The marketing automation industry has grown significantly over the last decade. It plays a major role in saving the time and money of businesses.
Furthermore, the ROI generated by the marketing automation is $5.44 per dollar spent. These figures of ROI have attracted 84% of marketers to invest in marketing automation and achieve their top priorities.
If you are interested in investing in marketing automation, you are surely in the right place. In the following article, we have compiled all the intriguing facts and figures about marketing automation. These stats will help you to understand in depth the marketing automation industry.
Marketing Automation Statistics (Top picks)
- 96% of marketers have used a marketing automation platform for their business or are planning to use it in the coming year.
- 17.4% of marketers stated that marketing automation is one of the most effective digital marketing techniques.
- 75% of the email revenue is obtained from triggered personalized emails.
- 61% of the users said that they used marketing to generate more leads.
- In the year 2023, 80% of the advertising sector will be automated.
- 60% of marketers reported that one of the important benefits of marketing automation is improved user experience and better communication with the customer.
- More than 50% of marketers have implemented marketing automation in previous years.
- 47% of marketers used social media automation to grow their businesses.
- 35% of business owners reported that the top reason to use marketing automation is to generate leads and improve sales efforts.
- With the help of video automation, there was an increase in qualified leads by 451%.
General Marketing Automation Statistics
Marketing automation helps businesses to save the time and money required for tasks that can be automated easily. Automated marketing helps to increase the percentage of consumers and clients. In the following article, we have compiled all the general facts and figures related to marketing automation.
- 91% of users believe that marketing automation is very important for the overall success of their online marketing activities.
- 63% of the marketers reported that they are planning to raise their marketing automation funding this year.
- 27% of the companies feel that they are still new to the concept of marketing automation, and they are working to know more about it.
- 86% of the users reported that ease of use is an essential factor when considering to use of marketing automation tools.
- 96% of marketers have reported using marketing automation platforms for their business.
- 59% of the B2B marketing professionals in the US reported that they believe actionable analytics and reporting is the crucial feature when choosing marketing automation software.
- 71% of the B2B marketers said that they utilized marketing automation for email marketing.
The following table displays the utilization of marketing automation techniques by B2B marketers in different fields.
|Field||Percentage of B2B marketers|
|Social media management||39%|
Marketing Automation Trends
Marketing automation has bought various trends in the marketing industry. From automated email marketing to automated sales funnel communication, marketing automation has decreased the unnecessary hustles of marketers. Let us take a look at the statistics related to the latest trends in the marketing automation industry.
- 22% of the users reported that their main aim of using marketing automation is to improve campaign targeting.
The following table highlights the crucial reasons for using marketing automation.
|Reason||Percentage of users|
|Increasing lead generation||61%|
|Increasing sales revenue||47%|
|Improving customer engagement||36%|
|Increasing marketing productivity||29%|
|Improving campaign measurability||28%|
|Improving Campaign Targeting||22%|
- 65% of the users reported that they used marketing automation for email marketing.
- 47% of the users said that they used marketing automation for social media management.
The following table provides a breakdown of the areas users utilize marketing automation in.
|Area||Percentage of users|
|Social Media Management||47%|
|Sales Funnel Communications||14%|
|Dynamic Web Forms||12%|
- In the last decade, almost 50% of marketers have started using a market automation platform for the first time.
- 17.4% of marketers reported that marketing automation is one of the most effective digital marketing techniques.
- 76% of the companies reported that they received a return on investment within the first year of implementing marketing automation software in their business.
- 35% of the people reported that streamlining marketing and sales efforts is the major reason for using marketing automation.
The following table highlights the major reasons for the use of marketing automation.
|Top reasons for using marketing automation||Percentage of users|
|Streamlining marketing and sales effort.||35%|
|Improving customer engagement.||34%|
|Minimizing manual tasks.||30%|
|Increasing number of leads captured.||28%|
|Improving lead quality.||24%|
|Integrating/ Centralizing data.||21%|
|Improving marketing attribution.||17%|
|Improving multi-channel touch.||10%|
- 76% more automation technologies are used by marketers as compared to the sales team.
- 58% of marketers reported that they used automation for task management.
Source: Invesp, Ascend2, Hubspot,
Marketing Automation Market Size
The market size of marketing automation has rapidly increased in the past few years. It is being accepted by a large number of companies and organizations to improve their marketing strategy. Let us take a look at the top statistics concerning the market of marketing automation.
- The marketing automation industry is worth $344.8 billion worldwide as of record in the year 2021.
- 86% of marketing and communications professionals use marketing automation in their daily lives.
- 81% of marketing organizations reported that they use automation.
- 19% of the content marketing teams reported that they used marketing automation software.
- The marketing automation market size is expected to reach $13.71 billion by the end of the year 2030.
- The growth CAGR of the market of marketing automation between the years 2021 to 2030 is expected to be 12.9%.
Lead Generation through Marketing Automation
- 92% of the users reported that their primary goal of using automation was to enhance their qualified lead pipeline.
- 66% of the users reported that they used marketing automation to nurture their leads.
- According to 58% of the industry leaders that use marketing automation, conversion rates and revenue generation are the most important metrics one can measure.
- More than 75% of the marketing departments have reported an increase in conversion rates of leads after implementing market automation.
Email Automation Statistics
A large percentage of marketers use email automation to attract consumers and increase click-through and open rates. Let us take a look at the interesting facts and figures related to email automation statistics.
- 50% of small businesses use marketing automation software to send automated email campaigns.
- Sending targeted emails with the use of marketing automation software helps in generating 18 times more revenue.
- 46% higher open rates are observed after sending targeted and personalized automated emails.
- 38% of the open rates were observed for the triggered emails, while newsletters had an open rate of 18.7%.
- Welcome emails had the highest open rates of 86%.
- Automated cart abandonment emails had an open rate of 29.64%.
- Triggered emails have a 152% higher click-through rate and a 70.5% higher open rate than generic newsletters.
- 75% of the email revenue is generated from the triggered personalised email campaigns.
- businesses sending automated emails are 133% more likely to send targeted and relevant messages to customers.
- Email automation campaign is reported to be the fourth most well-known tactic for email marketing among companies.
Source: Statista, email stats, Get Response.
Social Media Automation Statistics
Social media is crucial for attracting new leads and customers. Automating social media marketing helps in the generation of targeted leads and quality consumers. Here are a few statistics related to social media automation and its advantages.
- 47% of small businesses use marketing automation software to manage their social media handles.
- 47% of marketers reported that they used social media automation, making social media the second most automated channel.
- 6 working hours can be saved in a week if the business automates its social media content and ads.
- The social media team of a company can save up to 175 hours in a month by automating 50% of their comment moderation on social media.
- 64% of marketers reported that managing companies’ social media is one of their multiple job responsibilities, and automating social media can help them a lot.
Source: Entrepreneur, Fronetics, Napoleon Cat,
Customer service automation statistics
- 81% of the users reported that they used marketing automation for customer retention.
- Omnichannel marketing automation is well-known for generating a 90% higher customer retention rate as compared to single-channel automation.
- WIth the help of chatbots, companies are able to save almost 30% of their customer support costs.
- Most customers using the company’s product expect a response to their queries and complaints on social media within 24 hours or less.
- 68% of customer service agents feel overwhelmed due to the manual work they have to perform.
- 42% of customers prefer a phone call to resolve a service issue.
The following table breaks down the communication channels preferred by the customers to resolve service-related issues.
|Channel||Preferred by the percentage of customers|
- 88% of the marketers reported that they would value an automation tool that would reduce the time that is spent on creating reports for customer interactions.
Advertising Automation Statistics
Advertising is one of the major sectors of marketing. Automating advertisements can yield great profit for the organization. Businesses use automation of advertisement to generate more efficient leads. The following section highlights the statistics about advertisement automation.
- Programmatic advertising was valued at 129.1 billion dollars in the year 2020.
- By the end of 2023, 80% of all advertising is predicted to be automated.
- For upselling their customers, 58% of marketers use marketing automation.
- 360% average order size can be increased by using one-click automated upselling online advertisements.
- Personalized offers based on browsing and purchasing history can increase sales by 20%.
Marketing Automation Tools
To implement marketing automation, you will require the latest software and tools. Various SAAS tools are available on the internet that makes business automation easy. You can check out your budget and purchase the one that satisfies your need.
Here are a few statistics associated with marketing automation tools.
- Hubspot leads the marketing automation software market. It has a 29.51% market share making it the leading solution provider.
- 12.11% share of the marketing automation market belongs to adobe experience cloud.
The following table displays the leading marketing automation software tools.
|Software||Percentage of market share owned|
|Adobe Experience Cloud||12.11%|
|Oracle marketing Cloud||8.63%|
- 55% of marketers have an opinion that easy integration with their existing tools, like CRM, etc., is a crucial feature of market automation.
- 45% of marketers think that lead qualification and lead scoring are the most important features.
The following table includes the features that are considered important in marketing automation according to marketers.
|Features||Percentage of marketers|
|Integration with their existing tool stack||55%|
|Lead qualification and scoring||45%|
|Email outreach and content creation||35%|
|Social media content distribution||24%|
- 39% of marketers said that their marketing automation is partially integrated with their technology stack.
The following table highlights the percentage of marketers that have integrated their systems with their technology stack.
|Integrated technology stack||Percentage of marketers|
|Not at all integrated||25%|
Benefits and Results of Marketing Automation
Is using marketing automation beneficial? What are the results generated by the use of this technology?
You can find the answers to these questions in the section below.
- 80% of the marketing automation users have seen improved lead generation.
- 36% of the markets stated that marketing automation’s most crucial benefit was handling all the repetitive tasks.
- There is a 451% increase in qualified leads with the help of video automation.
- 20% of the productivity of marketers is increased due to marketing automation.
- 63% of the brands reported outperforming their competitors after implementing marketing automation.
- There has been a 14.5% of the increase in sales and productivity due to marketing automation.
- Marketing automation led to a 12.2% decrease in marketing overhead.
- 77% of the users witnessed an increase in conversions due to marketing.
- 80% of the users found that there was an increase in their leads due to marketing automation software.
- 74% of the users reported that marketing automation helps them to save time.
- B2B marketers that used marketing automation saw a 10% increase in their sales pipeline.
- 49% of marketers reported that marketing automation enables personalized marketing communications.
- 43% of the users reported that marketing automation helps in improving customer experience.
The following table highlights the crucial benefits of using marketing automation according to different users.
|Benefits||Percentage of users|
|Time-saving on repetitive tasks.||49%|
|Higher quality leads.||39%|
|Improved customer experience.||43%|
|Enables better use of time by staff.||38%|
|Better data and decision-making||35%|
|Improved lead generation and nurturing||34%|
Challenges in Marketing Automation
With the implementation of new ideas and technology, there are some challenges that a company has to conquer. In the following section, we have stated the major challenges faced by organizations when implementing market automation techniques.
- 54% of marketers feel that they are not able to make the most out of the marketing automation tools they own.
- 26% of the users are unsure whether they are making the most out of their marketing automation tools and software.
- 39% of the businesses reported that lack of training and knowledge is the main barrier while utilizing marketing automation tools.
The following table breaks down the major challenges faced during the utilization of marketing automation.
|Challenge||Faced by the percentage of businesses.|
|Lack of training/knowledge||39%|
|Lack of resources||32%|
|Lack of budget||31%|
- 25% of the marketers said that the major challenge was the complicated setup process of automation.
- 33% of the companies declared lack of experience as the biggest obstacle in implementing business automation.
- 24% of the company reported giving low priority to marketing automation was their issue.
The following table highlights the barriers faced by companies while implementing marketing automation.
|Barrier||Faced by the percentage of businesses.|
|Lack of expertise||33%|
|Lack of priority||24%|
- 20% of the marketers reported that the systems they used were too complex to implement marketing automation.
- 16% of businesses find creating quality automation a challenge.
Wrapping Up: Marketing Automation Statistics (2023)
That’s all about marketing automation statistics.
67% of marketers believe that marketing automation will play a more notable role in the expansion of digital marketing. Furthermore, 63% of the companies that have benefited from market automation are planning to increase their investment in the field. Marketing automation indeed has a promising future and will take over the marketing industry.
What are your views about marketing automation? Will you implement marketing automation tools for your businesses? Let us know your views in the comment section below.