If you are a content writer or budding to be one, you must understand how vital it is to know the best content writing tools for SEO. Right? Then let’s explore the top tools that can help you craft amazing content that aligns with SEO principles and be eye-candy for search engines.
We, content writers, know how important content is in online marketing. You need engaging, well-crafted, and SEO-optimized content if you wish to derive more traffic, enhance CTR or boost conversion rate. And since the rollout of Google’s helpful content update, it has become more crucial to curate web copy that is perfectly SEO optimized, covers every detail about the topic, and at the same time is a breeze to read. And that’s not easy to achieve! In fact, content writers ( including me) rely on several tools to compile a flawless piece of content. If you want the same, you must learn about these content writing tools for SEO.
And to simplify your quest, I have compiled a list of top content writing tools for SEO in 2023. Read is whole, and I am sure you will find a tool that perfectly fits your requirements.
8+ Best Content Writing Tools For SEO: In A Nutshell (2023)
|S. No.||Content Writing Tools||Best For||Price|
|1.||Semrush Content Writing Assistant||Overall best tool for writing SEO-optimized content.||Starts at $229.5 a month|
|2.||Ryte||Best for improving website user experience with the aid of great content.||Available Upon Request|
|3.||ClearScope||AI-powered content optimization for drafting engaging content.||Starts at $170/month|
|4.||Surfer SEO||Robust tool for SEO copywriting and On-Page optimization.||Starts at $49/month.|
|5.||AnswerThePublic||Excellent tool to generate question-based content ideas.||Free up to 500k results, then $99 monthly|
|6.||Grammarly||Perfect proofreading and editing tool.||Starts at $12 per month|
|7.||Hemingway||Exemplary content editor to improve content quality.||Costs $19.9|
|8.||Frase||Machine Learning and AI-based content writing tool for writing, analyzing, and monitoring content.||Starts at $14.99/month|
List Of Top 8+ Content Writing Tools In 2023
In this segment, I will cover the top tools for SEO copywriting:
1. Semrush SEO Writing Assistant Tool
Semrush is a complete package – whatever aspect of digital marketing you need to cover, Semrush will be adept in it. Then how could it lag when it comes to assisting content writers in drafting catchy SEO-optimized content? I have put Semrush at the top spot because, once you have Semrush, you won’t need another tool.
You can do on-page SEO, generate keywords and content ideas, analyze content quality, explore backlinks and evaluate competitors’ content. Semrush also includes a dedicated SEO writing assistant tool to assist writers further. It’s available as a separate addon for Google docs. However, you can also use it as a WordPress plugin or on the Semrush interface. You can also try Semrush’s SEO Writing Assistant tool with our exclusive Semrush Guru plan free trial for 30 days.
What can you do with the Semrush SEO Writing Assistant Tool?
- You can generate semantically related keywords to improve content quality.
- It helps you avoid content duplication, broken links, and missing alt text.
- You can use it to improve your content readability. You can also receive helpful suggestions for title optimization etc.
- You can use Semrush SEO writing assistant to improve tone, check plagiarism, and curate content that attracts audiences, providing value and standing ahead of the competition.
The Semrush Content Writing Assistant tool is available for free with the Semrush account. However, you can only create one template. For the complete content marketing toolkit, you must purchase a Guru or Business plan. The Semrush Guru plan costs $229.95, while the Business Plan costs $449.95 monthly. We also have an exclusive Semrush coupon to help you save a few bucks.
Ryte is perfect if you wish to improve your website’s user experience alongside content quality. Ryte is an online vendor that includes multiple tools to polish your website for a better user experience. However, its dedicated segment for a content marketer is its primary attraction.
Ryte’s content marketing tool is geared to assist you with SEO copywriting. Incidentally, Ryte provides deep SEO insights, helpful keyword suggestions, and timely recommendations for content optimization. You can use Ryte’s inbuilt content editor to write SEO-optimized content or improve the existing content’s quality based on the suggestions.
What can you do with Ryte?
- You can use Ryte to explore content ideas, uncover relevant topics that appeal to your audience and enhance engagement.
- Ryte’s also includes analytics tools to help you monitor your content’s success.
- Ryte’s provides excellent keyword recommendations
- to help you better optimize your content and make it more relevant to search queries.
- Ryte’s also allows you to add schema.org tags to your content to make it more structured.
- Ryte also provides a dedicated Customer Success Manager to help you with content optimization or any other bumps you might hit down the road.
Ryte offers two plans, Enterprise and Partnered. The former is tailored for individual website owners, while the latter is suitable for agencies that manage multiple websites.
ClearScope is an AI-driven content optimization tool that helps you write relevant and engaging content. It scans the top-ranking pages for a given phrase and finds keywords that drive traffic to these pages. You can draft your content using the information and achieve a higher search ranking. Besides, with ClearScope, you can also uncover content gaps on your website. You can make the necessary changes accordingly, adding the suggested keywords and effectively closing the vulnerabilities.
What can you do with ClearScope?
- You can do extensive page analysis with Clearscope to identify lucrative keywords.
- You can also do keyword analysis for a given URL to determine what phrases drive traffic to that page.
- ClearScope also includes a detailed reporting feature to present data about content audits, page and keyword analysis, and more.
- ClearScope comes with an in-built content editor to help you draft high-quality content with assistance from scoring algorithms that rate your content’s readability, grade, and word count.
- ClearScope is also available as an add-on for WordPress and Google Docs to help you maintain the workflow and boost productivity.
ClearScope offers three plans;
- Essentials Plan – $170/month.
- Business Plan – $1,200/month.
- Enterprise Plan – Available upon request.
4. Surfer SEO
Only a few SEO tools are as complete as Surfer SEO when it comes to content optimization and On-Page SEO. Surfer SEO is more than a content writing tool – it’s a complete package with extraordinary features to analyze, optimize and monitor content. It merges multiple aspects of content marketing into a single workflow and smoothens the copywriting and editing process to achieve better visibility, ranking, and traffic.
What can you do with Surfer SEO?
- Surfer SEO is equipped with a robust content editor to help you maintain the right keyword density, avoid spelling and grammatical mistakes and keep optimum readability.
- Surfer SEO also offers machine learning and AI-driven suggestions to help you quickly make the edits and keep your content’s quality in alignment with search engine recommendations.
- Its SERP analyzer features let you scan the SERP and compare your content with your competitors. With the SERP analyzer, you can easily gauge the adjustments needed for your content’s strategy.
- SurferSEO also offers the unique Grow Flow feature that allows you to curate topic clusters and craft better content.
Surfer SEO Pricing
- Basic Plan – $49/month.
- Pro Plan – $99/month.
- Business Plan – $199/month.
Note – If you choose the annual payment option, you will receive an additional 17% discount.
5. Answer The Public
Admit it; generating content ideas to craft appealing content that hits all the points takes a lot of work. Curating content that fully addresses users’ queries instantly catches attention and attracts more visitors. Therefore finding what keywords people are actually searching for and weaving content around them is a surefire way to boost visibility, derive tons of traffic, and jump higher in SERP. When it comes to generating content ideas based on questions, there’s no better tool than Answerthepublic.
What can you do with AnsweraThePublic tools?
- Answerthepublic combines brainstorming ideas and keyword research into one. You can generate thousands of queries with a single seed phrase.
- Answerthepublic presents data visually appealingly, making it easy for you to recognize the search intents of the target audience.
- With the AnswerThePublic tool, you can easily design a perfect content strategy. Based on the suggestion, you can create effective content that efficiently resolves users’ queries.
Free up to 500k monthly search results; then it’s $99/month. However, if you pay for the whole year at once, the cost comes down to $79/per month.
Well, who likes to read a piece of content full of grammatical errors, incorrect syntax, and tons of spelling mistakes? Nobody! Therefore a robust proofreading tool should be in your arsenal if you wish to create SEO-optimized, error-free content.
And what better tool will there be than Grammarly? It’s the most popular proofreading tool, with over 10 million active users. Grammarly allows you to pen ideas in perfect language free of errors, thus enabling you to communicate more efficiently.
What can you do with Grammarly?
- It’s one of the most powerful proofreading tools right now. Whatever the error is, be it syntax, punctuation, spelling, etc., it can’t escape the robust algorithms of Grammarly.
- Grammarly offers accurate, high-quality synonyms suggestions to boost content quality and bring in more depth.
- With the Grammarly tool, you can quickly identify sentences with passive voice, incorrect modifiers, incorrect phrasing of sentences, or monotonous paragraphs.
- Grammarly also includes a robust plagiarism checker that effectively weeds out duplicate content.
Grammarly offers three plans – Free, Premium & Business. With Free Plan, you get the basic version of Grammarly with limited proofreading capabilities. Besides, the Premium Plan costs $12 per month, while the Business Plan comes with a price tag of $15 monthly.
Hemingway editor is a content writing tool that is par excellence in terms of its capabilities to help you write simple, high-quality content. Incidentally, Hemingway’s editor heavily focuses on improving the content’s quality. You can use it to cut all the fluff work, avoid grammatical errors, and eliminate unnecessary or incorrect usage of adverbs. Besides, Hemingway allows you to insert appropriate tags like headings, bullets, etc., to make your writing clear and easily readable.
What can you do with Hemingway Editor?
- You can use the Hemingway Editor to mark out lengthy, hard-to-read passages and improve readability.
- Hemingway helps you make your copy as simple and clear as possible. If you heavily emphasize clarity, Hemingway is the best tool.
- Its ease of use is also a big positive of Hemingway editor. You can paste content to uncover all its shortcomings or curate it from scratch for a clear and concise copy.
- Hemingway comes with a web and desktop app. You can choose either based on your comfort and requirements.
Hemingway online editor is free of cost, while the Hemingway editor for Mac and Windows costs $19.9.
Frase.io is a versatile content optimization tool with incredible features that simplify content writing. You can use it to analyze competitors’ ranking keywords and effectively find content gaps restricting your progress in SERP. Besides, Frase is powered by AI, which assists you to quickly do research, writing, and optimizing your web copy. You can even create an AI-based content copy in Frase and directly publish it on your website.
What can you do with Frase?
- Frase draws power from artificial intelligence so that you can draft perfect, SEO-optimized content with a single click.
- With Frase, you can quickly create content briefs that you can employ to create a solid content strategy.
- Frease includes robust content optimization features. It can help you compare your copy with competitors in the domain and find out possible gaps in your content strategy.
- Frase is also equipped with content analytics features that monitor your content and offer timely suggestions about new content opportunities.
- Solo Plan – $14.99/month and $12/month if paid annually.
- Basic Plan – $44.99/month and $37/month if paid annually.
- Team – $114.99/month and $97/mo if paid annually.
- B2B Content Marketing
- Best AI Text Generators
- Best AI Writing Software
- Best Content Marketing Agencies
Wrapping Up: Best Content Writing Tools For SEO (2023)
I am sure that the list here about the best content writing tools for SEO will be enough for you to pick the most suitable tool and boost your content’s quality. If you are falling behind in terms of quality content, these tools can be hugely beneficial. However, you must put in the effort; therefore, it’s essential to pick the tools that perfectly align with your goals.
Tools like Hemingway and Grammarly are necessary if you wish to keep your content error-free with good readability. If your focus is more on competitive intelligence and curating content that surpasses in quality the competitor’s content, Surfer SEO or Clear Scope will be the best pick.
However, if you wish for a genuinely intuitive all-in-one content writing tool that takes care of everything – The semrush writing assistant tool is the perfect solution.