive their health data in the form of infographics are 2.84x more likely to understand their condition better.
- 50% of users are more focused on content with images.
- A study by MIS research revealed that people are convinced 43% more when they see a graphical representation of any topic.
- 67% of users consider having visuals that are brief yet detailed more valuable than text.
- 70% of users claim that content marketing campaigns help them feel connected better with the company.
General Infographic Statistics
Here is a set of miscellaneous yet important infographic statistics.
- Infographics are responsible for 78% more information retention.
- Infographics can be processed 60 times faster than plain text.
- Businesses that use infographics are 28% more likely to find the information they need.
- Over 10% of the budget in 65% of businesses is dedicated to visual content.
- 43% of marketers say that creating consistent quality visual content is one of the biggest hurdles they face in their jobs.
- Nearly 37% of people click on the first link of infographics.
- Posts with infographics create 178% additional inbound backlinks.
Sources: Pew Research, 99Firms, Hubspot, Pestle Analysis.
Social Media Infographic Statistics
4.7 billion people are using social media today; the amount of power that social media holds in making and breaking brands is enormous. Visual content is the backbone of every social media campaign strategy, and integrating infographics into the strategy is vital. This set of statistics will help you curate the best possible visual content strategy for your business.
- People like and share infographic content 3x more than any other content on social media platforms.
- These increased number of shares resulted in 94% extra infographic views.
- Facebook posts with images have two times more engagement rate.
- Tweets that include a visual are 150% more likely to be shared.
- 74% of marketers prefer to have photos in their social media posts.
- The popularity of infographics is growing on social media due to the decrease in the attention span of users.
- The ideal size of a Facebook Infographic should be:
- 1200 x 628 pixels for the shared post images.
- 1,080 x 1,920 pixels with aspect ratio of 1.91:1 for Facebook stories.
- The ideal size of an Instagram Infographic should be:
- 1,080 x 1,080 pixels for square images.
- 1,080 x 566 pixels for horizontal images.
- 1,080 x 1,350 pixels for vertical image.
- 1,080 x 1,920 pixels for Instagram stories.
- The ideal size of a Pinterest Infographic should be:
- 600 x 900 pixels.
- The ideal size of a LinkedIn Infographic should be:
- 1,104 x 736 pixels.
- The ideal size of a Snapchat infographic should be:
- 1,080 x 1920 pixels.
- The ideal size of a Twitter infographic should be:
- 1,200 x 675 pixels for a single image or GIF.
Responsive Infographic Statistics
50% of total e-commerce revenue comes from smartphones. Like a responsive website is important for a better user experience and, ultimately, a better conversion rate, having responsive content on the website is crucial for enhanced user engagement. Here are some facts and figures to back up the importance of having responsive infographics.
- 66% of smartphone and tablet owners are frustrated with the loading time of pages. Responsive designs.
- There are around 250 different sizes of screens on the market.
- There are over 6 billion smartphone users in the world.
- 90% of users are using two or more devices simultaneously.
- 79% of people will leave a site if it isn’t responsive.
- 80% of consumers use their smartphones to shop on a regular basis.
Sources: Infographic site, Forbes, Webfx, Medium, Visual.ly.
Latest Trends In Infographics for 2023
We are in 2023, and infographics usage will only go up from this time onwards. The question now is, how do you stand out amongst all your competitors? The answer is right here! We have listed the top infographic trends for 2023 in the list below; implement them, and we are sure that you can harness the power of infographics in the coming days.
Let’s get into it, shall we?
- Implement responsive graphics.
- Focus on video infographics.
- focus on infographics that are mobile friendly.
- Use abstract artwork in your infographics.
- Make use of bright colors.
- Make use of art generated through artificial intelligence in your infographics.
Conclusion: Infographic Statistics (2023)
All the statistics mentioned above point towards one thing, visual content attracts more eyeballs and, eventually, better engagement. If infographics aren’t part of your marketing strategy, especially for social media, you need to add them right away!
You might also want to check our other statistical articles if you liked this one.