I remember the days when being a podcaster used to be very knotty and sophisticated.
Just to record a podcast, I used to go through very complicated processes like professional recording setup and creating background-noise-filled podcasts on my smartphone every day. This used to be a very time-consuming process to handle.
BUT Big Thanks to many smart podcast recording software and audio editing software. They have made this journey very ‘Easy’ for everyone.
ARE YOU at your early stage in this podcast journey and seeking perfect guidance on How to choose the best Podcast recording software to fulfill your needs, budget, and setup?
Our #1 Pick — Podcastle AI 🎯
Podcastle AI is our #1 choice for podcast recording software.✌
Start recording your podcasts with Podcastle AI.🔥
I’ll make this journey easier.
I will share some of my Research on podcast recording software that made my journey so much easier.
Back then, when I was on the pathway that you are on today, I was also getting confused with questions like,
- What are the different software to record the podcast?
- How to use the podcast recording software?
- Which is the best podcast recording software?
- How much does this software cost?
Well, let’s find out!
Top 16 Podcast Recording Software: In A Nutshell (2023)
|Sr. No.||Podcast Recording Software||Best Feature||Price|
|1.||Podcastle AI||AI-Powered Podcast Editing Tool||Free|
|2.||Audacity||Best for beginners||Free|
|3.||GarageBand||Free Podstation for Mac users||Free|
|4.||Anchor||Record the Podcast directly from the Smartphone||Free|
|5.||Adobe Audition||Best quality Podcast Recording||$20.99/month|
|6.||Buzzsprout||Voice smoother feature||$12/month|
|7.||RSS.com||Track and Monitor your Podcast with Ease.||$4.99/month – $8.25/month|
|8.||Hindenburg Journalist||Best for Professional Touch||basic package – $99 one-time pay, Hindenburg Pro – $399|
|9.||Ringer||Simple, Handy and extraordinary Tools.||$7.99/month – $189.99/month|
|10.||Podbean||Amazing editing tools and sound effects. plus smartphone friendly.||plans vary from $14, $39, and $129 per month.|
|11.||Riverside||Record separate audio and video tracks for each participant||$19/month|
|12.||Logic Pro||Dolby Atmos Sound Integration||$199.99 Once|
|13.||Restream||Live streaming on multiple platforms at the same time||$16/mo – $249/mo|
|14.||Reaper||Best for recording multiple audio inputs||Discounted License – $60|
Commercial License – $225
|15.||Squadcast||Best for remote podcast recording||$20/month – $80/month|
|16.||Auphonic||Best for editing using AI||$13/month|
1. Podcastle AI
Want to use an AI-powered editing tool to edit and record your podcasts? Podcastle AI is the right option for you.
Podcastle AI is known as a one-stop solution for broadcast storytelling. In this web-based platform, you can record your podcasts in-studio audio quality and export your podcasts to multiple platforms seamlessly. Podcastle has been featured on platforms like Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, TechCrunch, and so on, which makes it a credible podcast recording software.
You can record your remote interviews and get local recordings on your device for each interview. It also has an audio transcription tool that converts audio into texts in just a few seconds which is great for embedding subtitles into your video podcasts. It also has a free online audio editor, which you can use to enhance, edit, or create audio.
- Remove background noise with the Magic Dust tool
- Text to Speech tool
- Audio Transcription
- Studio-level production quality
- Edit audio with the Revoice tool
- Record quality video interviews
- Silence Removal
- Podcastle watermark in video image in the free plan
- Only the iOS mobile app is available
Free Plan, Storyteller Plan – $12/mo, Pro Plan – $24/mo
The software tops our list of best podcasting software! The reason is due to its ease of use and extreme efficiency. Audacity is one of the best FREE software to record and edit podcasts. If you are a beginner and want to experiment with these tools then Audacity is the one!
Audacity comes with many features that can not only record your podcasts but also have editing tools like noise cancellation, simple trimming and cutting, and audio equalization.
- High-quality Audio
- Easy to handle audio editing options.
- Ease in import/Export audio formats.
- Amazing spectrogram view mode
- Supports many types of Plugins like LADSPA, LV2, Nyquist, VST, and Audio Unit effect
- Ease of keyboard shortcuts to track activities.
- No system to record with guests remotely on software.
- No live call system or email support.
Designed, exclusively for Mac users, GarageBand has been a go-to solution for your podcasts!
Well, in my opinion, GarageBand is the ideal podcast recording software for Mac users. It is a FREE audio podstation with simple, intuitive tools.
And the best part is you can create background music for your podcast from pro-recorded loops and synths. (That’s how I made my podcasts much more interesting!)
- Real smart control of the overall activities.
- Gives real-time effects and saves post-editing time.
- Allows various plug-ins to improve the recording experience.
- Allows adding infinite tracks to your podcasts.
- Ease of changing pitch and velocities of the track.
- You can download an iOS app to record and edit on the go.
- No manual recording system.
- Limited tools as it mainly focuses on music production.
A great option for podcasters who want to record their podcast directly from their Smartphones.
Owned by Spotify, Anchor.FM is the best option unless you’re hunting for straightforward and user-friendly podcast recording software. The reason is, that we found the interface a bit overwhelming for beginners compared to the other podcasting software.
Besides, it enables editing and creating episodes from your handset. Adding transition effects from this software can make your podcast simply amazing and unique. You can also add pro-recorded audio files to attach with your anchor recordings.
- Easy to create Episodes from recorded audio files.
- You can add tracks to your podcast episodes from Spotify Music.
- Podcast distribution across many platforms with a single click
- Utilize sponsorships and listener donations to monetize your podcast.
- Co-host your podcasts with friends or invite a variety of guests
- You can use analytics to monitor your effectiveness.
- Narrow set of editing tools.
- Limited recording time, as you can record only for 30 minutes on Chrome and 5 mins on Safari.
5. Adobe Audition
Want to record the best quality podcast? Get the Adobe Audition!
After having hands-on experience on FREE software, I started working with Adobe Audition.
More like Audacity, Adobe Audition is the paid software and comes with lots of more tools in better versions. While beginners may find it expensive, if you want to record podcasts of exceptional quality that sound wonderful on all platforms, Adobe Audition would be an ideal pick.
Adobe Audition has the ability to record podcasts simultaneously time with different microphones.
- Lots of templates for recording and editing.
- Many Royalty Free music and effects libraries.
- Multitrack recording.
- Monitors live as you record.
- Ease of Adding music, dialogue, SFX, and much more through Adobe’s own Audio Essential Sound Library
- You can remove unwanted surrounding sounds from the podcaster’s voice.
- Can be cumbersome for beginners.
- Not pocket-friendly.
the cost of Adobe Audition is $20.99 per month.
ALL IN ONE! That’s what I would refer to as Buzzsprout!
Buzzsprout is a fantastic podcast recording tool that offers various features like podcast production, hosting, development, and tracking. While the platform is ideally known for the best podcast hosting, the built-in recording tool offers a lot of features that make the entire podcast recording process easier.
Additionally, Buzzsprout allows you exposure to be on the most well-known platforms, like SoundCloud, Alexa, iHeartRadio, Spotify, and Apple Podcast.
My favorite part of Buzzsprout is ‘Magic Mastering.’ This exceptional feature adjusts your voice tone accordingly and makes it the best suitable to compete with the industry.
In addition to that, you get a 90-day FREE trial to get handy with the platform.
Buzzsprout offers four pricing plans starting at $12 per month.
- Promotes your podcast to help you grow its reach.
- Optimizes and analyzes your podcasts automatically.
- Easy to grasp podcast stats.
- Track the performance of your podcast based on demographics, regions, and more.
- Buzzsprout automatically optimizes different technical aspects of audio, including bit rate, ID3, or file type.
- Buzzsprout also helps you create your own website with custom domain and branding.
- Might be challenging for beginners
- Not much cost Friendly.
$12 per month
RSS.com is a great platform for all things podcasting. The platform has high-quality customer service that will assist you throughout the podcast recording and distribution process.
The cherry on top of this is they provide a platform that enables advertisers to identify your content and send your audience the most relevant adverts.
- For NGOs and students, the plan starts from $4.99/month.
- For the rest, An all-inclusive Podcasting Plan is available, it costs $8.25/month. (billed annually)
- Enables you to view your podcast statistics.
- Track your audience over time.
- The Episode scheduling option lets you schedule your podcasts at any time you desire..
- No WordPress Plugins
- Limited Free Plan.
$4.99/month – $8.25/month
8. Hindenburg Journalist
Another excellent podcasting software on the list is Hindenburg Journalist. It provides a wide range of editing tools and options for noise reduction, sound effects, and audio trimming. While the interface is straightforward with easy navigation, if you are dependent on recording your podcast manually, then you need to look for another option.
- Simple plug-and-play assembly
- Features remote recording plugins and additional audio effects
- Simple publishing to platforms that host podcasts, like Podbean and Buzsprout.
- Can be a little pricey (but this is a once-off cost)
- Remote recording quality depends on your internet connection.
basic package – $99 once off, Hindenburg Pro – $399.
Much like the Anchor, Ringer is also a handy recording platform that is available online and also through its mobile platform.
A simple recording process with various extraordinary editing tools to make the audio super smooth and amazing.
You simply need to arrange a call, begin recording and do the recordings of you and your guests. Here, Ringer synchronizes and combines all of your individual audio files into a single polished song that you may download.
- For calls with more than four participants, use conference calls
- Records with several tracks (for Premium members)
- Recordings of audio up to 48kHz (for Premium members)
- Business dashboard for business users
- The basic plan offers very limited features, and you can only record audio at up to 22kHz on it
- Limited control when it comes to editing your recordings.
- $7.99 per month – $189.99 per month
With Podbean’s straightforward podcast recorder, you can record podcasts on your mobile device.
The inbuilt editing features let you split, cut, merge, and playback recordings. The library contains more than 50 background tracks in a range of moods and genres.
Additionally, there are echo and sound effects. You can import and export audio using Podbean as well. It can be combined with other editing programs.
- Easy to monetize your podcast with ads and premium content.
- Powerful Podcast Recording
- Exclusive Music Integration
- Magic Editor and Post-production
- Collaborate with co-hosts from anywhere
- Big learning curve, especially if you’re a beginner
- A lot of the tools might be unnecessary for what you need
- The Unlimited Audio Plan : $14/month
- Unlimited Plus Plan: $39/month
- Business plan: $129/month
Want to record your podcasts remotely in the best quality? Riverside is a great option for you.
It gives you the option to invite up to seven guests to your Podcast, and it does not matter where they are. You can record your video podcasts in 4K and with an audio resolution of 48kHz. It also gives you local recording features allowing you to save your recorded podcast directly on your device.
Riverside has a smooth interface and equips you with automated editing tools. With its editor, you can easily customize your podcasts and adjust your audio accordingly. It also has a clip creator, which allows you to clip a short video from your video podcast. You can also record video and audio separately and then use the editor to combine them together to complete your podcast.
- Separate video and audio tracks for every participant
- Clip Creator and Editor tools available
- Automatic Podcast Transcription
- Add up to eight participants at once
- Screen Sharing Tools
- Producer mode is available
- High-resolution local recording option
- It has a learning curve
- It does not offer advanced editing tools
Free plan, Standard plan – $19/mo, and Pro plan – $29/mo
12. Logic Pro
Being a Mac user, it is really hard to find compatible and advanced recording software, but you’re in luck because Logic Pro is an apple product, and it comes with amazing recording & editing features.
Garage Band is also a great option for Mac users, but it is not as great as Logic Pro because it has so many advanced features that it may be overwhelming for podcasters. This software is widely used for music production and recording, but it can be a great option for recording podcasts as well.
If you’re into music production along with podcasting, then it is the best recording software for you to have. If you are a GarageBand user and have many files from it, then you can just open them on Logic Pro because they support those here. For enhanced sound, you can use Logic Pro’s Dolby Atmos Integration and also pick your favorite sounds from its library.
- Huge Sound Library
- Audio Compression & Noise Equalizer Tools
- Supports Audio Recordings up to 192KHz
- Control Your Audio Via Logic Remote App
- Dolby Atmos Integration
- High-Quality Recordings
- Robust Music Editing Tools
- Only available for Mac and iOS users
- No remote recording option is available
One-time pricing of $199.99
Want to record your videos for your audience and stream them or stream live videos of interviews and podcasts? Restream is the perfect option for you.
Restream is a streaming platform that empowers brands & individuals to create and connect to their audience through live videos. You can use this platform to record your podcasts or stream them live for your audience. Restream has four different products, which are chat, multistreaming, upload & stream, and analytics.
They have multiple customizing options where you can add a few touches to your livestream to make it more engaging for your audience. You can stream on multiple platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and so on simultaneously. To make your live stream more interactive, you can add questions, polls, and offers for your audience in real-time.
- Record your videos without live-streaming
- Echo cancellation
- Drive action during the live stream
- Save your live streams on the cloud
- Stream sound
- Split-track recording
- Launch your products & do live demos
- Meetups & conferences
- 30 days of recording storing time
- More live streaming focused, not podcasting
Free plan, Standard plan – $16/mo, Professional plan – $41/mo, Premium plan – $83/mo, Business plan – $249/mo
Looking for a digital audio workstation (DAW) at an affordable price? Reaper is the one that can help you record and edit your podcasts with ease.
With Reaper, you can easily edit, record, mix, and process audio without any hassle. You can use multiple inputs to record your podcast with Reaper. It is not a regular trimming tool that you use to edit your audio or video; it is much more than that. It offers plenty of tools that you can use to add audio effects to your podcast and do much more than that.
There are many editing templates available on Reaper that you can use to create audio. This recording software is great if you have multiple guests on your podcast and different sound effects in it. Reaper has a multi-track recording option, which is great for having multiple guests on your podcast.
- Multichannel Support
- Supports third-party extensions and plug-ins
- Multi-track recording
- 64-bit audio processing
- Customizable layouts and workboards
- Supports unlimited inputs
- MIDI Routing and Audio
- Plenty of tools that may feel unnecessary
- There is a learning curve to using Reaper
Discounted License – $60, Commercial License – $225
SquadCast is a fairly new name in the podcast recording industry, but it has made its name in the industry in a short time because of its various unique features. Squadcast is a web app for recording podcasts, just like Zencastr and Riverside.
The aim of this platform is to make podcast recording rather easy. All the guests of your podcast just need to click on the link, and they will be able to join your podcast with a virtual green screen instantly. The video recording abilities of Squadcast are much better than platforms like Zencastr and others.
But SquadCast only focuses on podcast recording, whereas Zencastr helps you monetize your podcast along with hosting for your podcast. Squadcast only allows you to have upto 10 participants during your podcast, even in the high-tier plan. It also doesn’t support mobile devices completely, which can be a deal breaker for some podcasters.
- 14-Day Free Trial
- Record with 5-10 guests on your podcast
- Top-notch quality remote podcast recording
- Separate track recording
- Unlimited Integration
- Master Audio With Dolby Voice
- SOC 2 Compliant
- No mobile recording option is available
- Expensive compared to other recording software
Indie Plan – $20/month, Pro Plan – $40/month, Studio Plan – $80/month
Auphonic is an intelligent audio post-production web application for podcasters and voiceover talent. It automates several steps in the podcast editing workflow to improve quality and save time.
The software automatically levels loud and quiet sections in a podcast recording so the volume remains consistent throughout. This prevents the need for constant manual volume adjustments.
Background noise like hums and hisses can be reduced by the AI isolating and removing it with a single click. This avoids labored noise reduction efforts.
With its set of AI-powered correction and enhancement tools, Auphonic streamlines, producing professional-sounding podcast episodes without complex audio editing. It saves creators substantial production time while boosting quality.
- Automatic loudness adjustment for consistent volume
- Shortens gaps and fixes speech pacing
- Auto-split audio into segments using AI
- Enhances spoken word audio specifically
- Schedule file processing through the web app
- Provides podcast hosting add-on option
- Set up chained workflows that process episodes
- The platform has a lot of settings that can take time to learn and optimize
- More complex edits, like removing speech, still require a DAW
Free Plan and Recurring Credits Plan start from $13/month for 9 hours/month
- How To Listen To Podcasts
- Podcasts vs Vlogging
- Podcast vs YouTube
- What Is A Podcast
- Best Startup Podcasts for Hustlers
- How to Write a Podcast Script
- How to Publish a Podcast
Conclusion: Best Podcast Recording Software (2023)
Each software offers both distinctive and typical features.
However, you can effectively record and edit podcasts with the aid of all these tools.
To determine which solution would provide the best value for your money, concentrate on the distinctive features of each.
For instance, it’s preferable to use podcast software with advanced features like Adobe Audition if you wish to record podcasts with a multi-mic setup.
However, you might think about using Anchor.fm if you don’t need a complicated recording or editing setup and want to record and edit podcasts right from your mobile phone.
In the end, it all comes down to your preferences and budget.
Tip: See how easy it is to edit podcasts with these impressive Podcast AI Editing tools.
This was my take on the best podcast recording software as of 2023. Feel free to comment below if you have any questions regarding the post.