Are you someone looking for how to set up your own e-commerce website on Shopify but at the same time have limited knowledge about this platform? If yes, then hold on. You are at the right place.
As you all know that Shopify is the one-stop solution e-commerce platform for every struggling entrepreneur. With its easy-to-use interface, multiple options, and affordable pricing, Shopify has proven its convenience to both the customers and shop-owners and became the world’s largest e-commerce platform holding 20% of the market share.
In this article, we will be covering a few easy-peasy steps that’ll come in handy if you want to — set up your Shopify store and sell on Shopify. So, make sure to read this article till the end.
Shopify: The First Choice of Every E-commerce Business Owner
If you run an online business, you might have heard about Shopify. It’s a Canadian multinational e-commerce platform that enables you to set up your online store with its subscription-based software.
It assimilates automated order management, multiple trendy functions, and other convenient options needed for a ready-to-sell online store at a cheaper price. On Shopify, you can customize your online store according to your choice and budget and make your store compelling to the customers. Moreover, Shopify shop owners can also launch their brick-and-mortar shops by using Shopify POS and accompanying hardware.
In a nutshell, Shopify is an all-in-one solution for small and new eCommerce businesses that are just starting out and have limited coding knowledge to set up an online store.
Who Can Use Shopify?
Shopify is a global platform offering thousands of user-friendly options for every kind of business owner to establish their brand to the next level. It doesn’t matter if you are an absolute beginner or an expert having years of experience in online trading, Shopify can be the go-to option for everyone.
On one hand, newbie merchants use this platform to set up their online stores at a cheaper price, and on the other hand, multiple giant companies take the advantage of Shopify Plus which supports multiple premium options including the large value of orders, website traffic, and so on.
How To Sell on Shopify (Step By Step Process for Beginners )
Now, you are well-known for the fact that Shopify is the best option to create an online store for beginners. But how to create one? What are the exact steps to follow?
Well, in this section of the article, we have provided some easy-to-follow steps on how to sell on Shopify.
1. Create a Shopify Account
First things first, you have to set up an account on Shopify.com with your activated email address and password. If you are using this platform for the very first time, then go for a 14-days free trial (no credit card) to test all the features provided by Shopify.
While signing up, you need to input your shop name as a credential. Remember if there’s any duplicate of your store name, you’ll get an error message.
After successfully signing up and creating your store on Shopify, you’ll be asked two questions regarding your current business and revenue. It’s completely dependent on you whether you’ll answer or skip them. But if you want to get personalized recommendations from Shopify, you should better answer all the questions properly.
Next, you have to input the default address of your current business.
Congratulation! You have successfully created your online store!
After that, you’ll be redirected to the homepage of your store where you have to fill all the sections regarding your products, theme, domain, and so on.
2. Input a Domain Adress
When it comes to setting up an online business, a domain name plays a vital role. On Shopify, you can directly connect your existing domain to your Shopify store.
Moreover, you can customize your domain address or purchase it from different websites like GoDaddy or Bluehost. Always remember a domain name portrays your brand identity. So, make sure to enter a domain name that’s easy to pronounce(less than 10 characters), SEO friendly, and easy to remember.
3. Select your Theme
Here comes the most important step of creating a Shopify store. The online store carries your brand identity and uniqueness. So, don’t forget to make it converting, alluring, and good-looking with engaging theme templates. You can choose from an ocean of already customized theme templates on Shopify.
But if you want to provide a more personalized experience to your customers, you can design your theme as per your choice and requirements, and this is the best part about Shopify.
Once you have customized your theme, make sure to check the accessibility on both the desktop and mobile. If you face any problems doing so, you can directly connect with the Shopify support team.
4. Launch Product
Is your online store of any use without products? Obviously no. So, after creating an alluring Shopify store, you have to focus on launching your products on your site. This step might seem a bit time-consuming but you have to be dedicated enough in this process to scale your revenue.
To add the products, first, click on the product option on your Shopify admin panel. Then you’ll find three options:
- Manually Launch Product
If you have limited products (less than five), this option will be more convenient for you. Here you have to add everything( product image, text, description) manually.
- Import Products Via CSV File
If you want to launch a bulk of products from different platforms, then importing products by CSV file will come in handy and save lots of time.
- Add Products with Oberlo
If you want to create a dropshipping business, then directly connect your store to Oberlo and stay stress-free from the fuss of packaging, shipping, and holding inventory.
5. Install Shopify Apps and Skyrocket Your Sales
Your business is almost ready. Now it’s high time for you to support your business through various software regarding analytics, sales, marketing, etc.
But once you’ve set up your business on Shopify, you don’t need to worry about these requirements since it provides more than 2600 paid and free apps to navigate your sales and boost your conversion rates. You can choose from any of them and scale your brand growth abruptly.
6. Market Your Business
It doesn’t matter how good your products are, how much you have invested in your store, or how good your business is if you don’t market your products properly. Having a strategized market plan is a game-changer for every business. So, here we are going to provide 7 tips that you can adapt to build a strong presence in this competitive era.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is one of the most efficient and sustainable strategies that can change the whole e-commerce game. By generating relevant content for your business, you can attract and retain more customers to your site. You can create different kinds of content in terms of blogs, articles, social media posts, newsletters, and so on. In one way this strategy promotes your site to your target audience and on the other hand, it provides them with a better shopping experience. So, make sure to utilize it properly.
- Social Media Marketing: Nowadays, the majority of the customers hang out on different social media platforms. Then why not to use these platforms to promote your business? You can run paid FB ads, and Instagram ads, and nurture your business. Moreover, you can create your own pages on various social media platforms to boost both your brand identity and annual revenue.
- Email Marketing: The e-commerce industry is evolving day by day. Businesses are adapting more personalization techniques to connect with customers. In such a scenario, what can be more effective than a personalized email? You can collect data or track your visitor’s activities by using cookies and send them personalized emails accordingly. It means a better customer experience for them and more leads for you!
- Search Engine Marketing: Search Engine marketing majorly known as SEM deals with broadcasting your business on search engines. It allows the customers to pick their favorite products amidst the ocean of goods. This strategy is affordable, measurable and at the same time helps increase brand awareness.
- Influencer Marketing: Influencer marketing is trending nowadays. They are now dominating the whole online world. So, if run an e-commerce business, you can collaborate (both free and paid) with them to advertise your business to a larger audience.
- Search Engine Optimization Marketing: This marketing strategy falls under the same umbrella as SEM marketing. But the only difference between these two is SEM is paid whereas SEO marketing is fully organic. SEO marketing strategy helps you get more traffic to your site with high-quality click-throughs.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is one of the most profitable ways to generate more sales within a short period of time. You may connect with affiliate marketers or influencers/bloggers to refer to the links of your products among their connections. If anyone purchases your product through the given link, they’ll keep 10% of the total revenue and the rest will be completely yours. So, try this strategy and boosts the conversion rates instantly.
The Conveniences of Using Shopify
Here are the benefits of Shopify.
1. Easy-to-use Interface
One of the main reasons behind the immense popularity of Shopify is its easy-to-use interface. Shopify is an appropriate hosting platform for everyone. With its simplified web designing interface, it offers its users numerous easy-to-use trending features that are convenient if you want to scale your business to a higher level.
2. Free SSL Certificate
All pages, content, cards, transaction information – everything is protected by a 256-bit SSL certificate on Shopify. So, it might be considered the safest place for every e-commerce business.
3. Mobile Adaptability
To make this platform more customer-friendly, every Shopify store now includes a built-in mobile e-commerce shopping cart. Consequently, it allows them to operate this application from any of their devices. (mobile & tablet).
4. Customer Profile
This is one of the most convenient features offered by Shopify. With the help of this option, you can collect your customer info and track their activities. Then, use this information later to customize a more personalized message/interface for your target audience.
5. Customized Themes and templates
Unlike other marketplaces, Shopify offers multiple pleasing front-end designs for customizing the store aesthetically that’ll elicit a perceptible look for your digital brand. Moreover, if you are running out of time to personalize your shop on your own, you can directly connect with the experts and ask for their help.
6. Cloud-Based System
Here you don’t need to deal with any kind of fuss related to managing and upgrading websites. Moreover, technical maintenance is also supervised automatically on Shopify.
7. Language-friendly Interface
Shopify has integrated several languages into its templates and themes to provide a better shopping experience to the customers. Starting from Engish, Japanese, and Turkish to Norweigan, Thai, and Swedish, Shopify offers multiple language options to its users. You customize the website content, landing pages, emails, and other facets as per location and requirements.
8. Multi-channel Option
With its multi-channel system, Shopify will extend your brand value to a higher range and help you boost your sales abruptly.
9. 24/7 Customer-care Service
Shopify offers a super-active customer-care service. If you face any problems with your e-commerce store, you can directly chat with their support team via email or live chat.
10. No Trading fees
On other marketplaces, the sellers are bound to endow up to 40% of their total revenue as selling fees. But Shopify doesn’t cost one single penny from the merchants except for the subscription plan and payment processing fees.
How Much Does Shopify Cost You?
Shopify is not only known for its premium features and benefits but also popular for its pocket-friendly subscription plans. Unlike other e-commerce platforms in the market, Shopify provides thousands of advanced features at a very minimal price range.
It mainly offers three types of subscription plans to its users. And, the best part is there are no sign-up or transaction costs except for the external payment gateway.
|Basic Shopify ($29/mo)||Shopify ($79/mo.)||Advance Shopify ($299/ mo)|
|For newcomer entrepreneurs. Unlimited products 24/7 support sales channel fraud analysis||Growing online business Starting from all the basic features to advanced level options, everything is available in this plan at only||Established BusinessesBesides offering all the advanced trending features, this plan incorporates other premium options like advanced report builder, third-party integration, etc.|
Shopify Lite Vs Shopify Plus
This plan ($9/month) enables the Shopify business owners to sell their products on Facebook and chat with the ideal customers through messenger whereas Shopify Plus is $2k/month plan, specially created for high-end brands looking for an expensive scalable e-commerce platform. Here they can customize their stores as per their needs and requirements and outsource their product range to the next level.
Final Thoughts: How to Sell on Shopify (2022)
The Market is saturated with a range of e-commerce platforms. But still, Shopify has successfully maintained its first rank with unlimited features and options. So, if you are still confused to choose the best platform for your business, you can blindly trust Shopify.
So, We have reached the final section of this article. Hope this article helps you solve all your queries. Here we have mentioned every ins and outs that you need to acquire before starting your own business.
So, what are you waiting for? Follow these steps and skyrocket your sales with Shopify.