No matter how big or small your company is, it would be better if you were leveraging video material to attract more clients.
How-to guides, vlogs, Reels, and other short-form videos, tutorials, product reviews, live streaming, and even video advertisements might all be included. Video marketing is expanding, just as social media usage is. Especially the short-form videos,
Still in doubt? Well, I bet by the end of this post, all your doubts will be cleared.
Here are some figures to illustrate why using video content in your marketing plan is a good idea.
Video Marketing Statistics (Top-Picks)
Take a look at Video marketing statistics in more detail here.
- There are 3.1 billion digital video viewers globally.
- 73% of marketers are using live streaming videos globally.
- 54% of businesses are using videos on their landing pages.
- Product Demos are businesses’ leading type of B2B video advertising.
- The influencer marketing market is 13.8 billion worldwide.
- A brand or company that people support should provide more video content, according to 54% of consumers.
- 64% of customers globally make purchases after going through the brand’s social videos.
- 92% of marketers now say that videos are a very important part of their marketing strategy as of 2022.
- A favorable ROI was recorded by 87% of video marketers.
- 86% of video marketers claim that video is successful in generating leads.
Video Marketing Usage Statistics
- In 2022, online video is expected to account for 82.5% of all web traffic, making it the most popular type of content on the internet.
- 86% of marketers are using videos as a content marketing tool.
- Since 2016, there has been a 25% growth in firms embracing video as a marketing strategy.
- 94 percent of marketers claim that video has improved customer knowledge of their goods or services.
Here is a table showing why marketers use video marketing:
|Reason for using Video Marketing||Share of marketers|
|Helps increase traffic||87%|
|Helps increase Dwell Time||82%|
|Helps increase understanding of product or service||94%|
|Helps generate leads||86%|
|Helps directly increase sales||81%|
|Helps reduce support calls||49%|
|Helps increase brand awareness||93%|
|Helps generate good ROI||87%|
- 23% of non-video marketers don’t utilize video for marketing and give “lack of time as a reason for it.
Here is a table showing why some marketers don’t use Video as a marketing tool:
|Reason for not using video marketing||Share of Marketers|
|Lack of time||23%|
|Lack of knowledge about where to begin||16%|
|Don’t feel the need for video marketing||13%|
|Uncertainty on the ROI of Video Marketing||7%|
|Inability to convince key decision makers to implement video marketing||5%|
- In 2022, 79% of non-video marketers (up 10 percent from the previous year) said they plan to begin utilizing video as a marketing strategy.
- 46% of marketers started using video marketing for the first time in 2021 due to the ease of creating videos in-house.
Here is a table showing why First Time video marketers are started to get into Video Marketing:
|Reason for starting to use Video Marketing||Share of First-Time Marketers|
|Videos are easy to create in-house||46%|
|easier to convince others in the business on the value of video content.||46%|
|video was made necessary by new challenges. Like Covid 19 Pandemic||43%|
|It has become quicker and less time-consuming to create a video.||38%|
|videos have become more affordable.||27%|
|It has become clearer on the ROI of video||22%|
Impact of Covid 19 Pandemic on Video Marketing
The Covid-19 pandemic has had its impact on all marketing strategies no matter big or small and video marketing is no exception. Let us take a look at how the pandemic has had its impact on the video marketing industry through important facts and figures.
- 64% of marketers claim that the covid 19 pandemic has impacted their 2021 plans and will keep on affecting them in 2022.
- Nearly 80% of consumers are engaging with more video content after the pandemic began.
- Video searches have a higher click rate (41%) than other first-page results.
- During this Coronavirus outbreak, 66 percent of firms used videos to communicate with important stakeholders.
- If a video has captions or subtitles, 80% of viewers are likelier to watch it entirely.
- 31% of organizations plan to increase their investment in online video software, while another 31% plan to maintain their current expenditure.
- By 2022, video is expected to account for 82% of all content generation, which is a 15-fold increase from 2017.
- More than 60% of customers anticipate more YouTube usage.
Consumer Perspective on Videos in 2022
During the start of 2022, online videos had a 91.4% audience reach among internet users globally. Video has become one of the most popular content consumption formats, ranging from meme content to product reviews. Music videos had the largest category reach, with 51% of responding internet users saying they view music videos online at least once a week.
Here are statistics that show how consumers are engaging with videos in 2022.
- Music videos are the most popular content type globally in terms of weekly usage reach as of 2022.
Here is a table showing the most popular types of video content:
|Video Content||Share of Respondents|
|Comedy, Meme, Viral Videos||36.7%|
|Tutorials and How To Videos||30.6%|
|Live Streaming Videos||29.5%|
|Product Review Videos||27.4%|
|Sports Clisp and Highlight Videos||26.3%|
|Vlogs and Influencer Videos||25.6%|
- To understand more about a product or service, 96% of consumers have seen an explainer video.
- 73% of users said they prefer watching short-form videos when they want to learn about a product or service.
- 88% of respondents claim that seeing a brand’s video influenced them to purchase a good or service.
- 78% of consumers claim that seeing a video influenced them to buy or download a piece of software or program.
- Online videos are seen by people on average for 19 hours each week. (This is a startling 8.5-hour increase each week over the previous four years and an increase of 1 hour each week compared to the previous one year)
- Wyzowl’s 2022 survey shows people watch an average of over 2.5 hours of video content every day.
Devices Used to stream videos
When setting up a video marketing strategy, knowing the devices consumers use to stream video is of utmost importance. Here are the key facts are figures associated with the same.
- Smartphones are the most popular devices used to stream videos online as of 2022.
Here is a table showing the top devices consumers use to stream videos online:
|#2||PC and Laptops|
- Roku is the most popular CTV device in the USA as of 2022.
Here is the list of the USA’s Top 10 CTV devices as of 2022:
|CTV Device||Market Share in USA|
- Samsung is the most popular CTV device in Canada as of Q1 2022 with a 44% reach. Roku ranks second with 21%, and Amazon on Third with 14%.
Sources: Statista, Pixalate.
Most Popular Channels for Video Marketing
The more video marketing platforms you utilize to distribute your video content, the better. However, if you post your videos on channels that aren’t relevant to your targeted audience, you’re wasting your time and resources because your potential buyers won’t see them. So conduct your study, figure out which social media platforms your target demographic prefers, then make videos tailored to that channel that will capture their interest.
Here are some key figures that will give you an overview of the most popular channels for video marketing.
- According to the Wyzowl survey, 88% of video marketers want to integrate YouTube into their video marketing strategy for 2022, while 68% want to include LinkedIn.
Here is a table showing which video marketing channel marketers prefer in 2022:
|Video Marketing Channel||Share of Marketers|
|Virtual Reality (VR)||14%|
Video Marketing and Social Media
In terms of social media video marketing, TikTok and Instagram are now two of the most well-liked video-sharing apps. It’s not just them, though. There are Youtube and Facebook, among other giants as well.
All these social media giants have unique demographics and figures; getting to know about them will help marketers design a video marketing strategy that will generate a greater ROI. So, without further due, let’s get into it.
Instagram Video Marketing Statistics
Take a look at Instagram Video Marketing statistics here.
- Instagram has 2 billion Monthly Active Users as of 2022, and they all interact with the Reels feature.
- Instagram has over 500 million daily active users.
- India is home to most Instagram users, followed by USA and Brazil.
- You can post videos on various Instagram features like Storie, IGTV, Reels (BTW, reels are now 90 seconds long!), and even a regular feed. The platform also allows you to go Live and interact with followers.
- Most Instagram Users (61.6%) are from these age groups.
- People aged above 65 only make 2.1% of the total user base.
- Males make up 50.7% of Instagram users while females make up 49.3%
Click Here for – Detailed Instagram Statistics.
Tik Tok Video Marketing Statistics.
Take a look at Tik Tok statistics in more detail here.
- Tik Tok has over 1.39 billion monthly active users as of 2022.
- People watch over 1 billion videos on Tik tok daily.
- On TikTok, advertisers can access 885 million people who are at least 18 years old.
- People can now post 10-minute-long Tik Toks.
- In one online minute, TikTok members watch 167 million hours of video
- Entertainment is the most popular category on Tik Tok.
- Females make up 57% of Tik tok Users while Males make up 43%.
Click Here for – Detailed TikTok Statistics.
Facebook Video Marketing Statistics
- Facebook has 2.94 monthly active users as of Q2 2022.
- 79% of Facebook’s MAUs are DAUs.
- 72% of Facebook users also use YouTube and Instagram.
- Facebook is the most preferred social media platform by people aged between 35 to 44.
- Facebook also has a Reels feature, which is available in 150 countries.
- With 42.6 percent of the users sharing in live video, Facebook trails YouTube.
- Males make up 56.6% of Facebook users, while females make up 43.4%.
LinkedIn Video Marketing Statistics
- Currently, there are more than 840 million LinkedIn users globally.
- 59.1% of LinkedIn’s user base consists of people between the ages of 25 and 34.
- The most successful type of advertising on LinkedIn is sponsored postings, and guess what, you can sponsor post videos too!
- LinkedIn is the best platform for B2B marketing.
- Most LinkedIn users are from the Asia Pacific region.
- Compared to conventional videos, LinkedIn Live broadcasts produce seven times more reactions and 24 times more comments for companies.
- LinkedIn users are 20 times more likely to share a video post.
Click here for – Detailed LinkedIn Statistics.
Youtube Video Marketing Statistics
- Youtube has more than 2.5 billion active users as of 2022.
- YouTube is the world’s largest video-sharing network as well as the second-largest social media platform.
- Males account for 53.9 percent of YouTube users, while females account for around 46.1 percent of the user base.
- YouTube users watch 1 billion hours of video daily.
- The average YouTube user is between the ages of 25 and 34.
- India has the most YouTube users, with 467 million users.
- The United States comes in second with 247 million people.
- Youtube also has an option to post short-form videos known as youtube shorts.
- The maximum duration of youtube shorts is 60 seconds.
Click Here for – Detailed Youtube Statistics.
Short form Video Statistics
People’s attention span has drastically decreased during the previous ten years. It can be partly attributable to the technological comforts we have grown accustomed to. This is one of the factors contributing to the success of platforms like TikTok, Instagram reels, Facebook reels, Youtube, etc., and the rise in popularity of short-form videos.
Marketers are going behind short-form videos to promote their products. With these statistics, even you can integrate a short-form video segment into your video marketing strategy.
- Short-form video provides the greatest ROI of any social media marketing tactic, according to a new HubSpot analysis on 2022 marketing trends.
- Approximately 68% of users will cheerfully watch a short corporate video of under one minute.
- when marketers were asked what trends they would be leveraging for the first time in 2022, 29% said short-form video content
- Instagram and TikTok are the two most popular platforms for posting short-form video content.
- Short-form video is used by 51% of advertisers who want to raise their spending in 2022. 38%, on the other hand, intend to keep investing the same amount.
- According to over 47% of marketers surveyed by Hubspot, short-form videos have the greatest chance of going viral.
- On TikTok, 66% of marketing organizations collaborate with influencers. Additionally, they rate it fifth in terms of ROI when using influencers.
- The most effective content for short-form videos, according to 68% of marketers, is interactive and humorous.
Sources: Hubspot, Forbes, Meta, influencer marketing hub.
Conclusion: Video Marketing Statistics (2022)
Video content is growing leaps and bounds on social media and showing on top of search engine result pages. If you want to leverage the power of videos to get more traffic, generate more sales and leads, or want to get your story to the masses in a short time. Videos are the place to be.
This set of video marketing statistics will help you design an efficient video marketing strategy in 2022. Let us know if you have any more suggestions in the comments below; we will be happy to hear them.