The first iPhone came in 2017, and it took the world by storm. The iPhone revolutionized the worldwide smartphone business by introducing novel features such as touchscreen displays and virtual keyboards. The launch of the iPhone forced competitors to develop new products and operating systems in order to meet the new market demands. Apple has introduced 13 iPhone series to date and is now the world’s second-largest smartphone provider in terms of sales.
Although it’s been 15 years since the iPhone hit the market, it remains one of the most-sold mobile devices in the world, with 153 million iPhone units shipped in the first three quarters of 2022 alone. It is estimated that more than 2.24 billion iPhones have been sold to date.
As of Quarter 3, 2022, iPhones have a 17.2% market share. With such a huge market share, marketers worldwide need to know the facts and figures around it. I have compiled all the important iPhone statistics for marketers and iPhone lovers in this post.
Excited? Let’s get into it.
Key iPhone Statistics (2023)
- There are more than 1.5 billion active iPhone users worldwide as of 2023.
- Over 2.24 billion iPhone units have been sold to date.
- 153 million iPhone units were sold in the first three quarters of 2022.
- Apple shipped 240 million iPhones in 2021 alone.
- Globally, 51% of iPhone users are females, while 49% of iPhone users are males.
- iPhone has a 27.6% market share in the global smartphone industry as of Q3 2022.
- iPhones have a 57.77% market share in the US smartphone industry as of Q3 2022.
- Apple registered $394.33 billion in revenue in 2022.
- Apple collected $133.85 billion in revenue from iPhone sales in the first three quarters of 2022.
- TikTok is the Most Popular app on iOS.
iPhone Users Statistics
- There are over 1.74 billion iPhone users in the world as of 2023.
Here is the overview of iPhone users in the world from 2010 to 2023.
|Year||No. of iPhone users|
- There were nearly 116 iPhone users in the United States in 2021. It is estimated that this number will reach over 136.8 million in 2023.
Here is the table showing the number of iPhone users in the United States:
|Year||Number of iPhone Users in the US|
iPhone Shipment Statistics
- Apple shipped around 153 million iPhone units in the first three quarters of 2022. This number was 240 millionc in the year 2021.
Here is a table showing no. of iPhone shipped since 2010:
|Year||No. of iPhones shipped|
|2022 (Till Q3)||153 million|
- Apple shipped 20 million iPhones in North America in the First Quarter of 2022.
- In the first quarter of 2022, Apple supplied roughly 1 million ‘made in India’ iPhones in the nation. That is an increase of 50% y/y in the Indian market.
iPhone Market Share Statistics
- iPhone has a 27.6% market share in the global smartphone industry as of 2023.
- iPhone has a 57.77% market share in the US smartphone industry as of 2023.
- iPhone has a 23.97% market share in China as of 2023.
- iPhone has a 3.55% market share in India as of 2023.
Below is the table showing the iPhone’s Market share in Different regions of the World as of June 2022:
|Region||iPhone Market Share|
- If we look at the data from June 2021 to February 2023, iPhone has an average market share of 56.69% in the U.S.A.
Below is the table of the iPhone’s Market share in the U.S.A. since 2010:
|Year||iPhone’s Market Share in the USA|
- iPhone’s Market share in China stands at 23.95% as of June 2022.
Here is a table showing the iPhone’s Market Share in China from June 2021 to June 2022:
|Time of Year||iPhone’s Market Share|
iPhone Demographic Statistics
- 51% of iPhone users are females, while 49% of iPhone users are males.
- iPhones are most popular in the 16-34 year age group.
- 35% of people who use an iPhone have an Apple Watch too.
Smartphone users that use an Apple iPhone in the United States
48.7% of smartphone users in the United States use an iPhone. This figure was 42.3% back in 2014.
Here is a table showing the share of iPhone users among U.S. smartphone users throughout the years:
|Year||Share of iPhone Users|
Most Popular Apps on iPhone
- Tik Tok was the most downloaded free app on iPhones in 2022.
Here is a list of the Most Downloaded free iPhone Apps in 2022:
- Tik Tok is the most popular iPhone app in terms of revenue as of February 2022.
Here is the list of the top 10 most popular iPhone Apps as of February 2022. (in terms of revenue)
|Tik Tok||37.66 million|
|Honor of Kings||22.27 million|
|Uma Musume Pretty Derby||19.56 million|
|Game For Peace||18.49 million|
|Genshin Impact||17.64 million|
|Monster Strike||16.59 million|
|Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle||15.9 million|
|Disney +||14.9 million|
This is my comprehensive list of iPhone Statistics as of 2023. I will keep updating this space with more facts and figures in the time to come. Share it on your social media so that your knows will also get an insight into the latest iPhone user statistics. Thank you for reading.