Looking to edit your videos but don’t have professional editing skills? Ever spent way too much time trying to cut out filler words or shorten long pauses? If your answer to these questions is yes, then this list of the best AI video editor tools is for you.
Videos are possibly the most potent form of media as it packs sound, imagery, and write-up in one. And with the recent splash of Artificial Intelligence across industries, it’s only natural that brands and individuals would hunt for the best AI video generator or editor online.
TL;DR: As stated above, the AI video editor we liked the most is: Synthesia! Because it is the best at converting text prompts into videos – in seconds. It also supports 60+ languages adoptable by several AI avatars, voices, templates, and brand kits on a rather easy-to-follow interface. All in a mid-tier price of $30/month!
Well, so did our creative team to present the top 11 AI video editing software in the market as of 2023. It’ll save you some legwork.
List of Top 11 AI Video Editors of 2023: Nutshell Review
|#||AI Video Editor||Best For||Overall Rating|
|1.||Synthesia||Overall most powerful AI video editor with extensive video editing capabilities.||9|
|2.||Lumen5||Beginner-friendly AI video editor that video creation in minutes.||8.8|
|3.||Runaway ML||Suited for professionals, boasts multiple AI magic tools for advanced video editing.||8|
|4.||Raw Shorts||An AI video editor meant for producing bulk videos in minutes.||7.5|
|5.||Designs.ai Video Maker||The most comprehensive AI video editor in the industry is used by top professionals.||7|
|6.||Adobe Premiere Pro with Adobe’s Sensei||The most comprehensive AI video editor in the industry used by top professionals.||7.5|
|7.||Flexclip||Perfect video editor to make explainer and marketing videos.||6|
|8.||Elai||A fast output video editor to create multiple videos in succession.||6|
|9.||Synthesys||Unbeatable at creating quick videos with human avatars and voice||6|
|10.||Wisecut||Most intelligent at shortening a long video into engaging short clips||6|
|11.||Descript||Descript’s intuitive AI-powered editing is ideal for creators, marketers, educators, students, professionals||6|
Below, you will find my top selections of AI video editors;
Synthesia is the top AI video editor that allows you to automate video creation from scratch. With it, you can easily create demonstrations, educational, How-Tos, and marketing videos.
The AI video editing software offers numerous tools, including storyboards, editors, etc. On top of that, Synthesia enables you to curate videos in 60+ languages. It’s a particularly helpful AI feature that enables you to target a global audience and attract more customers.
- AI Avatars – AI-backed Synthesia can create ultra-realistic avatars you can insert into your videos, making them more catchy and engaging.
- AI voices – Similar to realistic avatars, Synthesia also offers AI voices you can use in your videos to create perfect voiceovers.
- Massive Library of Video Templates – To further assist you in curating extra crisp videos, Synthesia includes an enormous library of images and templates you can use extensively throughout your videos.
- Branding Options – With Synthesia, you can also insert your branding assets in the video. You can insert your brand’s logos, color schemes, fonts, etc.
Johnson & Johnson, Teleperformance, Amazon, etc.
- Personal Plan – 30$ per month.
- Custom Plan – Available upon request.
Lumen5 is the most beginner-friendly AI video editor. Interestingly, with Lumen5 creating videos is as straightforward as making presentations. Additionally, Lumen5 includes hundreds of customizable designs you can use to create professional-looking videos for any purpose.
With its robust artificial intelligence algorithm, you can turn any marketing or blog content into social media, marketing, and product presentation videos. Interestingly, this AI video generator can even turn Zoom videos, blogs, or image carousels into informative videos. It also includes countless royalty-free music and video resources to make the video even more engaging.
- Multiple Templates – A rich library of video and music resources to craft impressive videos.
- Beginner-Friendly Interface – Lumen5 is perfect for beginners. You can insert a link to a blog post, and the AI will do the rest.
- Machine Learning Algorithms – Lumen5 adapts to your taste and curates videos that truly reflect your vision or ideas.
- AI-based video enhancing – Lumen5 AI can polish your videos and eliminate shortcomings to ensure that your videos are informative and engaging.
Salesforce, PWC, KPMG, Siemens, etc.
- Community Plan – $0
- Basic PlanPlan – $19
- Starter Plan – $59
- Professional Plan – $149
They have an Enterprise Plan to cater to bespoke AI video editing needs; it comes with custom pricing.
3. Runaway ML
Runaway is another quality video editor that employs artificial intelligence to support you with the editing task. This AI video generator comes with magic tools with several automation features to help you create professional-looking videos.
A great thing about Runway is that it enables multitrack video and audio editing functionality that curates picture-perfect videos. It may also be the best free AI video editor as it’s available as an iOS app as well.
- Green Screen – Help you remove the video background and insert a transparent one. You can then implement a background of your choice.
- Automatic Noise Reduction – Runway’s powerful AI algorithms automatically remove noise from the audio track and enhance the quality.
- Paint-overs – With Runway AI, you can easily paint over objects in your video or the background.
- Subtitles – Runway AI can detect the language and insert subtitles automatically.
- Automatic Beat Detection – Helps you perfectly match the video clips with audio beats for a seamless video.
- Library of Video Templates – Runway also includes a vast library of stock media and video templates to assist you in creating professional, social, or corporate videos.
Google, Vox, R/GA, Publicis Groupe, etc.
- Pro Plan – $12 per editor/month allows unlimited 1080p & 4K video editor exports and 500 GB of additional assets.
- Team Plan – $28 per editor/month that allows you 1080p and AI Magic Tools exports, plus 1 TB of assets.
Besides, there’s a free plan that enables you to manage up to 3 projects and 5 GB of assets.
4. Raw Shorts
If you rely on short animation videos to deliver your brand’s message or power your marketing efforts, there’s no better AI video editor than Raw Shorts. It’s an animation tool with an in-built AI-powered video editor.
With Raw Shorts, you can seamlessly convert text into animated videos and achieve your marketing or business goals. You can create explainer videos, presentation videos, and more with simple drag and drop. In short, if you are a business or marketing agency and wish to spice up your marketing campaigns visually, Raw Shorts will be perfect for you.
- Simple Interface – One significant asset of Raw Shorts is that it’s user-friendly. Even if you are entirely new to video editing, you can easily create stunning videos in minutes with Raw Shorts.
- Text to Video Conversion – Raw Shorts uses AI technology to convert text into captivating animated videos instantly.
- AI-Based Video Script Analysis – The AI in Raw Shorts deeply analyses the video script first to understand the context and concept of your video and then curates videos perfectly synced with your goals.
- Licensed Stock Videos – You can use Raw Shorts licensed Stock videos for all your commercial video projects, which is a nice bonus.
Coca-Cola, IBM, Sony, Pfizer, etc
- Business Plan – $30/month billed annually.
- Essential PlanPlan – $20/month billed annually.
- Starter Plan – Free to use but limited in functionality.
5. Designs.ai Video Maker
Designs.ai is an amalgamation of multiple design tools but focuses explicitly on video editing and creation. Its video editing features are expertly crafted, intelligent and intuitive. With its AI-powered video editor, you can quickly and easily create professional videos perfectly suited to your taste.
The most fascinating feature of this ai video editing software is: Text to Video. All you need to do is paste your text, choose the type of video you want, specify the language and voiceovers and let the AI do its magic. The result will be an enchanting video telling the story you wish to narrate with powerful audio-visual elements.
Additionally, you can use designs.ai to edit videos for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok) to make the most of your video campaigns on these channels.
- Faster Rendition – Design.ai video maker uses powerful AI algorithms to craft visually appealing videos in minutes.
- Unique Text to Video feature – With designs.ai, you can easily convert text into videos.
- Content Suggestions Based on Keywords – The AI in designs.ai also offers content suggestions based on keywords to help you devise more appealing videos.
- Project Collaboration – Designs.ai allows you to share your work with your team effortlessly. You can share unlimited drafts and switch the link to private or public, based on your preferences.
- Basic Plan – $29 per month.
- Pro Plan – $69 per month.
- Enterprise Plan – Customized per user’s need.
6. Adobe Premiere Pro With Adobe Sensei
In my opinion, no list of video editing software can be complete without mentioning Adobe. It’s Premier Pro is a versatile and robust video editor with features tailored for professional video editing. But you transform your regular Adobe Premier into an AI video editor with Adobe Sensei!
Adobe Sensei is an AI technology that empowers Adobe professional suits of software with automation and artificial intelligence capabilities. Suppose you are familiar with Adobe’s Premiere Pro but wish to add AI capabilities; instead of moving to another platform, it is better to add Adobe’s Sensei. With Adobe’s Premiere Pro and Sensei combined, you can create and edit videos faster and achieve excellent results – all you would need for AI video editing.
- Color Correction And Balancing – You can easily compare and correct color balance between two shots for better color continuity.
- Morph Cut – This feature allows you to easily manage jump cuts and bring better visual continuity to your videos. It’s particularly helpful with talking heads or interview videos.
- Auto Reframe – The Auto reframe feature exploits artificial intelligence to adjust aspect ratios. It’s handy when your videos are meant for different social media channels.
- Automatic Scene Editing Detection – This feature can save you hours. The AI automatically detects where editing is needed in the video, eliminating the need to go through the whole footage manually.
Adobe Premier is packed with countless other features too. Listing them all will surpass the scope of this article; however, if you wish to push your video editing to professional levels, there’s no better platform than Adobe Premier.
Adobe Premier is available as a part of Adobe Creative Cloud and costs US$82.49/month. In case you opt for annual billing, the cost comes down to US$54.99/month.
Also, you can utilize a 7-day free trial to evaluate the platform.
Flexclip is an easy-to-use AI-powered video editor for seamless video creation and editing. Although Flexclip emphasizes simplicity, it doesn’t compromise functionality. Flexclip includes a list of great features you can use to create eye-catching videos for your business or marketing campaigns.
It’s easy to edit templates and helps you create professional on-brand videos. Besides, this AI tool for video editing includes extensive text animations perfect for generating marketing and explainer videos. Furthermore, different plans for Flexclip include countless media options to enhance your videos.
- Easy video sharing – With Flexclip, you can easily share videos with your team and assimilate ideas into your creations.
- Royalty-Free Images – Flexclip boasts a massive database of 4 million royalty-free images for hassle-free video creation without copyright issues.
- Slideshow maker – Perfect tool to create engaging short video clips for your blog or website.
- Movie Maker – With Flexclip movie maker, you can easily combine photos, music, and clips to curate enchanting videos.
YouTube, Windows, Google, Dropbox
- The basic Plan costs $5.99 a month or $71.88 a year.
- Plus Plan costs $9.99 per month or $119.88 when billed annually.
- Business Plan costs $19.99 per month and $239.88 when billed annually.
You can also test the platform with the Free Plan, which allows you one video, audio project, and 480p SD download.
If you require an AI video editor that can quickly churn up multiple videos, use Elia, an excellent AI-driven video editing tool. Elia can help you boost conversion rates, enhance brand awareness, or improve user experience with professionally crafted videos.
Besides, Elia includes automatic translation that enables video creation in multiple languages. On top of that, you also receive an extensive range of video templates suited to design videos of different tastes.
- Elai Builder – To produce high-quality videos in bulk.
- Dedicated Account Manager – To ensure that you have all the assistance available to help you craft impressive videos.
- Built-in Avatar Maker – To further tweak your videos and customize them to reflect your brand’s image.
WPP, Assurant, cefla, Sigma, etc.
- Advanced Plan – $99 per month.
- Basic Plan– $29 per month
- Corporate Plan – Custom Pricing
If you want to test this AI tool for video editing, there’s a free 14-day trial period that allows you eight free minutes of video the platform.
Synthesys is one of the leading AI virtual media platforms that have plenty of AI tools, such as AI audio, AI video, and AI avatars. With its AI video generator, you can easily convert your text into a realistic virtual video. You can also enhance your existing video content with its video editing tools. It has a TTV (Text-To-Video) technology that turns scripts into videos.
To create a video from your script on Synthesys, you only need to follow five steps. Select a persona/face that fits your brand, select a voice for your video, add your script, choose a background for your video, and click on the create option to finish creating it. In just a few minutes, your video will be ready. Truly a unique AI video maker!
- Different Humatars – Choose from 74 different “Humatars” or spokespersons for your videos.
- High-Quality Videos – The production quality of videos created by you on Synthesys will be amazing, and it follows different resolutions to fit on types of screens and devices.
- Template Library – Plenty of ready-made templates are available for you to use.
- Editing Tools – You get the option to add your brand logo, graphics, and subtitles to these videos using Synthesys editing tools.
- AI Video Generator API – With this AI video generator API, you can integrate human studio API into your brand videos & messages. This option is great for developers.
- Audio Synthesys – $29 per month or $279 per year
- Human Studio Synthesys – $39 per month or $374 per year
- Audio And Human Studio Synthesys – $59 per month or $566 per year
Wisecut is an AI video editor which helps you edit your long videos and change them into short videos with proper editing quickly. It has “punch in” and “punch out” features which allow you to find the best parts of your videos that you do want to keep and remove unnecessary footage. It automatically removes the long pauses from your video to make the editing easier.
The AI technology of this platform automatically removes silence and adds background music & subtitles. The background music it uses is royalty-free, so you can use the edited video anywhere you want and monetize it. Wisecut also adjusts the background music according to your video, meaning the background music becomes louder when you’re not talking and low when you’re talking.
- Short Videos – Change a long video into a short video in just a few minutes.
- Auto Cut Silences – Automatically removes any long pauses and silences from the video.
- Subtitles & Translations – Add automatically generated subtitles and translations with one click.
- Smart Background Music – Adds background music that fits your video perfectly.
- Automatic Audio Ducking – Automatically adjusts the background music according to your video and slows down when you’re talking.
- Free – $0 and process 30 minutes of video content every month
- Starter – $15 per month or $120 per year
- Professional – $57 per month or $348 per year
Descript AI video editor is an AI-powered video editing software that makes editing audio and video incredibly easy and intuitive. With Descript, users can edit the audio of their videos simply by editing the transcript. The software uses advanced speech recognition technology to automatically transcribe videos, allowing users to edit the text as if they were editing a document.
Any edits made to the transcript, such as removing filler words or fixing grammar mistakes, are instantly reflected in the actual audio and video. Descript also uses AI to allow the editing of audio and video together. For example, if a user wants to remove a section from their video, they can simply highlight and delete the corresponding text in the transcript – the video edits itself automatically.
- Automatic transcription – Descript uses advanced speech recognition technology to automatically transcribe videos, generating an editable text transcript.
- Edit audio by editing text – Users can edit the audio content of their videos simply by editing the generated transcript. Descript syncs any text edits back to the actual video audio.
- Remove filler words – Easily delete filler words like “um” and “uh” by removing them from the transcript. Descript automatically removes them from the audio.
- Edit silence – Users can delete silent sections by removing gaps in the transcript. Descript shortens the video duration accordingly.
- Jump cuts – Instantly cut out sections of video just by deleting the transcript text. Descript stitches the remaining parts together seamlessly.
- Overdub audio – Easily re-record audio sections by highlighting transcript text and recording new audio over it.
- Collaborative editing – Multiple people can edit the same transcript, and Descript merges edit together.
Stanford, Audible, WYNC, The New York Times, VICE, etc.
- Creator Plan – $15/month or $144/year
- Pro Plan – $30/month or $288/year
It also has a free plan which gives you access to all the basic features.
How We Chose Our Picks for Best AI Video Editor?
Evaluating versatile tools or technology can be overwhelming. Even coming up with a framework is a challenge.
When our team was first faced with this to finalize the list for to AI video maker or editor, one thing was obvious the software should have visible signs of being powered by AI i.e. smart features that traditional video editors never had. Which could mean having text prompts, intelligent calibrators or selectors, audio cloning, etc. For how Synthesia – our favorite video editing AI – has 60+ human-looking avatars that speak in the language, tone, and text you prompt.
And as we experimented with these tools further over the week and interacted with some prolific editors in our circle, we came up with the below metrics to rank AI video editing software:
- Distinguishing feature: The second thing I looked for (the first being AI, as mentioned above) was how unique the feature sets are in the AI video generator. Avatars, tones, text-to-speech, expression, captions, intelligent shortening of long clips, etc. – I came across some that were there for the namesake and some that went beyond my expectation.
- High-quality output: The rendered output should be the kind that does not pixelate even on the largest of TV screens. And should still look vibrant on a mobile phone. Basically, the AI video editor should have the option to export videos (and audio) in all formats and qualities, especially those that market as AI video enhancers.
- Customization and integration: Generally, we have the footage that we want to edit with a video editor. Also, there’s a good chance you use multiple gadgets and software for it simultaneously. So, I’d ask myself – Does this video editing AI let upload your own content? To what extent you can customize the features themselves? Does it integrate seamlessly with my existing tools and video formats? And so on.
- Support and tutorial: Video editors powered by AI are still new to many and, generally speaking, more complex than regular video editors, so I also considered the learning curve associated with them. If they offer customer support, video tutorials, pdf resources, etc., that was a plus point. And also how intuitive is the overall ease of experience.
- Price: Most of us interested in these new-gen AI video editing tools look for a mix of features and value at a reasonable price. Some might straight away lookup free AI video upscaling. So, if they provide a freemium solution or free trial, that’s good to have as one can conveniently decide if it’d be worth an investment or not.
That covers the grounds of our methodology.
Now, before we jump to the list, a heads up that our picks include video editing AI not just for assembling shots but also for upscaling/enhancement, animation, text prompts, and more. The usage level of which expands from the beginners to the boss level.
Want to take your creativity to the next level of AI? Explore More AI Tools
Conclusion: Best AI Video Editor (2023)
The advent of AI in video creation is a revolution that will inspire the next phase of video creation. And with so many options, the AI video generator market is only going to boom. We are sure this guide will help you make an informed decision on choosing the AI video maker or editor that’s most suitable for you. If still dicey, you can start with our favorite one – Synthesia.
All said, it’s important to note that AI video editing is still a relatively new technology, and while it can save time and effort, it’s not always perfect. Human input and supervision are still necessary to ensure that the edited video meets the desired quality and artistic standards. Happy video-making!
AI is used in video editing for tasks such as automatic color correction, object and scene detection, and motion tracking.
You can use tools such as Synthesia or Rawshorts to make a human AI video for free.
Yes, AI video editing tools can improve video quality by enhancing resolution, reducing noise, and adding special effects.
There are AI video generator tools such as Raw Shorts, Flexiclip, and Synthesys that can generate video-to-text.
Many YouTubers use Lumen5 and Animoto for AI video generation.