Quora is often overlooked by marketers in favor of platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. But with over 300 million users, Quora is a goldmine for placing your ads and even promoting products that solve user’s needs (after all its a question-and-answer platform).
We will discuss all the facts and figures associated with Quora in this post. This will help marketers to better understand the platform and curate a marketing strategy accordingly.
Get to know Quora’s demographics, user behavior, trends, and much more in detail.
Let us get into it, shall we?
Quora Statistics (Top Picks)
- Quora has 300+ million monthly active users as per the latest data.
- The majority of Quora users are from the 25 to 34 age group.
- The average time spent by a user on the platform is around 8-10 minutes.
- 3000 to 5000 Questions are asked on Quora every day.
- Quora’s biggest user base is in India with millions of users belonging to the 13 to 35 age group.
- Men users (55%) access Quora more than females (45%).
- The United States sends the most traffic to Quora.com
- 65.25% of the traffic on Quora comes from organic searches.
- quora.com gets most of its social media traffic from Twitter.
In-Depth Quora Statistics
Let me give you an in-depth view of Quora with this set of Statistics.
1. Quora User Statistics.
Over 300 million people use Quora every month as of 2023.
Quora had 100 million monthly users in 2016. The number rose to 190 million in 2017.
Today, It is among the top 20 social media in the world based on the user count.
2. Quora is the 17th most popular social media.
Based on the user count, Quora is the 17th most popular social media in the world.
3. 400K Topics are Discussed on the Platform.
Quora users engage in discussions of 400,000 topics every day
Users can follow ‘Topics’ on Quora. They get notified whenever there is an interesting activity happening under that topic.
Here are some highly popular topics on Quora as of 2023.
- Technology – 115.7 million
- Movies – 104 million
- Health – 100 Million
- Food – 97.3 million
- Science – 96.1 million
- Music – 91.7 million
- Books – 75.7 million
- Visiting and travel – 68 million
- Sports – 47 million
- Fashion and lifestyle – 43 million
- Politics – 29 million
4. Number Of Questions Asked On Quora.
Quora users ask between 3000 to 5000 questions on the platform each day.
That equals to around 90,000 -150,000 questions each month.
5. The Average Number of Answers On Quora.
According to estimates, each question on Quora receives an average of 6-7 responses, but this varies with factors such as the nature of the questions. If the topic is interesting, it may have over 5000 responses.
6. Quora has a paid service too.
Last year, Quora rolled out a subscription-based program known as Quora+ (Quora Plus).
This allows creators (Answer Givers) to hide their answers behind a paywall. Users can unlock these answers by subscribing to Quora plus with a fee of $5/month and $50/year.
7. Indians Dominate the Platform.
Quora’s biggest user base is in India with millions of users belonging to the 13 to 35 age group.
Indians send traffic toward’s Quora’s way from 279.4 million devices!
8. More than 1/3rd of Americans use Quora.
As per reports from Alexa, Around 35% of American citizens access Quora.
9. Age of Quora users.
Most Quora users belong to the 25 to 34 age group, they account for 30.80% of the total userbase.
Those aged between 18 to 24 make up 28.42% of the users.
Here is a table showing the complete demographics of Quora users:
|Age||Share of Users|
|18 to 24||27.97%|
|25 to 34||30.47%|
|35 to 44||17.76%|
|45 to 54||11.53%|
|55 to 64||7.42%|
10. Highly educated people power the platform.
Quora users are highly educated. 30% of Quora users have an undergraduate degree, and 20% have a graduate degree.
11. 55% of Quora users make over $100k US dollars/year.
With so many well-educated people using the platform and most of them belonging to a management background, It is natural that more than half of Quora users make more than $100,000 a year.
In a survey conducted by GWI, 42.4% of Quora users in the U.S. reported an average household income greater than $85,000.
12. Average time spent on Quora.
Quora users spend around 8-10 minutes on the platform every day. Grabbing an attention span of 10 minutes every day by a platform that doesn’t have a short video service is a huge achievement.
13. LinkedIn users love Quora.
It is found that LinkedIn users aged above 18 spend more time on Quora. If you are a firm looking to acquire talent, posting on Quora along with LinkedIn is not a bad option either.
14. Male users outnumber female users on Quora.
Males make up 55% of Quora users, while females make up 45% of the user base.
15. A good portion of Quora users are from the management background
As per 2018 research, 38% of Quora users are likely to be from a management background. You can reap the benefits of this by presenting your company in front of decision-makers in order to increase conversions.
16. Quora is valued at $2 billion US dollars.
Quora is valued at $2 billion US dollars as of 2023.
17. Quora allows advertising on its platform.
Quora started showing ads way back in 2016, but they were only limited to a few brands.
In 2017, Quora rolled out “Quora for business,” This allows business to put their ads on Quora.
Businesses using Quora Ads have seen up to 4x higher conversions than other platforms.
18. The majority of ads on Quora are B2B.
The majority of businesses that use Quora’s Ads platform are targeting other companies rather than end customers, according to the Quora team.
This has to do a lot with statistic no. 14 on this list.
19. Number of Questions on Quora
In March of 2021, Quora announced that it had surpassed the 90 million question mark on the platform. They might well have surpassed the 100 million mark as of the time of writing. Because questions are continuously added and removed, it is impossible to know the right figure.
20. Rarely does any question go unanswered
99% of questions posted on Quora are answered. Ask away anything you have in mind. It is highly unlikely that you won’t get a response.
21. Most popular Question on Quora
This is the most popular question on Quora. It has over 40,000 followers and 27.9 million views.
22. Well-written answers get millions of views.
A well-written answer on Quora can get over a million views easily.
23. The majority of Quora traffic comes from mobile phones.
This may not come as a surprise looking at Stat no. 7.
83.7% of Quora’s global traffic is generated via smartphones.
The majority of India’s population access the web through their smartphones.
Not just that part, the USA, which makes the second country to have the most quora users, has 78.29% of people accessing the internet from their smartphones daily.
24. More than 70% of Quora Ads Interactions occur via Mobile Phones
As the above stats show, Most people access the platform via smartphones; naturally, mobile-related engagement is also high, with over 70% happening through mobile devices.
25. Quora Has Over 300k Unique Topics
Quora has 300,000+ unique topics to explore and find subject areas in which to share your expertise.
26. “Movies” is a huge topic on Quora.
With a following of 104 million, “Movies” is one of the most followed topics on the platform. This shows that people who share a love for movies are in high numbers on the platform.
27. Quora have a High Conversion Rate.
You can expect a conversion rate of up to 4 folds higher when you decide to advertise your business on the platform. Even Semrush backs this claim.
28. Quora experiences a high amount of organic traffic
Quora receives more than half of its traffic from Google, which isn’t surprising given Google’s dominance.
According to Similarweb data, Quora gets 65.25% of traffic comes from organic searches.
If you’re a marketer, you can take advantage of this information by providing answers that include specific keywords or citations to your product.
29. Twitter sends the majority of social media traffic to Quora
Twitter is responsible for 59.96% of all the social media traffic that comes to Quora. second on the list is youtube which accounts for 18.25% of traffic.
30. Quora raised $80 million to remain independent
Adam D’Angelo revealed that Quora sourced this fund from the Tiger group.
31. Quora doesn’t give out numbers like other platforms
CEO of Quora, Adam D’Angelo, also says that Quora focuses more on quality than quantity and doesn’t give out company-related data as frequently as other big companies.
32. Males link their responses more than Females
According to a study, males are more likely than females to link their responses.
They link their responses two folds more than Females.
33. Quora supports multiple languages
People can use Quora in 17 different languages.
34. Google is the most discussed brand on the platform
Google drives the most traffic to Quora, and it is the most discussed brand on the platform. Giants like Amazon, Meta, and Coca-Cola follow Google.
35. Quora is a bang for the buck than most platforms
The click-through rate (CTR) and cost-per-click (CPC) metrics are better on Quora than on other platforms.
36. Quora will turned 14 years old in 2023
Quora was launched on June 25, 2009. It was co-founded by former Facebook employees Adam D’Angelo and Charlie Cheever.
The platform turned 14 years old in June 2023.
Conclusion: Quora Statistics (2023)
So there you have it: some interesting facts about Quora that every marketer should be aware of in order to better understand their target audience. They can use this platform for advertising their products and running ad campaigns on topics relevant to their businesses. Quora has a lot to offer; all you have to do is exploit its potential, and your company will flourish.