Making a website for your podcast is strongly advisable and has numerous advantages. By creating a website for your podcast, you can improve the probability of people discovering your show and offer additional services to your audience, such as a blog, merch store, etc.
If the things mentioned above grab your attention, you should think about creating a website for your podcast.
To make your podcast website, you don’t need any coding knowledge, a dedicated developer, or a mighty IT budget. That sounded cool, didn’t IT? Pun intended. All you need is WordPress, Elementor, and your creativity.
This comprehensive step-by-step guide will help you create a podcast website and get it up and running all by yourself. Excited? We too. Let’s dive into it.
How to Create a Podcast Website Using WordPress (Step-by-Step)
Let us look at how you can get started with your podcast website using WordPress and Elementor.
Step #1 Buy A Domain Name
You’ll need a domain name prior to building your website. A domain name serves as your site’s main URL (podcasting101.com).
Many server providers like Godaddy, Hostgator, Hostinger, and even WordPress itself sell domains for very low prices.
In general, a good domain name is short and easy to remember and spell. If you plan to start more than one podcast, we recommend getting a domain name by either your company’s name or a variation of your main Podcasts’ name.
There are numerous hosting plans that you can opt for, but we suggest starting with the most basic option. This should cover all of your needs for a starting podcast website. The option to scale up is always there in the future.
Step #2 Install WordPress
If you have opted for a provider that does not have WordPress pre-installed, Here is how you can install it manually.
Go to the centralized dashboard of your domain, the technical term for it is “cPanel.”
There you can find the option to install WordPress, It is not hard to miss as it will be clearly labeled.
Follow the installation guide and WordPress will be installed on your website.
Step #3 Install Themes For Your Podcast Website
If you visit your domain through a web browser like a normal person, you will see a plain boring website Titled “Just another WordPress site.” That is because Your website is using WordPress’ default theme.
Themes allow you to significantly modify the looks of your podcasting site without having to hire a website designer. Now, there is n number of Themes to choose from but we recommend using “Seriously Simple Podcasting.” It is modern, appealing, and loaded with great modifying options.
The best way to install this theme is via WordPress. This is how you do it.
Installing theme on WordPress:
- On your WordPress Dashboard, you will see a “plugins” option with an icon of a male power plug. Click on it.
- Click on “add new”
- Search for “Seriously Simple Podcasting”
- Click on “Install now”
When the installation is complete, the button will appear as “activate.” click on it to activate the plugin. Done! Let’s move to the next step.
Step #4 Install Elementor Templates
You have to install this template through Seriously Simple Podcasting. Here is how you can do it.
- Click on “podcast” and then on “All Episodes” on the WordPress dashboard. (left side)
- You will see a notification box on the top of the screen, hit the “click here to install them now” link. This should redirect you to Seriously Simple Podcasting’s settings page.
- There, you can see “elementor templates” under the Extension section. Hit the “Import templates” button under it.
- Once the installation is complete, you’ll see a pop-up text atop your screen. Hit the “You can view the list of templates in your Elementor Library” link.
- The above link will redirect you to the saved templates section.
Here, you can edit your pages. What pages?
- Podcast–Landing Page
- Podcast–Subscribe Page and
- Podcast–Episode Page
Step #5 Creating A Post For New Episode
SSP uses a custom post layout called “Podcast” (obviously).
These posts include special fields that allow you to publish and customize your episode post.
Here is how you do it.
- Click on “Podcast” and then on “Add new” on the WordPress dashboard. (left side)
- Give the post a title.
- Scroll down to see “Podcast Episode details.” Here you have to upload your podcast’s audio file and fill in other relevant details.
- Once done, click on “Save Draft”.
Why save it as a draft? because this way, the elementor widget will have correct options in the step we’re about to proceed with. And, we are not publishing the post yet, that’s why.
Step #6 Editing in Elementor
To edit the post, click on the “Edit with Elementor” button located on the top of the screen.
This will redirect you to a screen where you can edit the written content of your post.
Step #7 Start the Editing
If you’re using the above-mentioned post template, your post will already have the following sections
- Title of your post,
- An Audio player, and
- Subscription links.
If you’re using a different template/theme
You have to manually drag and drop these above-mentioned components on the page.
Add images, videos, and charts you mention in your podcasts. Add anything that adds value to your website, simple as that. Your visitors will enjoy a resource-stacked yet clean website layout.
Below are some Widget Ideas
- Social icons
- List of Eps
- Subscription button
Step #8 Adding Content to the Home and Subscribe Page
This is the final step!
You have to promote your episode(s) on your homepage. If you already have a homepage, add widgets to it. Add a list of your recently published blogs, and add a player if you want your visitors to tune into your podcast right away.
Be creative and make your homepage stand out.
Don’t forget to add a brief “About” section on the homepage.
Coming to the Subscribe Page, use the SSP template.
You can modify your pages just like any other Elementor page. Change the color scheme, fonts, and Widgets, or create completely new layouts. The canvas is all for your creativity.
That’s all Guys. This is how you make an awesome website for your podcast in 2022.
Why Should a Podcast Have a Website?
A podcast website will help you in exposure, attract more listeners and serve as a central hub for all your podcasting activities. Other than that, here are a few more benefits of having a website dedicated to your podcast.
- Availability: A website is not dependent on any podcast hosting platform. If they are down for some reason or decide to stop hosting podcasts, your podcasts are always available to listeners through your website. Also, users who don’t use these podcasting applications can always stream your work via your site.
- More Listeners: Creating content-rich websites demonstrates to Google that your podcasting website is a learning hub and it adds value to people’s lives. A higher ranking translates to more traffic and more ears.
- Helps you create a brand: Websites are crucial in the development of an online brand. A brand image is essential if you want to improve its image and provide your audiences with a greater understanding.
- Marketing: Through a website, you can get your visitors’ email addresses by asking them to sign up for your newsletter. You can use these details to back up your email marketing campaign.
Conclusion: How to Create A Podcast Website With WordPress (2022)
Hopefully, you recognize the significance of creating a website for your podcast. We also hope that we made this process easy for you with our step-by-step guide.
Implementing Elemnetor streamlines your work process while also creating visually appealing pages for your audience in a quick manner. It is no rocket science.
Create your podcasting website today and link it in the comments below so that we can listen to your awesome creations as well. From one creator to another, Cheers.