TikTok has recently launched its music streaming service called TikTok Music, which is expected to compete with Spotify and Apple Music. Currently, the service is available in just five countries. However, it will soon roll out to other countries as well.
Learn everything about the latest sensation from our detailed review of TikTok Music.
We have compiled all the TikTok Music Statistics for 2024 that I could get my hands on in this post. Know the numbers behind why TikTok took this decision and how it plans to go forward with it.
Here we go:
TikTok Music Statistics 2024: At a Glance
- TikTok Music is currently available in Indonesia, Brazil, Australia, Singapore, and Mexico.
- Indonesia and Brazil are TikTok’s second and third biggest markets.
- While the service is only available to selected users till now, we do not have enough data on its number of users.
- TikTok Music costs between $5.99 to $18.99
TikTok Music Statistics In Depth
We will take a closer look at the numbers that lead TikTok to make a decision of entering the music streaming market and how it is currently holding up.
We will also cover its demographics and availability. Let us take you right into it:
TikTok Music Availability
TikTok Music can be accessed in 5 countries as of 2024.
TikTok Music can be accessed in Indonesia, Brazil, Australia, Singapore, and Mexico.
The platform will soon be available in the United States.
This Is How Much TikTok Music Will Cost Users
TikTok Music offers a 3-month trial to its users in the Beta version.
After that, users can choose between three pricing plans: Individual Plan, Student Plan, and Family Plan.
Here are the details about its pricing for Australia:
|$ 8.99 per month
|$ 5.99 per month
|$ 18.99 per month
Image source: Tiktok Music Australia
How does TikTok affect the billboard song charts?
TikTok affects billboard rankings like no other app. It also plays a significant role in recharting songs on billboards.
Here’s how TikTok can popularize a song:
- 67% of TikTok users are more likely to search for a song on music streaming services like Spotify or Apple Music after hearing it on TikTok.
Source: MRC data.
- More than 175 songs that trended on TikTok topped the Billboard Hot 100. These numbers were double as compared to the ones recorded in 2020.
- Fleetwood Mac’s song “Dreams” was initially released in 1977. However, the song was recharted on Billboard in 2020 as it was trending on TikTok.
- 67% of the TikTok users are teens, and due to the app, they are hopping back onto the 1970s hit songs.
Source: Pew Research.
Bonus: Want to know more about TikTok trends? Check out top TikTok trends to build your audience on the platform.
How does TikTok influence the music industry?
24% of the non-TikTok users discovered a new song on the platform and searched for it on a music streaming service.
At the same time, 29% of TikTok users said they purchased an artist’s merchandise after discovering them on TikTok or after discovering their songs.
Here is a table displaying the influence of TikTok on music popularity in the United States:
|Influence of TikTok
|Learned about an artist and followed them on social media
|Searched for a new song on a music streaming site after listening to it on TikTok
|Discovered an artist on TikTok that has now become a favorite.
|Shared an artist’s content or music on social media.
|Purchased an artist’s merchandise after discovering them on TikTok or after discovering their songs.
|Attended the concert of the same artist more than once.
|Met an artist in person
Will TikTok Music Survive the Music Streaming Market?
According to Midia Research, 40% of the active TikTok users on the app have a monthly paid subscription for a music streaming app, majorly Spotify and Apple Music.
On the other hand, 25% of the world’s population pays for at least one music streaming service.
This number proves that most TikTok users are willing to pay for a music streaming service.
All these numbers point in one direction: TikTok Music is predicted to enter the industry with a boom, with the advantage of a vast user base of 1.677 billion by TikTok.